Some interesting WWII pictures

HIST: Discussions about the last 4000 years of history, give or take a few days.

Moderator: K. A. Pital

Jade Falcon
Jedi Council Member

Some interesting WWII pictures

Post by Jade Falcon »

I first encountered this link at another site I go to. Unfortunately its been run through Google translate which makes some of the translation a bit..shall we say...rough

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... p%3D162462

A few of these pictures are very well known like the Warsaw Ghetto picture, number 8, and the Auschwitz liberation, number 27, but there are a fair few which are rarer. What struck me was the pictures of the children in military service, whether voluntary or not. These are near the end. As usual with this sort of thing, its best to totally disregard the user comments.
Don't Move you're surrounded by Armed Bastards - Gene Hunt's attempt at Diplomacy

I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own - Number 6

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.