[Senate sub-committee on Famous Threads.]

Moderator: CmdrWilkens

The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

[Senate sub-committee on Famous Threads.]

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

It seems kind of lonely to see that Famous Threads forum up in N&P which has nothing in it, and it seems the Senate would be the logical body to take on determining what exactly constitutes a "famous" thread here, by the explanation categories provided. Should we work out the details of a volunteer sub-committee assigned with compiling a list of recommendations for the moderatorial staff to make final decisions on?
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Sure. I was actually kind of excited when I saw the subforum and a bit disappointed when nothing was in it. So in the interest of having something done, I second the motion.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

I think our efforts would be better placed to offer nominations within the offered thread and then push for their acceptance with the relevant Mods. Much as I love bureaucracy a sub-committe on famous threads is a bit much.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven