Not right now, but maybe later
21%
Never
12%

Total votes: 34

Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

Ted C wrote:The Senate opinion seems fairly clear. Was any action ever taken on this issue?
Because we are still short a majority. We need 32, we have 20. Vote spam time.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Actually as a matter of pure numbers this would likely qualify as a Class B vote (3.A.II). Given that the rules give that a quorum to do business is 40% of eligible voters. There are currently 51 active votes which means a quorum is reached at 21 votes and there are currently (as of my writing this) 30. If a quorum is reached and 7 days have passed then the vote is decided by a simple majority (out of 30 votes this would be 16).

Right now "reinstate on probation" carries 20 votes which is enough to pass muster.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Wasabi or Dijion?

or did you mean bland american mustard....

I mean you said pass it and you know I can't resist a pun.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Ted C
Sith Marauder

Post by Ted C »

CmdrWilkens wrote:Actually as a matter of pure numbers this would likely qualify as a Class B vote (3.A.II).
Since this vote deals with a permaban (specifically, the lifting of one), I can easily see it being considered a Class A matter.
"This is supposed to be a happy occasion... Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who."
-- The King of Swamp Castle, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"Nothing of consequence happened today. " -- Diary of King George III, July 4, 1776

"This is not bad; this is a conspiracy to remove happiness from existence. It seeks to wrap its hedgehog hand around the still beating heart of the personification of good and squeeze until it is stilled."
-- Chuck Sonnenburg on Voyager's "Elogium"
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Ted C wrote:
CmdrWilkens wrote:Actually as a matter of pure numbers this would likely qualify as a Class B vote (3.A.II).
Since this vote deals with a permaban (specifically, the lifting of one), I can easily see it being considered a Class A matter.
Except that it isn't a permaban AND is a matter of advice of the Senate to DW which makes it a resolution.

That being said if it is a class A vte that requires a quorum of 50% (26 voters) and a 60% majority (18/30 votes) so the measure would pass anyway.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
AdmiralKanos
Lex Animata
Lex Animata

Post by AdmiralKanos »

Since the measure seems to have passed, despite the vote being technically informal, I have decided to go ahead and unban him. I'm sure that if he does something unacceptable, people will let me know.
For a time, I considered sparing your wretched little planet Cybertron.
But now, you shall witnesss ... its dismemberment!

"This is what happens when you use trivia napkins for research material"- Sea Skimmer on "Pearl Harbour".
"Do you work out? Your hands are so strong! Especially the right one!"- spoken to Bud Bundy