(RAR)Your going to kill someone and you will be caught

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Re: (RAR)Your going to kill someone and you will be caught

Post by fgalkin »

I settle my affairs in the US, then bludgeon the bastard to death with a baseball bat and hide the body. Then, I hop on a plane to Russia and live there as a free man, as it does not have an extradition treaty with the US.

Premise is faulty. I won't get caught.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

fgalkin wrote: Premise is faulty. I won't get caught.
Wait so your idea is to kill Mr Body in way sure to create lots of physical evidence then hop on a plane and fly to Russia Most people believe this urban myth, remember Russia has to take you and want to keep you. Why exactly do they want to do that?

Extradition treaties just mean you HAVE to give people back when asked. Without a treaty it does not equate get out of jail free cards.

Plus with Mr Body going missing your going to be stopped at the airport anyway. Remember the police were tipped off, so you try and flee the country and Mr Body goes missing?

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Mr Bean wrote:
fgalkin wrote: Premise is faulty. I won't get caught.
Wait so your idea is to kill Mr Body in way sure to create lots of physical evidence then hop on a plane and fly to Russia Most people believe this urban myth, remember Russia has to take you and want to keep you. Why exactly do they want to do that?
Why wouldn't they take me? I'm a successful educated expatriate citizen returning home. I actually get a tax break from the government! :lol:
Extradition treaties just mean you HAVE to give people back when asked. Without a treaty it does not equate get out of jail free cards.
The Russian Constitution specifically prohibits the extradition of citizens to stand trial abroad. The only way I could be tried for the crime is if the US somehow convinces a Russian court to charge me, and they wouldn't be able to in the current political climate with the Magnitsky List and everything. As it is, the Russian government will tell the US to fuck off out of principle and take pleasure in doing it.

For extra security, I may get my name officially changed on my Russian passport, keeping the US one as it is. As the request for extradition will come to a different government branch than the one that handles records, and the Russian government will not be cooperative (nor is it that efficient in the best of time), that's another layer of protection right there.

Plus with Mr Body going missing your going to be stopped at the airport anyway. Remember the police were tipped off, so you try and flee the country and Mr Body goes missing?
In most jurisdictions, one has to wait 24 or 48 hours before a person can be declared missing. I'll be long gone before then. That's what the whole "hide the body" thing is for. Without a body in evidence, they will need to wait for someone to declare him missing before they start searching.

Also, you're, not your.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Last edited by fgalkin on 2013-01-22 04:27pm, edited 2 times in total.
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Specifically, Bean, I cite Article 61 of the Constitution of the Russian Federation:
Article 61.
The citizen of the Russian Federation may not be deported out of Russia or extradited to another state.
The Russian Federation shall guarantee its citizens defense and patronage beyond its boundaries.
http://www.departments.bucknell.edu/rus ... t/ch2.html

Yes, that means I have no need for this "least severe punishment" bullshit. I can get away with murder entirely. :D

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin