An atheist vs. Ray Comfort at the HB pier

SLAM: debunk creationism, pseudoscience, and superstitions. Discuss logic and morality.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

wautd
Emperor's Hand

An atheist vs. Ray Comfort at the HB pier

Post by wautd »

Just to share

Link to youtube

Offcourse, Ray Comfort crashes and burns like always, but I also learned some good arguments from the atheist (eg. about washing hands) so it's quite an enjoyable watch.
Darth Onasi
Jedi Knight

Post by Darth Onasi »

"God says if you look at a woman and lust after her you have commited adultery with her."

Wow I'm a gigolo and I didn't even know it!
Zadius
Jedi Knight

Post by Zadius »

May I have some snake oil with my salvation, Mr. Comfort?

God, what a pathetic individual.
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

I'd take his money. I'd just lie about everything till he conceded I was good and handed over the money.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

Typical fundy. Just repeat the preaching in response to questions, even though it doesn't address the question.
"everytime a person is born the Earth weighs just a little more."--DMJ on StarTrek.com
"You see now you are using your thinking and that is not a good thing!" DMJay on StarTrek.com

"Watching Sarli argue with Vympel, Stas, Schatten and the others is as bizarre as the idea of the 40-year-old Virgin telling Hugh Hefner that Hef knows nothing about pussy, and that he is the expert."--Elfdart
Twoyboy
Jedi Knight

Post by Twoyboy »

Ray Comfort: The King of Circular Reasoning!

He always does this, every answer he gave had the underlying assumption that the Bible is correct about everything. He gave no independent answers that do not rely on the Bible being divinely inspired. It is easily one of the most blatant examples of circular reasoning I've ever seen.

He also did this with Kirk Cameron in their "Bibleless" debate with two atheists. They claimed to be able to argue God's existence without needing the Bible, and then structured their whole argument around the 10 commandments. :roll:
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
-Winston Churchhill

I think a part of my sanity has been lost throughout this whole experience. And some of my foreskin - My cheating work colleague at it again
Walsh
Padawan Learner

Post by Walsh »

Damn. After all these years he's still using the "you are not a good person" ad-hominem argument.

Does anyone else find it difficult to watch these atheist vs. theist videos? It's so fucking frustrating that I rarely watch through to the end. I mean, people actually cheered when Comfort said "look around at the blue sky and grass, etc", as if that proves the supernatural... New Zealand is a better place without him.
"I'd love to take part in a political debate with Americans where anybody who tries to bring up the Founding Fathers gets an electric shock to the nuts." - Darth Wong.

"If you are looking in the bible for a guide to living a compassionate and wise and humane life, well then frankly you've got more chance of finding a lap-dancing club in Mecca, or a virgin in a catholic orphanage" - Pat Condell
ANGELUS
Padawan Learner

Post by ANGELUS »

Walsh wrote:Does anyone else find it difficult to watch these atheist vs. theist videos? It's so fucking frustrating that I rarely watch through to the end. I mean, people actually cheered when Comfort said "look around at the blue sky and grass, etc", as if that proves the supernatural... New Zealand is a better place without him.
Someone on this forum once said that the worst part of been smart is realizing just how stupid general population really is.

The very tought that the Bible is wrong is totally unconceivable for this kind of peple, so when you ask for an explanation they will simply start quoting the Bible as if it was the absolute thruth because for them it really is... They are programmed from childhodd not to question anything the Bible says and to believe in it as an absolute thruth. That is why this moron keeps quoting the Bible as if it proves anything. Pretty anoying, but you start to ignore it after a while.

By the way, if you want to see this guy seriously screw up look in Youtube for the Banana Argument.
~ Some men just want to watch the world burn ~
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

ANGELUS wrote:Someone on this forum once said that the worst part of been smart is realizing just how stupid general population really is.
That would be me. Justforfun000 sigged it.
"everytime a person is born the Earth weighs just a little more."--DMJ on StarTrek.com
"You see now you are using your thinking and that is not a good thing!" DMJay on StarTrek.com

"Watching Sarli argue with Vympel, Stas, Schatten and the others is as bizarre as the idea of the 40-year-old Virgin telling Hugh Hefner that Hef knows nothing about pussy, and that he is the expert."--Elfdart
ANGELUS
Padawan Learner

Post by ANGELUS »

Darth Servo wrote:
ANGELUS wrote:Someone on this forum once said that the worst part of been smart is realizing just how stupid general population really is.
That would be me. Justforfun000 sigged it.
yeah... i remember now :wink:
~ Some men just want to watch the world burn ~
Cykeisme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Cykeisme »

Darth Onasi wrote:"God says if you look at a woman and lust after her you have commited adultery with her."
Sigh.. if only.. if only..
"..history has shown the best defense against heavy cavalry are pikemen, so aircraft should mount lances on their noses and fly in tight squares to fend off bombers". - RedImperator

"ha ha, raping puppies is FUN!" - Johonebesus

"It would just be Unicron with pew pew instead of nom nom". - Vendetta, explaining his justified disinterest in the idea of the movie Allspark affecting the Death Star
Zablorg
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zablorg »

"So why should I believe in your god instead of the thousand, million others out there?"

"Ok look, the first commandment says thou shall have no god but me!..."

It all comes back to that, doesn't it? :roll:
Jupiter Oak Evolution!
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

Yes, Zablorg, fundies invariably engage in circular logic. In other news, they're complete morons as well.

Stuart Mackey
Drunken Kiwi Editor of the ASVS Press

Post by Stuart Mackey »

Walsh wrote:snip... New Zealand is a better place without him.
My apologies for inflicting him apon the US or any other nation..where did we we go wrong?
Via money Europe could become political in five years" "... the current communities should be completed by a Finance Common Market which would lead us to European economic unity. Only then would ... the mutual commitments make it fairly easy to produce the political union which is the goal"

Jean Omer Marie Gabriel Monnet
--------------