Burger King Dumps The Creepy King

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

ComradeClaus
BANNED
Location: Ossurary Gateworld, Corrupted Wilderness, Star Wars Galaxy. Serving her Divine Highness.

Re: Burger King Dumps The Creepy King

Post by ComradeClaus »

Phantasee wrote:
Havok wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You clearly were born in the 90's.
This is what gave it away?

Also: you are an old man. Can you tell us about the creepy Moon Man McDonald's used in the 80s?
Actually, I was born in 1982, but only heard Country at home, wasn't till the late 90's that I finally got to hear rock (outside of tv/movie soundtracks). Oddly, the 'modern' rock station that recently began broadcasting here plays Jimi Hendrix & scorpions from the 70's. (of course they are awesome)

--I remember that CosMc guy, he had 4 arms IIRC (Voiced by Frank Welker, oddly, Google has almost nothing on him). It's a pity McDonalds replaced all Ronald's cool companions & replaced them w/ creepy CGI happy meal commercials like "Spaceman Stu"

I also miss their old slogans. That "I'm lovin' It", I do NOT love. :banghead:

They also had a record released w/ a product song. Though only one had the whole thing on it, which we didn't get. The old playgrounds were cool too. (I hate the new layout of Mcdonalds restaurants too, (it actually seats LESS people & haas FEWER bathroom stalls, at least in watertown) The shamrock shakes are smaller & Super Size is gone.
StarSword
Jedi Knight

Post by StarSword »

Hey, nothin' wrong with not listening to "your" decade's music. I was born in '88, but my favorite musicians are Billy Joel, Bruce Springsteen, and Bon Jovi.
Star Carrier by Ian Douglas: Analysis and Talkback

The Vortex Empire: I think the real question is obviously how a supervolcano eruption wiping out vast swathes of the country would affect the 2016 election.
Borgholio: The GOP would blame Obama and use the subsequent nuclear winter to debunk global warming.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Phantasee wrote:
Havok wrote:
ComradeClaus wrote:You know who could replace the King?

The King... of NOTHING.

*Cue epic Metallica song*
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You clearly were born in the 90's.
This is what gave it away?

Also: you are an old man. Can you tell us about the creepy Moon Man McDonald's used in the 80s?
Who based his jingle about a serial killer? :) Or am I talking about another moon faced weirdo. Did Kraft have one?
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

Enigma wrote:
Phantasee wrote: This is what gave it away?

Who based his jingle about a serial killer? :) Or am I talking about another moon faced weirdo. Did Kraft have one?
More of a mass-murderer, really.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

no, no civilized businessman really.

after all those murders, arsons, multipal rapes, elsavement, and robberies were purely for profit. Macheath being a soldier turned highwayman, turned killer thief, turned pimp, gangster, and sometimes insurance arsonist for a fee.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

I've eaten at McDo a few times the past month (temp contract in the city, short lunch breaks, pants don't quite fity any more). Anyway, they now have something called a 1955 burger, and you know what?

Best damn burger I've ever had at McDo. It actually tastes of meat, for starters.

About the only thing I remember to my single visit to Burger King was that the milkshakes were thick enough to cause a stroke if you tried to suck them through the straw.