Nuke question

SLAM: debunk creationism, pseudoscience, and superstitions. Discuss logic and morality.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

Colonel Olrik
The Spaminator

Post by Colonel Olrik »

DAMN YOU ALL!!

We pay 3x more for our fuel. And we earn less money too! No wonder american cars are big and hungry!
Anyway, just buy a VOLVO
Colonel Olrik
The Spaminator

Post by Colonel Olrik »

Make that 4x for Portugal, you bastards!

Oh well, we have manual gears. BRRRHPPPTTT :evil:
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Damn its 1.40 to 1.49 around here and thats at the cheapy places(course twenty miles away in another town its 1.18

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Robert Treder wrote:I pay about $16 US for eleven gallons (~$1.45/gallon). That works out to be about 38 US cents per litre, if I'm not mistaken.

At one point back in February, it was just about $1 for one gallon. That was pretty sweet.
$1.339/gal for 87 octane here in the Tampa Bay area.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

His Divine Shadow wrote:
Darth Wong wrote:Not to mention making gas prices soar. I drive a V-8, dammit! I need low gas prices!
Damn you!
I want to drive a V-8!
Esp. a 3rd gen. Corvette....
::does the happy dance::

My dad has a Ford Expedition with a V8 :)
phongn
Rebel Leader

Re: Nuke question

Post by phongn »

Sea Skimmer wrote:
Tsyroc wrote:Does anyone have any idea what would happen if a nuclear weapon was sunk deap into one of the Middle East oil fields and detonated?

I know that in the U.S. we've had coal fires where viens of coal were
burning even though they were under ground but would anything
like that happen with oil fields?

I keep picturing something sort of like the fire pits of Apokolips (DC Comics Reference) just not in scale.
Russia would be very happy;

Anyway, we'd be looking at one hell of a fire, and laser guided bombs wont be work very well for the invasion of a Iraq.
Bah. Saudi Arabia's oil pipeline network goes through one point, so we have no need for ground-penetrating nukes :twisted:
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

Damn you!
I want to drive a V-8!
Esp. a 3rd gen. Corvette....
Wait for the C6. 450HP stock, and the prototypes are already coming off the assembly line as mongooses (meaning that they'll kill a Viper in the quarter mile ... for a quarter of the price).

Also, the C6 will have no cam shaft. Everything the cam shaft used to do will be done electronically, which means that you can tweak the car even more.
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member
Location: Either ISD Nemesis, DSD Demeter or outside Coronet, Corellia, take your pick

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

Jesus Christ wrote:
RayCav of ASVS wrote:
Jesus Christ wrote: MK2 Jaguar Saloon, my son.
Is your name God (aka Lord Wong)? :P
My son, last I heard, Lord Wongs given name was Micheal and mine was Jesus 'walks on water' Christ. And as Lord Wong is a self confessed atheist, you comment is unfounded and illogical.
Concesstion accepted, my son.
Fuck you, Jesus

Nothing personal, just always wanted to say that :)
::sig removed because it STILL offended Kelly. Hey, it's not my fault that I thing Wedge is a::

Kelly: SHUT UP ALREADY!
Jesus Christ
INRI

Post by Jesus Christ »

RayCav of ASVS wrote:
Jesus Christ wrote:
RayCav of ASVS wrote: Is your name God (aka Lord Wong)? :P
My son, last I heard, Lord Wongs given name was Micheal and mine was Jesus 'walks on water' Christ. And as Lord Wong is a self confessed atheist, you comment is unfounded and illogical.
Concesstion accepted, my son.
Fuck you, Jesus

Nothing personal, just always wanted to say that :)
My forgiveness is infinate and is even more infinate when thy cheque clears.
Enlightenment
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Enlightenment »

Jesus Christ wrote: My forgiveness is infinate and is even more infinate when thy cheque clears.
Shut up or I'll nail you back on the cross.
It's not my place in life to make people happy. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to watch me slaughter cows you hold sacred. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to have your basic assumptions challenged. If you want bunnies in light, talk to someone else.
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

phongn wrote:
Sea Skimmer wrote:
Tsyroc wrote:Does anyone have any idea what would happen if a nuclear weapon was sunk deap into one of the Middle East oil fields and detonated?

I know that in the U.S. we've had coal fires where viens of coal were
burning even though they were under ground but would anything
like that happen with oil fields?

I keep picturing something sort of like the fire pits of Apokolips (DC Comics Reference) just not in scale.
Russia would be very happy;

Anyway, we'd be looking at one hell of a fire, and laser guided bombs wont be work very well for the invasion of a Iraq.
Bah. Saudi Arabia's oil pipeline network goes through one point, so we have no need for ground-penetrating nukes :twisted:
It took two bombs to knock out all of Kuwait's off shore loading points, and 3 IIRC to kill the pipelines inland. So a single B-2/B-1 should be able to wipe out The Saudi pipelines, torch anything docked at the gulf loading points and still have enough payload left for the needed five ground burst B-61s to kill the water supply…

That would be a fun mission to fly.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Jesus Christ
INRI

Post by Jesus Christ »

Enlightenment wrote:
Jesus Christ wrote: My forgiveness is infinate and is even more infinate when thy cheque clears.
Hath thou forgotten my son? I have risen from the dead, etc etc, next I return..as an avenger, smite the evildoers yada yada etc etc. No more crosses for me, my son.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Sea Skimmer wrote:
phongn wrote:
Sea Skimmer wrote: Russia would be very happy;

It took two bombs to knock out all of Kuwait's off shore loading points, and 3 IIRC to kill the pipelines inland. So a single B-2/B-1 should be able to wipe out The Saudi pipelines, torch anything docked at the gulf loading points and still have enough payload left for the needed five ground burst B-61s to kill the water supply…

That would be a fun mission to fly.
Well, you also need the various conventional strikes to kill the rest of their water supply (those five points are merely the most critical).

A B-52 loaded up with ACMs probably could do it.
RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member
Location: Either ISD Nemesis, DSD Demeter or outside Coronet, Corellia, take your pick

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

Jesus Christ wrote:
Enlightenment wrote:
Hath thou forgotten my son? I have risen from the dead, etc etc, next I return..as an avenger, smite the evildoers yada yada etc etc. No more crosses for me, my son.
1.) I am not your son

2) If I really am your son, where the fucking hell is my child support?
::sig removed because it STILL offended Kelly. Hey, it's not my fault that I thing Wedge is a::

Kelly: SHUT UP ALREADY!
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Jesus Christ wrote:
Enlightenment wrote:
Jesus Christ

Jewish holy man

Excecuted by Govenor Pilate

Roman date 783

anything I left out there?
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth