Snore gone

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Tolya
Jedi Council Member

Snore gone

Post by Tolya »

Has anyone had any experience with one of these gizmos? It is basically a wristband "tickles" the wearer when snoring is detected, forcing a position change.

Im thinking about buying one for my dad. He can put a XIX century steam engine to shame. Now I know he would be better off by just going to the doctor (which I have suggested on numerous occasions) but for now Im thinking about snore gone as a temporary solution.

Does anyone have an educated opinion about one of these? Are they effective? Medically safe?
Lisa
Jedi Knight

Re: Snore gone

Post by Lisa »

I suspect they would cause a person to not get a full night's sleep by barely waking them up. Kind of like mimicking the effects of sleep apnea.
May you live in interesting times.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Lisa wrote:I suspect they would cause a person to not get a full night's sleep by barely waking them up. Kind of like mimicking the effects of sleep apnea.
If he doesn't have sleep apnea as it is. He really needs to see a doctor and not just use some sort of "gizmo".
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Tolya
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tolya »

Enigma wrote:
Lisa wrote:I suspect they would cause a person to not get a full night's sleep by barely waking them up. Kind of like mimicking the effects of sleep apnea.
If he doesn't have sleep apnea as it is. He really needs to see a doctor and not just use some sort of "gizmo".
I didn't ask for a "go to the doctor" opinion, I asked for whether Snore Gone works. It's not for my dad anyways, it's so my mom can finally have a full night's sleep.

So any pertinent comments would be welcome. And no, my dad has no sleep apnea.
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Quite frankly it sounds a lot like those magic magnetic bracelets. I.e. bullshit.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Tinkerbell
Jedi Master

Post by Tinkerbell »

Has he tried those Breathe Right strips? They're almost like a bandaid worn on the nose at night, supposedly it works by opening the airways a little bit more. We gave them to the patients at the detox I worked at all the time.
Darth Wong wrote:The American "family values" agenda is simple: alter the world so that you can completely ignore your child and still be confident that he is receiving the same kind of Christian upbringing that you would give him if you weren't busy.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Good luck making me move around with a "tickle". :lol:
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"