NASA completes mission to kill God (Onion)

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

NASA completes mission to kill God (Onion)

Post by Lagmonster »

Okay, I know Onion reposts are lame, but this is a stunning example of art imitating art - or at least following by coincidence.

NASA Completes 52-Year Mission To Find, Kill God

From the absolutely hilarious article:
"I am ecstatic to tell you all today that we have beheld the awesome visage of the supreme architect of the cosmos, and we have murdered Him," jubilant administrator Charles Bolden said after being drenched with champagne by other celebrating NASA employees. "There have been innumerable setbacks, missteps, and hardships over the past 50 years, but we always stayed true to our ultimate goal and we never gave up."
Note: I'm semi-retired from the board, so if you need something, please be patient.
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Re: NASA completes mission to kill God (Onion)

Post by White Haven »

*giggles madly* Oh my...that was a thing of beauty. I got a couple oddball looks for half-suppressed giggling in the middle of the sales floor.
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

Well, I guess it saves me the hassle of taking him out :D

Laughed my tits off at that article, gotta love The Onion :mrgreen:
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Balls, said Wernher von Braun? :D
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Garlak
Youngling

Post by Garlak »

This made me chuckle a bit.

But, er, how exactly is this "art imitating art"? Where has this been before...?
I went to the librarian and asked for a book about stars ... And the answer was stunning. It was that the Sun was a star but really close. The stars were suns, but so far away they were just little points of light ... The scale of the universe suddenly opened up to me. It was a kind of religious experience. There was a magnificence to it, a grandeur, a scale which has never left me. Never ever left me.
~Carl Sagan
Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

Post by Lagmonster »

The Salvation War original fiction, which started on this board, grew here, and died here, dealt with the topic of mankind using technology to find and attack god.
Note: I'm semi-retired from the board, so if you need something, please be patient.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

The Onion's always good for a laugh. This made my week.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

Damn, I just posted this in OT. Oops, I shall go and excise it forthwith.

On the flip side, this is pretty damn funny. It would seem NASA beet Mike to the punch.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.