[Discussion] Epileptic Flash-imation?

Moderator: CmdrWilkens

Coyote
Rabid Monkey

[Discussion] Epileptic Flash-imation?

Post by Coyote »

I was asked by a Plebe about the animated flash-animation posted by Einy here-- Testing fun.

Neither myself nor the person who asked me about this has a problem with Einy or anything like that, but a question was brought up about any policy regarding such flashing animations-- are they potentially siezure-inducing among the epileptic (I myself don't know how much flashing/flickering there has to be for such), and do we/should we have a policy on such things for that reason?

Again-- this is not a complaint against Ein.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Flashing animation’s are fucking annoying, but if someone’s going to get a seizure from that kind of thing they’d be at risk all over the internet from flashing popups and other shit. With that in mind I don’t see seizures as a specific reason to ban them, and anyway any risk is pretty absurdly minimal.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

It just gives me headaches, and slows DL time to a craaaaawwwwwwlllll.

so I would just consider some limits on animated avs and sig pics...

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Links are fine, but it's pretty obnoxious to have something like a flashing animation appended to every single post someone's ever made.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.