(VS)These countries vs the world.

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

LordShaithis
Redshirt

(VS)These countries vs the world.

Post by LordShaithis »

Instead of another "US vs alliance of the week" thread, I'll try something a little different.

You have somehow risen to power and united Britain and her former colonies under your rule. Your empire consists of the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. As is standard for this sort of thread, nuclear weapons no longer work for some reason. You have fifty years to conquer the world, or to come as close as possible. How much can you accomplish?
If Religion and Politics were characters on a soap opera, Religion would be the one that goes insane with jealousy over Politics' intimate relationship with Reality, and secretly murder Politics in the night, skin the corpse, and run around its apartment wearing the skin like a cape shouting "My votes now! All votes for me! Wheeee!" -- Lagmonster
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Laugh mightly and launch a suprize attack on Europe, As I own the sea I set up blockades on both Japan and The Land Down under whos name I can't spell today. Then from my base in Europe(France would be a very easy conquere, being France and all) My only serious contenders are Russia, China and India.

Before the War I'd use insurgents to start a Pakistanie India fight then launch a full offenseive on Candiana and Mexico with a full Air-strike the day before, Salvo off my ASM missles at Russias Recon ones and then move on with the UK and My Bigades on *Temporary assigment in Germany to race towards France.

Most of the world I could take over simply by having Military Units out on *Excersize

Since no one on the planet has the Anhibious assets to invade the US after Candia and Mexico are neutrilsed I would simply convert most of US industry in War-Material and take a stroll through

To help me I would give it five solid years before I started the war to get lots of shells on hand while public saying we are cutting back the Army, Do what the US is doing now and get Video Games out to America's Youth about how cool the Army is and how you should join :D

Covertly the Tecnology I am selling to everyone else I would inculde flaws and backdoors or anything else I could build in to when I launch my first day strike take down communcation and generaly cause havok

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Lusankya
ChiCom

Post by Lusankya »

Do nuclear powerstations/nuclear subs work? I'll assume they do, and replace all existing power stations with nuclear, and stockpile oil (quietly of course)

Africa (through "humanitarian works")

Meanwhile I'd build up my military, pick a fight with Mexico/Canada while making it look as though I was acting in self defence. That should keep Europe out of the way for a bit. :)

Sign a pact with Russia and particularly China so I don't have to deal with them for the time, then launch an assault on europe. Don't expand into South America, as it would just enlarge the front for any possible counterattacks.

Once Europe's out of the way, clear up the middle east and india and then attack China, who at the moment should be the most serious threat. Unless India manages to get itself organised, that is. :lol: Or if China or Russia cottons onto what's happening, I'd ignore the middle east for the time (it being more trouble than it's worth.)

If I managed to get Asia under my control, then I'd send my forces into South America.

I might actually prefer to have india instead of the US - it would give me a greater population base to work with. Increased military spending over the first few years would counter the technology gap.
"I would say that the above post is off-topic, except that I'm not sure what the topic of this thread is, and I don't think anybody else is sure either."
- Darth Wong
Free Durian - Last updated 27 Dec
"Why does it look like you are in China or something?" - havokeff
Next of Kin
Rabid Monkey

Post by Next of Kin »

I think the first matter of business would be to liberate the islands of St. Pierre and Miquelon. A full scale, mass invasion would be necessary to rid the island of the evil French overlords that are hell-bent on governing the land. Either that or we send over 50 or so thugs armed with baseball bats to chase away all the fishermen.
LordShaithis
Redshirt

Post by LordShaithis »

What's all this "attacking Canada" business? You already own the countries I list at the beginning of the thread. :)

That said, I think taking care of China first might be advisable. It'll be a lot easier to sell to everyone than invading mainland Europe, and will take out the largest threat right off the bat.
If Religion and Politics were characters on a soap opera, Religion would be the one that goes insane with jealousy over Politics' intimate relationship with Reality, and secretly murder Politics in the night, skin the corpse, and run around its apartment wearing the skin like a cape shouting "My votes now! All votes for me! Wheeee!" -- Lagmonster
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Well cause we wanted to invade Candia for so long so me and the boys... :D woops we forget ok change NUKE DEM FRENCH SPEAKING MONTIES plan number 4 to the mexicans :D

China is not that big of a threat thanks to three things you can exploite

1. Lots of Rivers everywhere no matter where you want to go, Most don't have or WONT have bridges
2. Chineese Air-Transport(Not fighters, transport) can be summed up in WHAT Transport
3. They lack any anhiub ships to attack anywhere so its all land only to them

Oh and they have a long History of trying to wipe every single russia off the face of the earth so going through Russias Rail Ways is unlikley

China would be the last country taken count on it

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Former colonies? Shouldn't that give me half the globe? I mean, the Brits owned India, half the Middle East, half of Africa ...

But with the countries listed, I would first go after third world countries with the old sphere of influence strategy used by Europeans in Asia. Operatives would be sent to second world countries, disguised as terrorists, to cause trouble, especially against my assets, giving me an excuse to invade. Other operatives would be sent to hostile first world countries to stir them up against each other, and I stay "neutral," and goad them into further conflict if the fighting dies down, until they wipe themselves out, at which point I'd invade to "restore order."
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Next of Kin
Rabid Monkey

Post by Next of Kin »

What's all this "attacking Canada" business? You already own the countries I list at the beginning of the thread.
Not so, St. Pierre and Miquelon are in the greedy hands of the dreaded French!
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

The first order of business is to take over South East Asia and parts of Africa. With those resources in hand, I would begin attacking Spain and the Middle East to Turkey. If I was able to move quickly enough, I would invade the little former USSR states like Georgia (not the American state), Azerbaijan, and move through the Caucasus into Russia's industrial areas. From there, Europe would be relatively easy. With me in control of the world's oil and much of its industry, I would be able to pick off the little countries at my leisure. And if the US and the UN tried to intervene, I would tell them to screw themselves and stall them by vetoing all UN attempts to do anything. :twisted:

A US without oil is a US that can't do jack. I would rule the world, and build an Empire to stand the test of time. :D
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
ArmorPierce
Rabid Monkey
Location: Born and raised in Brooklyn, unfornately presently in Jersey

Post by ArmorPierce »

This war would be quite easy since the US is in it. Maybe you should drop the US, that would make for mor of a challenge.
Brotherhood of the Monkey @( !.! )@
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. ~Steve Prefontaine
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.