The Box Office Roundup is now a blog!

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

LordShaithis
Redshirt

The Box Office Roundup is now a blog!

Post by LordShaithis »

I've done nothing with the formatting as of yet, and it's under my goofy-ass WoW name just because I've posted roundups under a couple different names on different forums and I couldn't settle on one, but here it is:

http://grimsteak.blogspot.com/

The first entry is up covering this weekend's business. I'll be cleaning it up and making the whole thing presentable in the near future.
If Religion and Politics were characters on a soap opera, Religion would be the one that goes insane with jealousy over Politics' intimate relationship with Reality, and secretly murder Politics in the night, skin the corpse, and run around its apartment wearing the skin like a cape shouting "My votes now! All votes for me! Wheeee!" -- Lagmonster
Master of Cards
Jedi Master

Post by Master of Cards »

Clash of the Titans sucked, that is all
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Master of Cards wrote:Clash of the Titans sucked, that is all
You will burn in hell for all eternity. That is all.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Master of Cards
Jedi Master

fgalkin wrote:

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Why do people like that movie anyway, it has bad acting, worse monsters (godzilla in Greece) and stupid effects. but i appluad their ways to offcome techianal problems
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

How do you feel about the Harryhausen Sinbad movies, or Jason and the Argonauts?
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Master of Cards
Jedi Master

Tsyroc wrote:How do you feel about the Harryhausen Sinbad movies, or Jason and the Argonauts?
if your talking to me never seen them
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Master of Cards wrote:
Tsyroc wrote:How do you feel about the Harryhausen Sinbad movies, or Jason and the Argonauts?
if your talking to me never seen them
Sorry. :oops: I was talking to you.

I just wondered how you felt about those movies since the effects were done by the same guy. Pesonally, some of the Sinbad movies are okay, Jason and the Argonauts is pretty good. I can't say that I've ever really liked Clash of the Titans either. I likes some of the stuff having to do with the gods but the rest was kind of meh.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Instant Sunrise
Jedi Knight
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Angeles del Río de Porciúncula

Post by Instant Sunrise »

Frank Darabont (Shawshank Redemption, Green Mile) is supposed to be making a new version of Fahrenheit 451, after he finishes his current project "The Mist."

And that is about everything that is known about that version. And yes, the Truffant adaptation of the book blows goats.
Hi, I'm Liz.
SoS: NBA | GALE Force
Twitter
Tumblr
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

but I'll skin alive the man who tells me Clash of the Titans was not awesome.
Dude- that movie sucked. I hated it.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

skyman8081 wrote:Frank Darabont (Shawshank Redemption, Green Mile) is supposed to be making a new version of Fahrenheit 451, after he finishes his current project "The Mist."

And that is about everything that is known about that version. And yes, the Truffant adaptation of the book blows goats.
I like that movie, God damn it. Image
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
LordShaithis
Redshirt

Post by LordShaithis »

Comment at the blog, bitches! :P

Please?
If Religion and Politics were characters on a soap opera, Religion would be the one that goes insane with jealousy over Politics' intimate relationship with Reality, and secretly murder Politics in the night, skin the corpse, and run around its apartment wearing the skin like a cape shouting "My votes now! All votes for me! Wheeee!" -- Lagmonster
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

LordShaithis wrote:Comment at the blog, bitches! :P

Please?
NO! We will continue to make our voices heard only here in defiance of your wishes :D
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Thanks for the link, i enjoyed the box office rundowns and i am looking for to the next update.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Master of Cards
Jedi Master

I like other then the fact you say The Clash of the Titans was even meh.
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker
Location: Ulthwé Craftworld, plotting the downfall of the Imperium.

Post by Lord Zentei »

Master of Cards wrote:
fgalkin wrote:

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Why do people like that movie anyway, it has bad acting, worse monsters (godzilla in Greece) and stupid effects. but i appluad their ways to offcome techianal problems
It's a cult movie.

It's all about about spirit, innocent fun and adventure, not quality production values.
CotK <mew> | HAB | JL | MM | TTC | Cybertron

TAX THE CHURCHES! - Lord Zentei TTC Supreme Grand Prophet

And the LORD said, Let there be Bosons! Yea and let there be Bosoms too!
I'd rather be the great great grandson of a demon ninja than some jackass who grew potatos. -- Covenant
Dead cows don't fart. -- CJvR
...and I like strudel! :mrgreen: -- Asuka
Bob the Gunslinger
Has not forgotten the face of his father

Post by Bob the Gunslinger »

Clash of the Titans is one of those movies you have to see as a kid, I think. If you have some imagination, the monsters aren't cheesy, they're badass. I grew up with the Harryhausen movies, and I still love almost all of them (Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger is unwatchable). To this day, the Medusa scene still freaks my wife out enough that we have to skip past it.
"Gunslinger indeed. Quick draw, Bob. Quick draw." --Count Chocula

"Unquestionably, Dr. Who is MUCH lighter in tone than WH40K. But then, I could argue the entirety of WWII was much lighter in tone than WH40K." --Broomstick

"This is ridiculous. I look like the Games Workshop version of a Jedi Knight." --Harry Dresden, Changes

"Like...are we canonical?" --Aaron Dembski-Bowden to Dan Abnett
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Hey, I bought Clash of the Titans just a few weeks ago. It's a great film. Sure, the acting isn't great, but it's a fun romp with some believable effects. I think supah-dupah CGI has just spoiled some people.

Also, Master of Cards, "you're" is the proper word to use when meaning "you are" as opposed to a possessive, "your".
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Pick wrote:I think supah-dupah CGI has just spoiled some people.
I think it's also likely that some people's imaginations probably diminish as they grow up, so for some, special and visual effects literally lose their magic.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

Master of Cards
Jedi Master

Pick wrote:Hey, I bought Clash of the Titans just a few weeks ago. It's a great film. Sure, the acting isn't great, but it's a fun romp with some believable effects. I think supah-dupah CGI has just spoiled some people.

Also, Master of Cards, "you're" is the proper word to use when meaning "you are" as opposed to a possessive, "your".
your insane :D Okay I saw the movie after Godzilla was on the weekend, and its quite in your face that they used the Godzilla model. The ways they made up for special effects limitions were amazing in my mind.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Master of Cards, Godzilla was always performed by a man wearing a costume suit, not with a stop-motion puppet, as the effects in Clash of the Titans were executed.