The Stupidest Thing You've Ever Heard?

SLAM: debunk creationism, pseudoscience, and superstitions. Discuss logic and morality.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

XaLEv
Lore Monkey

Post by XaLEv »

Well that was sickening.
「かかっ―」
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Must ... resist ... urge ... to ... lynch ...
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

I like the "More to come..." he put at the bottom of the webpage. That just made my whole day... :lol:
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Wow talk about Contradicting yourself....

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Grand Admiral Chaos
Redshirt

Post by Grand Admiral Chaos »

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by A Big Flying Fish:

the whole of this website http://www.hom.net/~angels/atheism.html .
read it and be very, very afraid[/url]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The person/s who wrote this horseshit should be dragged into the street, raped by a large horse, placed into a burlap sack with hungry angry rats, beaten with a lead pipe, forced to eat shit, have their fingernails pulled out, be dragged by a very fast car over gravel, and their heart cut out with a dull spoon. And if they aren't dead, shoot them in the abdomen with a 9mm hollowpoint bullet.

People like this were behind the Spanish Inquisition.

Can anyone else see the contradiction in this?

Edit: Ok, so "irony" was not quite the best word to use. Sue me. :P
"Wear the grudge like a crown of negetivity. Calculate what we will or will not tolerate. Desparate to control all and everything. Unable to forgive your scarlet lettermen." - Tool (The Grudge)
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Edit: Ok, so "irony" was not quite the best word to use. Sue me
Hey Hey I'm in charge of Irony around here, Are you trying to operate Irony without a Licence?

I'm afriad I'm gonna have to write you up for this
(Bloody kids fresh out of school think they can just go whilly nilly using Irony, Damn fools I see more of the fools on the side of the road in ditchs every day)

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Grand Admiral Chaos
Redshirt

:lol: Well, I looked up the word to see if I had the correct meaning, and it was different from what I had learned before, so I changed it for the sake of my intelligence, if nothing else. :P
"Wear the grudge like a crown of negetivity. Calculate what we will or will not tolerate. Desparate to control all and everything. Unable to forgive your scarlet lettermen." - Tool (The Grudge)
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

I think it was somewhat ironic, Mr. Bean. The best word, though, would be hypocritical.

BTW, have you read the website? It's a riot!

[best imitation of psycho religious leader attending vocational school] "I don't stereotype people at all! I just happen to think that all atheists are bad people."

[other psycho, ultra-orthodox people in the background cheer]

"So true, brother. And God never intended for there to be black people, or people from any of those smurf-colored races.."

"No he didn't. Up with Al Qaeda."

[in all seriousness] I honestly forget, living in California (or, indeed, almost any part of the country), that people can be THAT biased against other people based on their religious affiliations. I don't think the guy should be tortured horribly, but I would stay WAAAAAYYYY away from him if I ever saw him walking down the street. After all, I am an Asian atheist.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

Mr. B
Jedi Knight

Post by Mr. B »

Mr B wrote:
quote:

The person/s who wrote this horseshit should be dragged into the street, raped by a large horse, placed into a burlap sack with hungry angry rats, beaten with a lead pipe, forced to eat shit, have their fingernails pulled out, be dragged by a very fast car over gravel, and their heart cut out with a dull spoon. And if they aren't dead, shoot them in the abdomen with a 9mm hollowpoint bullet.

People like this were behind the Spanish Inquisition.

Can anyone else see the contradiction in this?

Edit: Ok, so "irony" was not quite the best word to use. Sue me. :P

Reacting with violence to violence is a natural human emotion. Besides I was talking about the people who wrote the aforementioned horseshit. Can you blame me?
"I got so high last night I figured out how clouds work." - the miracle of marijuana

Legalize It!

Proud Member of the local 404 Professional Cynics Union.

"Every Revolution carries within it the seeds of its own destruction."-Dune
Grand Admiral Chaos
Redshirt

I know what you mean, and I don't necessarily blame you. However, you did contradict yourself by stating that people like him were behind the Spanish Inquisition, which would imply that you don't like the horrible acts commited over someone's ideals while advocating a similar fate for the person that wrote the horseshit because of his. That's all I'm pointing out. You don't have to accept what one says, but to hurt the person for it would be to commit an act of hatred no worse than what had been done by the people that judged and punished who they considered "heretics" in those times. Again, I conceed to your reacting by venting, but to incite or actually commit any act of physical harm against the person will not make you better than he is.
Mr. B
Jedi Knight

Post by Mr. B »

Grand Admiral Chaos wrote:I know what you mean, and I don't necessarily blame you. However, you did contradict yourself by stating that people like him were behind the Spanish Inquisition, which would imply that you don't like the horrible acts commited over someone's ideals while advocating a similar fate for the person that wrote the horseshit because of his. That's all I'm pointing out. You don't have to accept what one says, but to hurt the person for it would be to commit an act of hatred no worse than what had been done by the people that judged and punished who they considered "heretics" in those times. Again, I conceed to your reacting by venting, but to incite or actually commit any act of physical harm against the person will not make you better than he is.
Well as are all forum threats, it is an empty one. Maybe I was overreacting? I did read that entire page of horseshit.
"I got so high last night I figured out how clouds work." - the miracle of marijuana

Legalize It!

Mr. B
Jedi Knight

Post by Mr. B »

P.S. to GAC
i am going to see Tool Sept 4 in concert

SWEEEEEEEET

Legalize It!

Grand Admiral Chaos
Redshirt

I can understand your meaning, but I just thought that little detail was worth relaying.

Cool. I'm going to see them on the 27th. :D :: is suddenly reminded to get his Lateralus CD back ::
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

"Pile of horseshit"

Post by PeZook »

Ouch.
This whole article is an example of nearly every logical fallacy there is...
My brain nearly exploded after reading all that gibberish.
I was going to quote one of the stupidest things i've heard, but this is just enough to qualify
Friggin' fundamentalists.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Never met a Fundmetalist I wish I had not met :D
They annoy me terrible doth due to Glaring Flashing Logic Errors and also inabity to keep going if they are proven wrong on somthing(IE Ask to leave the room, walk away, Tell you to shut-up)

Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

I think someone needs a lobotamy :D *1950's advertisment music in background* <voice of Greg Proops(sp?)> Frontal Lobotomies for people too stupid to NEED a brain</voice of Greg Proops(sp?)>
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
John
Village Idiot

Stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Post by John »

Communism works.
Men and Women are exactly alike.
Democrats care about you.
Unions are for the workers.
How's that for a start?
Contrary to your humanist wishful thinking, Might ALWAYS makes Right.

Morality is the Moralist's excuse to mind YOUR business instead of his own.
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Communism works.
Men and Women are exactly alike.
Democrats care about you.
Unions are for the workers.
How's that for a start?

No, no it doesnt

No they arent, differnt but equal

Politicians care about no one but themeselves, but individual people do

I dont have personal experience with unions, but they where started for the workers, how they are now i dont know
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Depends on the Union :D

A few from me

Relax! Nothing can go wrong
I'll go first!
Lets Split up!
:D from the dumb things to say during a movie

David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

cheaters finish last.
Mr. B
Jedi Knight

just heard this

Post by Mr. B »

asking fundamentalist why it took god so many days to create everything.

answer: He couldn't do everything at once.

Think about this one for a minute.

Legalize It!

Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Then he isnt omnipotent! :twisted: Bwaha, Bwaha, Bwahahaha!

Ladysekhmet
Redshirt

The Stupidest Thing I've Ever Heard

Post by Ladysekhmet »

A few years ago I witnessed some fundamentalist stupidity that may well trump all other stories. I was in my neighborhood convenience store while an historical frontier days re-enactment was going on a few miles away. Some of the re-enactors were there buying stuff dressed as Sioux indian dancers. A couple ladies in the store actually stopped them to ask if they were in a cult. They explained that they were re-enactors and there was a Frontier Rendezvous down the street several times before it (hopefuly) sunk in. The kicker is that the neighborhood pagan and athiest (me and my then-fiancee) were able to buy our gas and drinks and leave unnoticed. Now if we had only been wearing our costumes..... :shock:
"I'm clone!! I am attacking you!!"
Mr. B
Jedi Knight

Post by Mr. B »

People are pretty stupid and superficial when faced with the unknown.

Legalize It!

Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Mr. B wrote:People are pretty stupid and superficial when faced with the unknown.
When faced with the unknown? They seem stupid and superficial to me ALL THE TIME!