Quote about the Hirohito from a Japanese veteran

HIST: Discussions about the last 4000 years of history, give or take a few days.

Moderator: K. A. Pital

bobalot
Jedi Council Member

Quote about the Hirohito from a Japanese veteran

Post by bobalot »

I'm not sure where else I would post this. This forum seemed most appropriate.

I'm trying to hunt down a quote about the Emperor Hirohito by a Japanese soldier after the war which went something along the lines of "5 million men fought for the Emperor and he denies all responsibility?"

Do you know who said it?
"This statement, in its utterly clueless hubristic stupidity, cannot be improved upon. I merely quote it in admiration of its perfection." - Garibaldi

"Problem is, while the Germans have had many mea culpas and quite painfully dealt with their history, the South is still hellbent on painting themselves as the real victims. It gives them a special place in the history of assholes" - Covenant

"Over three million died fighting for the emperor, but when the war was over he pretended it was not his responsibility. What kind of man does that?'' - Saburo Sakai

Join SDN on Discord
Grandmaster Jogurt
Jedi Council Member

Re: Quote about the Hirohito from a Japanese veteran

Post by Grandmaster Jogurt »

According to the New York Times, it was Saburo Sakai.

The whole quote is, ''Over three million died fighting for the emperor, but when the war was over he pretended it was not his responsibility. What kind of man does that?''
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

IIRC Sea Skimmer used that quote in his sig at one point.
An inhabitant from the Island of Cars.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

He did.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED