If you could travel back to any time period...

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

If you could travel back to any time period...

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

Which one would it be? And what if you got stuck in a past time period and place (Middle Ages, 17th century England, 19th century America, 3000 B.C.), and couldn't go back, what would you be doing?
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
EmperorSolo51
Jedi Knight

Post by EmperorSolo51 »

I would go back in time to 1812, Stop Laura Secord from telling the British of the American invasion of Canada, Thus making Canada part of the USA.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Kindly Inform myself to sell everything to Invest in Microsoft, Then Yahoo/Amazon/AOL and inculde a list of sell dates

Warp to present and buy Everyone on the Board a Gold Plated hmmmm Gold Plated F-16 :twisted:

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

That's not a bad idea, Bean. I think I'll do that. *flash*
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

I'd go back to ~200BC and convince Heron to work on his Aeliopile and make it into a steam engine, over 1500 years before we made it fully workable
Sì! Abbiamo un' anima! Ma è fatta di tanti piccoli robot.
TrailerParkJawa
Sith Acolyte

Post by TrailerParkJawa »

I think I would like to return to the late 30's or early 40's. There is reasonable basic medical care and I would like to see the world as it existed then.

I suppose I would end up fighting in WW2 but that is better than going back too far in time and being burned at the stake because I accidently blurt out the Earth is not flat. :-)

BTW: Are we going back in our current condition? ie same age, health, etc.?
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Ahh the good evilness of tons O money :D

Sure the 1930s might be nice but with Billions O Dollers I can aforad to have Enstine Cloned a few hundred times and get them working on a time machine :D

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

I would go back to about 30 AD and see for myself if Jesus was really what he was made out to be.
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Kinda suck if they realy where wrong :D

Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

oh yes, it would. . .but either way, billions are going to be wrong. something to look foward to.

seeing jesus would be amazing. . . alexander the great and julius ceaser as well.
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member
Location: Either ISD Nemesis, DSD Demeter or outside Coronet, Corellia, take your pick

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

I would go back to 3000 BC and use my advanced knowledge to make the Egyptians crown me God :D
::sig removed because it STILL offended Kelly. Hey, it's not my fault that I thing Wedge is a::

Kelly: SHUT UP ALREADY!
Sienthal
Padawan Learner

Hmmm...

Post by Sienthal »

I would go back to Greek (Or is it Roman?) era and figure out a way to put a stop to the burning of the great library of Alexandra. That dropped us back a few centuries regarding technology.

Annnnd...As for actual relevancy to your question, I'd probably go back to the Middle Ages. Aside from the rampant disease and horrid treatment of the lower class, it was a pretty interesting time.
Welcome to the Divine Empire of Ashcroft:
-Hey, you! Sending e-mail, eh?Say Cheese!
-What I say here is forever being recorded. Wonderful, isn't it?
-Jack Chick develops the most disturbing Chick tract to date. It may be viewed here: MIGHTY MORPHIN' SATAN RANGERS! GO!
Mr. B
Jedi Knight

Post by Mr. B »

I'd go back to the days of Alexander and tell him what not to attack and what to attack and to start going to AA.
"I got so high last night I figured out how clouds work." - the miracle of marijuana

Legalize It!

Proud Member of the local 404 Professional Cynics Union.

"Every Revolution carries within it the seeds of its own destruction."-Dune
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Scanner, Library of Alexandria, LOTS of Storage disks, any questions?

oooh, look the complete works of a certain Lesbian Poet that the Christians and Moslems destroyed all the writings of during the crusades.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

I'd like to go back to the 50's, where things were simple, gas station attendants were polite, and the doctors on TV smoked.
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

Who here would go back in time to prevent B&B from getting into the Star Trek franchise?
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

Hmm.. For Trek I'd go back to 1960 and do the series myself, making it QUALITY scifi. :)
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

I would go back to the VERY early 1970's, and take scripts for all of the best TV series and movies with me. I would also take all of the best books back with me, and sell them all as my ideas! No one wrote anything good, back then. :lol:

And I would invest in Microsoft and Starbucks.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Hmm maybe 1970s and go sneak up on George Lucus and Whipser, Heavy Turbo Lasers and ten teratons.... :P

*Edit
That or convice Lucus that Zahn is the second coming of the great one and all EU should be written by him(2% of Movie Profits to be given to Zahn for the EU)

*Edit Edit Edit

Ossus Don't forget Yahoo and AOL they both had near $200 a share at one point

kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

Ooh! Ooh! I know! I'll go back in time, take control of Rome with my magickal GUNS and make the world of the present 2000 years more advanced! MUHUWAHAHA!!!