Do you carry any tools?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Do you carry any tools?

Post by Dalton »

I was wondering about this on my way home: do you carry tools around with you wherever you go? Is it just geek types that do this, or is it more universal?

I carry a Victorinox Swisstool, which is like a Leatherman. I also have on my keychain a...thing with two knives and a pair of scissors, and also a 64MB flash drive.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

64 MB Flash drive, some wrench thingy, some type of multi tool knife, and pliers.

All of which have served me well.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

When I'm on the "job," I usually carry my trusty flashflight and just take the tools at work when tech crewing. Of course, I am going to get fired since I'm graduating. :)
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Depending on where I'm going and what I'm carrying:

Most of the time:
Leatherman
Swiss Army Knife
128mb Flashdrive
Notepad and pen

Sometimes:
Computer toolkit (lots of fun bits and pieces)
Modelling toolkit
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Cpl Kendall carries a leatherman which serves him and myself very well, but that's all he carries. I used to carry a small Swiss Army Knife until the airport took it away from me a year ago :evil: Like I could have injured anyone with my two kids to look after and the tiny dull knife it had. Grrr...
tharkûn
Tireless defender of wealthy businessmen

Post by tharkûn »

I have a knife on the keychain, other than that I work with too strong of magnets to carry anything metal on my person.

In the trunk I have a full tool kit (ratchets, pliers, needle nosed vice-grips, screwdrivers, wrenches, razors, hammer, etc.)
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
Superman
Pink Foamin' at the Mouth

Post by Superman »

My penis.
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Couple pocket knives, a bottle opener on my keychain, flashlight, pen, that's about it. In the car I have a toolbox stuffed with screwdrives, wrenches, pliers, and various other tools.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Chmee
Sith Marauder

Post by Chmee »

9mm hole-punch ....

Hardcase toolkit with the usual wrenches, socket set, screwdrivers, wirecutters, etc. in the truck, but only a half-gig flash drive on the keychain.
[img=right]http://www.tallguyz.com/imagelib/chmeesig.jpg[/img]My guess might be excellent or it might be crummy, but
Mrs. Spade didn't raise any children dippy enough to
make guesses in front of a district attorney,
an assistant district attorney, and a stenographer

Sam Spade, "The Maltese Falcon"

Operation Freedom Fry
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

The tool of vision... me spectacles.
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

The only things I carry remotely resembling tools would have to be some lip balm and a handkerchief. I don't see a reason for me to carry anything else.
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

When I remember I like to carry around a pocket knife.
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

A 3/16ths Allen wrench and a drumkey.
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

16 MB FlashDrive (I got it for free, so I don't mind that it's small), and a couple "spare" laminated cards. They work surprisingly well for jimmying the door locks when I forget to take my house keys with me. I used to carry a drumkey and pitch pipes, but when I stopped playing timpani I stopped carrying them.
Stanley Hauerwas wrote:[W]hy is it that no one is angry at the inequality of income in this country? I mean, the inequality of income is unbelievable. Unbelievable. Why isn’t that ever an issue of politics? Because you don’t live in a democracy. You live in a plutocracy. Money rules.
BattleTech for SilCore
Flakin
Jedi Knight

Post by Flakin »

Swiss Army Knife, 32 MB Jump Drive and a crappy Nokia phone which has a bright LED in the top you can use as a flashlight. I thought it was the most useless thing everat first but when I'm tracing cabling under floors or desks its actually quite handy...
EBC: Mississippi Division Sleeper Unit "The Sad Weimaraners".
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

I normally have a Leatherman hanging on my belt and a Flash drive in my pocket. On my keychain I also have "UtiliKey" which looks like a key, but unfolds into a combination of screwdrivers, bottle opener, and knife.
The Gentleman from Texas abstains. Discourteously.
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
"WHO POOPED IN A NORMAL ROOM?!"-Commander William T. Riker
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

Used to carry around my Leatherman in high school. It came in handy quite a bit; now I mainly use it for cracking open beers. :D
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
Hawkwings
Sith Devotee

Post by Hawkwings »

well, considering that I take a backpack basically everywhere I go, I have quite a stash of food, medical supplies, music-related supplies, batteries, etc in there. Water too :)
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

I carry a pen. that's all you need.
Hardy
Padawan Learner

Post by Hardy »

Swiss army knife (where it's allowed) and a TI-36X solar powered scientific calculator.

Up until now, I had no idea that people carried around flash drives on a regular basis.
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

256 MB flash drive and a bottle opener.
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

Hardy wrote:Up until now, I had no idea that people carried around flash drives on a regular basis.
It´s the best invention since the wheel. I use it every day to get data from uni to home or the other way round. Flash drives are the shizzledizzlediznis.
The Morrigan
Jedi Knight
Location: Lost, somewhere within the realms of my own fevered imagination

Post by The Morrigan »

Not anymore. I used to carry around a small adjustable spanner for reasons which now escape me and was once accused of having a mobile pharmacy in my bag.
After all, this is completely straightforward. What could possibly go wrong?

THIS LOOKS LIKE A JOB FOR EMERGENCY PANTS!

I hate Matt Damon and there's not a damn thing you can do about it

No, I'm not on drugs. I'm like this all the time.
Faram
Bastard Operator from Hell

Post by Faram »

Only a 512mb flash drive with some patches and most of the tools in the G&C sticky.
[img=right]http://hem.bredband.net/b217293/warsaban.gif[/img]

"Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; or he can, but does not want to. ... If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked. ... If, as they say, God can abolish evil, and God really wants to do it, why is there evil in the world?" -Epicurus

Fear is the mother of all gods.

Nature does all things spontaneously, by herself, without the meddling of the gods. -Lucretius
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Keys. Not once have I encountered a situation where my keys couldn't help fix it.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.