Who uses Hotmail or other webmail?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Robert Treder
has strong kung-fu.

Post by Robert Treder »

I use hotmail (zwei_neuf@hotmail.com)

It's free, it's easy to use, and if you don't need to do much with e-mail, there aren't any problems with it.
I don't need very extensive e-mailing capabilities; I don't use it for work, and I communicate with my family via non-internet means. The occasional message from friends is all I get. Used to get more when I was active in the Star Wars Combine (Lt. Zwei Neuf, former XO 1st Sector Fleet), but now I'm in the reserves, so I only check my mail like once a month.
Yep, I'm a internet junkie that doesn't do e-mail. Weird, huh?

I don't think there's any shame in using free mail accounts. Sure, they get used by dumbfucks like JC, but that's a problem with the person, not the account. I'm perfectly willing to let everyone know who I really am; I just like getting free e-mail also.
And you may ask yourself, 'Where does that highway go to?'

Brotherhood of the Monkey - First Monkey|Justice League - Daredevil|Late Knights of Conan O'Brien - Eisenhower Mug Knight (13 Conan Pts.)|SD.Net Chroniclers|HAB
IDMR
Moderator Emeritus

Post by IDMR »

I too, use a hotmail account, because I used to move around a lot and it was therefore more convenient. This coupled with the fact that I do not wish to clutter up work-related communications with personal mail.
"Intellectual rigor annoys people because it interferes with the pleasure they derive from allowing their wishes to be the fathers of their thoughts." - George F. Will

"If theory and reality diverges, change reality." - Josef Stalin
Pendragon
Padawan Learner

Post by Pendragon »

The adress I got from my provider died on me, and currently theres a cold war between me and them about the issue... So im stuck with a hotmail.
"Perfect. It's everything a girl could hope for: Expensive, explosive and phallic."
- Critical Maas
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Re: Who uses Hotmail or other webmail?

Post by Sea Skimmer »

I use hotmail

In my experience, blocking certain email providers rarely helps stop troll attacks. Tanknet comes to mind..
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Dark Primus
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Primus »

I'm using Telia.
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

Lol, I can imagine Darth Wong banning Hotmail without asking this and watching as half of the board can't post anymore. :P

But really, you should ban AOL'ers. :shock:
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Heh heh, that would be funny.

I wonder if I signed up on this board with my hotmail account...
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

I use yahoo and hotmail. I got hotmail so I could use msn messenger.
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
Omega-13
Racist Donkey-Raping Son of a Whore

Post by Omega-13 »

hotmail
derek_m_p@hotmail.com

I'm a useless pile of subhuman racist filth who attacked Darth Wong's heritage and accused him of abusing his wife and children!

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... 99#1688299
Sienthal
Padawan Learner

Uhhhh....Yeah

Post by Sienthal »

I've got Hotmail. It's my primary one, mostly because I'm too damn lazy to find something better.
Welcome to the Divine Empire of Ashcroft:
-Hey, you! Sending e-mail, eh?Say Cheese!
-What I say here is forever being recorded. Wonderful, isn't it?
-Jack Chick develops the most disturbing Chick tract to date. It may be viewed here: MIGHTY MORPHIN' SATAN RANGERS! GO!