Why Did the Chicken Cross the Road?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

RogueIce
_______

Why Did the Chicken Cross the Road?

Post by RogueIce »

It is one of life's great mysteries. Why in the heck did the chicken cross the road? What would possess it to do so. I posed the question to a couple people on AIM last night. I got one that said it was a question he had long pondered, and another who said it got hit by a car. However, that answer does not suffice; the question lies in what was the chicken's objective in crossing the road, not what happened when the chicken tried?

So, does anyone here have any ideas?

Note: This is meant to be semi-serious, in the sense that it is, in essence, a joke, but one to make it seem like you're discussing seriously the reasons for it to cross, as if it were a philosophical question. I know you're not supposed to tell the reason of a joke, but I wanted to try to avoid this being just called SPAM and dismissed off hand.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

To get chicks. Why else?
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

"You telling jokes on his side" -Korean comedian guy whose name I forgot :D
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

To get to the other side. Duh. :p

Now, whats on the other side is a good question indeed. Maybe people and noodle soup.
TrailerParkJawa
Sith Acolyte

Post by TrailerParkJawa »

I think the more important question is why did the pervert cross the road?

Cause his dick was stuck in the chicken.
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE
Sriad
Sith Devotee

Post by Sriad »

kojikun wrote:To get to the other side. Duh. :p

Now, whats on the other side is a good question indeed. Maybe people and noodle soup.
To get away from koji! :rimshot:

But the question you pose is one I have often dwelt upon whilst sitting in my den on long rainy afternoons... Consider though, that the fundamental drive behind most human actions are either anal sex, jealousy, or boredom. Chickens aren't terribly smart, I don't think they have the capacity for boredom, and why would a chicken really be jealous of any other chicken...other than a spot 'o fudge packin'?

The solution is clear.
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Sriad wrote:
kojikun wrote:To get to the other side. Duh. :p

ROTFLMMFGDQQAO!!!!
Image Image
Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Post by Montcalm »

Why did the chicken crossed the road?
He was playing frogger :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jerry Orbach 1935 2004
Admiral Valdemar~You know you've fucked up when Wacky Races has more realistic looking vehicles than your own.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Why did Jesus cross the road?

He was nailed to the chicken.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Because God told it to. :D

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
XaLEv
Lore Monkey

Post by XaLEv »

The chicken crossed the road to escape the genocide being perpetrated by one Colonel Sanders.
「かかっ―」
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

XaLEv wrote:The chicken crossed the road to escape the genocide being perpetrated by one Colonel Sanders.
That I like. Time to change my quote...
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
XaLEv
Lore Monkey

Post by XaLEv »

XaLeV
That one would be pronounced kah-layw... I wonder what that should mean... twilight perhaps?

Yeah, twilight. I like that.
「かかっ―」
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

XaLEv wrote:
XaLeV
That one would be pronounced kah-layw... I wonder what that should mean... twilight perhaps?

Yeah, twilight. I like that.
I fixed it before I saw this... :oops:

Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

Damnit! How come nothing I say ever gets put in someones sig? Somebody put this in their friggin' sig! The Gnome commands it!
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Darth Garden Gnome wrote:Damnit! How come nothing I say ever gets put in someones sig? Somebody put this in their friggin' sig! The Gnome commands it!
You're not funny enough? :wink:

Seriously, if I had any more room (the board says I don't), I'd put in a quote of yours. I promise. :D

Darth Garden Gnome

RogueIce wrote:You're not funny enough? :wink:

Seriously, if I had any more room (the board says I don't), I'd put in a quote of yours. I promise. :D
Shhhh! I'm the King of Comedy. Its my style that befuddles some of you. In a hundred years, people will look back at everything I've said on this board and laugh their faces clean off their heads.

Also, I am now petitioning for larger sig space, so RougeIce can do what is neccesary: I WANT MY WORDS IN SOMEONES SIG! 8)
XaLEv
Lore Monkey

Post by XaLEv »

Why don't you just quote yourself? Pick something at random then forget about it so you can surprise yourself.

Anyway, I think you have been quoted before, but I can't remember by who.
「かかっ―」
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Darth Garden Gnome wrote:(snip)

I WANT MY WORDS IN SOMEONES SIG! 8)
How's this? You even replaced a Wong quote. :D

Enlightenment
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Enlightenment »

So it could surrender to the Germans on the other side.
It's not my place in life to make people happy. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to watch me slaughter cows you hold sacred. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to have your basic assumptions challenged. If you want bunnies in light, talk to someone else.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Enlightenment wrote:So it could surrender to the Germans on the other side.
That's the Fren...er, Freedoms. Though one could make an argument they're the same... :wink:

kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

No no no, I'm a bottom, chickens don't work. :P
Darth Garden Gnome

RogueIce wrote:How's this? You even replaced a Wong quote. :D
KICK ASS!!!

You sir, RougeIce, are my hero. When the world as you know it crumbles around you under the Gnomish assualt, you shall be spared, and elevate dot the rank of Grand Vizier of the Gnomish Empire!

You too can be saved. Just put anything I say in your sig. Really. ANything at all. Instant redemption.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Darth Garden Gnome wrote:
RogueIce wrote:How's this? You even replaced a Wong quote. :D
KICK ASS!!!
Glad you're happy. 8)
Darth Garden Gnome wrote:You sir, RougeIce, are my hero. When the world as you know it crumbles around you under the Gnomish assualt, you shall be spared, and elevate dot the rank of Grand Vizier of the Gnomish Empire!

You too can be saved. Just put anything I say in your sig. Really. ANything at all. Instant redemption.
C'mon, with stuff like this, he should get more sig appearences! :D

Darth Garden Gnome

RogueIce wrote:Glad you're happy. 8)
What can I say, being in someones sig is the highest honor possible, aside being a mod/admin. or World Dictator. But that can wait. Sigs are only the fist step... :twisted:
Darth Garden Gnome wrote:C'mon, with stuff like this, he should get more sig appearences! :D
He's right, you know. Go on, listen to him. You know you want to.