Some interesting sites (RE: Did we land on the moon?)

SLAM: debunk creationism, pseudoscience, and superstitions. Discuss logic and morality.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member
Location: Either ISD Nemesis, DSD Demeter or outside Coronet, Corellia, take your pick

Some interesting sites (RE: Did we land on the moon?)

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

http://www.aulis.com/

This site is run by David Percy. Before you actually read it, and before you actually think this guy's credible, I just want to say that I truly believe that this cook is the Graham Kennedy of the Astronomy world!

http://www.moonmovie.com/

This money-grubbing crackpot actually has a "send anonymous tips" section! Anybody willing to pool together with me and compile an e-mail to feed this guy the bullshit he wants?:D
::sig removed because it STILL offended Kelly. Hey, it's not my fault that I thing Wedge is a::

Kelly: SHUT UP ALREADY!
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

Of course we didn't go to the moon. By the way, I have a large fire breathing dragon in my garage.
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

USAF Ace wrote:Of course we didn't go to the moon. By the way, I have a large fire breathing dragon in my garage.
You still have yours? We had to send ours to the pound when he ate our truck. Fortunately, truck gnomes came during the night and replaced it with an identical copy, right down to the large dent I accidentily put into it backing into a "No Parking" sign (trying to parallel park).
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
TrailerParkJawa
Sith Acolyte

Post by TrailerParkJawa »

Hey anyone remember the movie about a faked Mars landing? Mabye we should send this guy the names the actors as secret agents who have been hiding the truth. I dont remember the name, began with a "C" I think. I was pretty young, it had OJ Simpson I think.

You still have yours? We had to send ours to the pound when he ate our truck. Fortunately, truck gnomes came during the night and replaced it with an identical copy, right down to the large dent I accidentily put into it backing into a "No Parking" sign (trying to parallel park)
They don't let us keep dragons in California. Something about them being a non-native invasive species.
SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

Websites acting as proponents for the Moon hoax notion? Pshaw. http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html
The Great and Malignant
Raxmei
Rabid Monkey

Post by Raxmei »

I'm looking for a certain website whose address I've lost. It makes fun of sites that claim the moon landing was faked. It has screenshots of some strange old science fiction film with an obviously faked moon, but ignores the massive errors in favor of the relatively trivial locations of the stars. Does anyone know this site?
Faram
Bastard Operator from Hell

Post by Faram »

TrailerParkJawa wrote:Hey anyone remember the movie about a faked Mars landing? Mabye we should send this guy the names the actors as secret agents who have been hiding the truth. I dont remember the name, began with a "C" I think. I was pretty young, it had OJ Simpson I think.
It's Capricorn One

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0077294

A really crappy movie and it has OJ in it so it's no wonder that the movie features murder and stuff
RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member
Location: Either ISD Nemesis, DSD Demeter or outside Coronet, Corellia, take your pick

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

SPOOFE wrote:Websites acting as proponents for the Moon hoax notion? Pshaw. http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html
You do realize I was mocking those sites, right?

You don't think I actually believe the hoax thing, right? :P
::sig removed because it STILL offended Kelly. Hey, it's not my fault that I thing Wedge is a::

Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

RayCav of ASVS wrote:You do realize I was mocking those sites, right?

You don't think I actually believe the hoax thing, right? :P
As soon as you compared the first author to Grahamn Kennedy, I knew you were kidding. You would have to really hate someone to compare his intellect to that of GK's.
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

You do realize I was mocking those sites, right?
'Course. You DO know that I was offering up the Bad Astronomy site for those other than yourself who would come to this thread based on its title pertaining to the Moon hoax, right?

In other words... "If you come across nutcases who believe in the Moon hoax, send 'em that way."
The Great and Malignant
Priesto
Fundamentalist Moron

Post by Priesto »

Insane people don't rule.Trying to make a quick buck like this doesn't rule either.ANyone know how the moon craft shot up into the air though? burst of some kind?It looked kind of strange.There's probably a simple explanation.
John 3:16
RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

Priesto wrote:Insane people don't rule.Trying to make a quick buck like this doesn't rule either.ANyone know how the moon craft shot up into the air though? burst of some kind?It looked kind of strange.There's probably a simple explanation.
At first I thought they just used pressureized gas, but they simply used a really weak rocket. Pressurized gas would make total sense to me though

NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

RayCav of ASVS wrote:
Priesto wrote:Insane people don't rule.Trying to make a quick buck like this doesn't rule either.ANyone know how the moon craft shot up into the air though? burst of some kind?It looked kind of strange.There's probably a simple explanation.
At first I thought they just used pressureized gas, but they simply used a really weak rocket. Pressurized gas would make total sense to me though
It would, but you might have problems wheras rockets are known to be reliable...
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

TrailerParkJawa wrote:
You still have yours? We had to send ours to the pound when he ate our truck. Fortunately, truck gnomes came during the night and replaced it with an identical copy, right down to the large dent I accidentily put into it backing into a "No Parking" sign (trying to parallel park)
They don't let us keep dragons in California. Something about them being a non-native invasive species.
You actually obey that law? I keep it in my backyard, and anyone who tries to take it away becomes lunch. Who needs dogs?
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia