Is spider man Gay?

SLAM: debunk creationism, pseudoscience, and superstitions. Discuss logic and morality.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

Straha
Lord of the Spam

Is spider man Gay?

Post by Straha »

Just ran across this, thought it was somewhat funny.

http://www2.b3ta.com/spidermanwillmakeyougay/
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Ha ha

No

Saw this last month

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

I am already gay :)
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Skelron
Jedi Master

Post by Skelron »

But hay he married a Model, MJ... he can't be Gay, he married MJ, and... well he married MJ, we don't need any more evidence, ever.

Now Captain America, I've never seen him with a Girlfriend... :wink:
EmperorMing
Sith Devotee

Post by EmperorMing »

He married a redhead. Enough said there. :D

Now if she was a Dom on the side, that is a different story... :shock:

DILLIGAF: Does It Look Like I Give A Fuck

Kill your God!
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

I've only ever seen the movie. MJ really wanted his cock at the end of the movie, and he turned her down. That's enough to raise my eyebrows.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
MGraham
Redshirt

Post by MGraham »

If SpiderMan as Toby McGuire was gay I think most gays would do a happy dance. He was HOT in that movie :D
EmperorMing
Sith Devotee

Post by EmperorMing »

Homos, bondage, costumes, well defined body. Yup, he's ghey!

DILLIGAF: Does It Look Like I Give A Fuck

Kill your God!
Cromag
Padawan Learner

Post by Cromag »

RedImperator wrote:I've only ever seen the movie. MJ really wanted his cock at the end of the movie, and he turned her down. That's enough to raise my eyebrows.
Ya know, Mr. Cranky advanced a similar theory. Let's look at the facts here about Spidey's career choices in the movie:

1. "I'll use my powers for profit!"

Result: Uncle Ben gets killed.

2. "Ok, that didn't work out too well. I'll use my powers to help people!"

Results: Villified in the press, Aunt May frightened nearly to death, lifelong love kidnapped and nearly killed, best friend's father gets killed fighting him, best friend ends up hating his alter ego and swearing revenge.

With that in mind, it's pretty easy to see why he didn't take MJ up on her offer.
I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, when he said, "I drank what?" -- Chris Knight, Real Genius
Skelron
Jedi Master

Post by Skelron »

RedImperator wrote:I've only ever seen the movie. MJ really wanted his cock at the end of the movie, and he turned her down. That's enough to raise my eyebrows.
Ahh the comics are a little different, for a start MJ is not his first Love. (Originally they had planned it too be GWen Stacy, but MJ was more popular) Gwen Stacy dies, Green Goblin pushes her off a Bridge. (God I can never remember the name is it the Brooklyn Bridge?) and Peter Screws up. He uses his Webing to catch her, the same way he'd do if it was him in that situation, only problem is, Gwen Stacy wasn't blessed with Spider like abilties, breaks her spine, and she dies.

After a long period of mourning he hooks up with MJ they get married, and it is a passionate marriage. (Well as Passionate as they can show in a Comic Code approved comic :wink: )

They go through the good times and the bad times, at the moment in amasing Spiderman they are seperated, but missing each other. (Amazing Spiderman, BUY IT, JMS writes it, Aunt May knows that Peter is Spiderman... and much much more)