[Discussion] TempBan length for SC

Moderator: CmdrWilkens

CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

[Discussion] TempBan length for SC

Post by CmdrWilkens »

TempBan has passed in the punishment poll however the length was given as TBD therefore please use this thread as a forum to discuss LENGTH of the TempBan.

If you have comments related to anything other than LENGTH of the TempBan please start an alternate thread.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Re: [Discussion] TempBan length for SC

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

September, 2nd week, 2009

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

1 year
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Coyote wrote:1 year
1 Year

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

So one year has been seconded and my suggestion of ~3 months hasn't yet been.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Ill second three months
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Patrick Degan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Patrick Degan »

Six months.
When ballots have fairly and constitutionally decided, there can be no successful appeal back to bullets.
—Abraham Lincoln

People pray so that God won't crush them like bugs.
—Dr. Gregory House

Oil an emergency?! It's about time, Brigadier, that the leaders of this planet of yours realised that to remain dependent upon a mineral slime simply doesn't make sense.
—The Doctor "Terror Of The Zygons" (1975)
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

I both originated and support one year and continue to wholeheartedly endorse it..
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

Three months.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

1 year.

To elaborate - he will most likely have entered the final year of high school by then and people tend to mellow out by then.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

a year. Sorry but 3 months isnt enough time, not by a long shot.
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

I'll second (third? fourth?) a year, and suggest that we even consider eighteen months. By then, he ought to be at least halfway through senior year of high school, and getting ready to head to college.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Ozymandias
Lex Imperatos

Post by Ozymandias »

2 Years. End of story.

Why? He will likely be out of high school, and either gotten over his need to troll the board or has gotten over the board. His actions were easily enough to make most consider permanent banning and be done with it.

He was not worth this length of discussion over the noise to signal ratio he has engendered since the start of his posting.
Look upon my works and despair
Stuart
Sith Devotee

Post by Stuart »

I'll support the one-year exclusion. I'd also suggest that when he does re-enter, he be given a different user name to allow a fresh start.
Nations do not survive by setting examples for others
Nations survive by making examples of others
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

It has come to my attention that Colfax has been trying to get others to give them their login details. One such example can be found here.
Shroom Man 777 wrote:
Colfax on MSN wrote:legendm.1@netzero.com (E-mail address not verified) says:
would you mind if i were to use your login for lurking purposes
what a shit
Given that he clearly has no intention of shaping up despite stating so - and in fact has tried to subvert the ban already by illegal means - I think we should start a new permban vote immediately.

More info here.

I would have supported a temp-ban before, but now that he has tried to get others to help him subvert the temp-ban.....I think any lesson would just be lost on him.

Let's ban the little child and be done with it.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Thanas brought this up to me, and he's gone. No temp ban. He doesn't want to deal with the consequences of his responses and actions, he can get kicked out the door.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete