14%
No
86%

Total votes: 7

Azeron
Village Idiot

Thoughts About the Meaning of Moderating

Post by Azeron »

Now it has been accpeted wisdom that moderators are supposed to tame threads anbd posters down, but is 1 sided moderation, moderating the extreme really fair?

What about "moderating" people who post too timidly? I mean ther are tons of things you can do as a moderator to spice up a post, insert a racist comment attributed to that person, changing thier sig to something more thought provoking. In short keeping the boards alive by making them more intersting.

What do you think?
The Biblical God is more evil than any Nazi who ever lived, and Satan is arguably the hero of the Bible. -- Darth Wong, Self Proffessed Biblical Scholar
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Re: Thoughts About the Meaning of Moderating

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

Azeron wrote:What do you think?
I think anyone that takes pride in being labeled an idiot proves his accusor correct.
"I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war."
--The Lord Humungus
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Personaly I think our currant Moderators are never here, Heck been a week since I've seen IDMR here and GAT seems to be on an ever OTHER day post regiment, Crazy9000 and LordChaos are worse :D Rarly here at all, and Crazy was by admission gone for two weeks lucky GAT where there to cover for him

And as for Devils Advoce it would require more time investment than any of the current mods(Baring Monkey Boy :D) are willing to do

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

Mr Bean wrote:Personaly I think our currant Moderators are never here,
I'm right here, Mr. Bizatch.
"I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war."
--The Lord Humungus
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

If a moderator modifies a thread to make it more contreversial, they are abusing their power. If they use it against someone because they disagree with him on something unimportant, that's being corrupt.
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

Mr Bean wrote:Personaly I think our currant Moderators are never here, Heck been a week since I've seen IDMR here and GAT seems to be on an ever OTHER day post regiment, Crazy9000 and LordChaos are worse :D Rarly here at all, and Crazy was by admission gone for two weeks lucky GAT where there to cover for him

And as for Devils Advoce it would require more time investment than any of the current mods(Baring Monkey Boy :D) are willing to do

Hello? Monkey in da house.
AdmiralKanos
Lex Animata
Lex Animata

Post by AdmiralKanos »

Interesting trivia:

In a nuclear reactor, a moderator slows down neutrons in order to increase the likelihood of useful collisions. The purpose is to ensure that useful, productive collisions are occuring rather than useless, random collisions.
For a time, I considered sparing your wretched little planet Cybertron.
But now, you shall witnesss ... its dismemberment!

"This is what happens when you use trivia napkins for research material"- Sea Skimmer on "Pearl Harbour".
"Do you work out? Your hands are so strong! Especially the right one!"- spoken to Bud Bundy
XPViking
Jedi Knight

Post by XPViking »

What about "moderating" people who post too timidly? I mean ther are tons of things you can do as a moderator to spice up a post, insert a racist comment attributed to that person, changing thier sig to something more thought provoking. In short keeping the boards alive by making them more intersting. - Azeron
What the heck is this? Inserting a racist comment to keep the boards alive? Unbelievable.

XPViking
8)
If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might if they screamed all the time for no good reason.
Azeron
Village Idiot

Post by Azeron »

Hey I demand Copyright fees and a publishing fee for using my comments in your sig!!!

lol. Its look pretty cool I must admit.
The Biblical God is more evil than any Nazi who ever lived, and Satan is arguably the hero of the Bible. -- Darth Wong, Self Proffessed Biblical Scholar