DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Re: Small event, big impact on your life

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

The latter. Our locations are rather straight-forward. :P
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

Oh dear, that poor girl... It's one thing to be born in Iowa, it's another to trick nice girls into moving there, DPDP.
XXXI
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

that qualifies as a crime there, there had better be a place where Amy can use her degree over in the land of human sacrifies for corn gods...

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Phantasee wrote:Oh dear, that poor girl... It's one thing to be born in Iowa, it's another to trick nice girls into moving there, DPDP.
She grew up in rural Georgia, as long as she's above the Mason-Dixon line I think she's happy.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
eyexist
Padawan Learner

Post by eyexist »

Twelve years ago when I was working in accounting my boss ordered me to authorize refunds on customers' accounts due to our satisfaction guarantee. This was a normal occurrence except for the fact that my boss knew he was losing his job and had me transfer the refunds into his friends bank accounts. Well his boss found out and thought we were in kohuts so he had us both thrown in jail for fraud.

After calling family members and being called a failure for failing them as a son/cousin/nephew I called my girlfriend and she posted bail and hired a lawyer who had the charges expunged from my record. If it weren't for her I would have likey had a criminal record for something that I was the victim of.
Member of the PRFYNAFBTFC - Black Ops Division. Captain of the MFS Linda Lovelace
Rainbows make me cry.
Sinewmire
Padawan Learner

Post by Sinewmire »

When my (now very ex) girlfriend told me she was pregnant (it later turned out she was lying). Completely blew me out of the water, shook me out of my youthful feelings of invincibility and also helped me face the fact that I didn't really want to be what I was studying for at the time.

It also helped me dump her, ironically, which was extrememly good for me.

No, I'm didn't abandon her, I just realised exactly how crappily she was treating me and how much pressure she'd put me under. Made me realise that I wasn't prepared to put up with the infantile mind-games she'd been playing since day one. It also helped me confirm my growing suspicion that she is/was a compulsive liar. Turns out I wasn't the first person she'd mind-gamed into unprotected sex* and then told she was pregnant.

Urgh.

Only just starting to recover from that one.

(* yes, I know, I hate myself daily for caving in on that one stupid, stupid, stupid. I was just terrified of her leaving me. Looking back I can't imagine that I thought NOT being with her would be BAD)
"Our terror has to be indiscriminate, otherwise innocent people will cease to fear"
-Josef Stalin