Publius drawings (large)

View original artwork, poems, etc. that have been created by this forum's members.

Moderator: Beowulf

Publius
Jedi Council Member

Re: Publius drawings (large)

Post by Publius »

The book titles visible are Cthäat Aquadingen, Unaussprechliche Kulte, Necronomicon, Cultes de Goules, Liber Ivonis, and De Mysteriis Vermis (all occult literature from the Cthulhu mythos, with the Book of Eibon and Nameless Cults having made appearances in the Marvel Universe); the other two books visible are a collection of Darkhold parchments (native to the Marvel Universe) and the Necronomicon Ex Mortis (of The Evil Dead and Jason Goes to Hell infamy). This is an official portrait; the whole pose is carefully staged, and it is no accident that the curtain is drawn to reveal these titles. Doom has partially revealed some of the contents of his library to quietly remind the observer that he is a sorcerer as well as a king, and possesses some truly awful arcane weapons as well as his more conventional weapons of mass destruction.
God's in His Heaven, all's right with the world
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Ah, okay. I did not recognize the titles due to being unfamiliar with all of them.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Publius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Publius »

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

Publius, I wonder if you could do characters that featured in Hayao Miyazaki animated movies? Like Howl, Colonel Muska, No-Face, Pazu, Lupin the 3rd, Fujimoto, and the Laputa Robot?
'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...' - Dr. Evil

'Secondly, I don't see why "income inequality" is a bad thing. Poverty is not an injustice. There is no such thing as causes for poverty, only causes for wealth. Poverty is not a wrong, but taking money from those who have it to equalize incomes is basically theft, which is wrong.' - Typical Randroid

'I think it's gone a little bit wrong.' - The Doctor
Bellosh101
Youngling

Post by Bellosh101 »

You don't mind if I use your Sonic drawing as my avatar, do you Publius? I think your stuff is great.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

^I would not use the image until he has given you permission.

And even then, you should give him credit in your signature. Like this:

Avatar made by [link to Profile]Publius[/link]
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Publius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Publius »

Big Orange, this author is unfamiliar with Hayao Miyazaki's works (although the visual parallel between Lupin the 3rd and Cowboy Bebop has always been good for a chuckle).

Bellosh101, you may use the Sonic drawing as an avatar.
Publius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Publius »

Lieut. Mike Harrigan (Predator 2), Maj. "Dutch" Schaefer (Predator), Randolph Carter ("The Statement of Randolph Carter" et al.)

Saint Stephen

Saint Sebastian

Saint George

Adm. of the Fleet Ackbar, General HRH The Princess Leia of Alderaan, and Saint Joan of Arc

Lt Reginald Barclay, Capt. Rhett Butler (Gone with the Wind), Short Round, Daphne Blake (Scooby-Doo, and the Space Pope (Futurama)
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

You know, I always wondered how Daphne's related to the Comedian. :D
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Publius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Publius »

It may now be impossible to see Daphne as anything but a parallel Silk Spectre.

The Dude

Walter Sobchak and ADM Will Riker (of the anti-time future)

CDR Will Riker and LCDR Geordi LaForge

CAPT Jean-Luc Picard, A/ENS Wesley Crusher, and Hugh (formerly Third of Five)
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

I feel that Picard's face is too round and not long enough.

Nice Sobchak.
------------
------------
My LPs
Publius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Publius »

Colonel The Prince Andrei Nikolaevich Bolkonsky, commander of a regiment of mounted jägers (War and Peace)
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

*claps*

Wouldn't the cross be worn on the side of the buttons, though, not between them?
------------
------------
My LPs
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Thanas wrote:I feel that Picard's face is too round and not long enough.

Nice Sobchak.
I think he got Picard's nose and mouth right though.

Man, Publius. You are a man of such varied tastes. Comic book characters, historical figures, cartoons, man. What greatnesses. :D
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Publius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Publius »

1. Sunny Dey, M.D. (Scrubs)
2. Robert Neville (I Am Legend)

1. LT Tasha Yar (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
2. COL (Ret) John Matrix (Commando)
3. FADM Alynna Nechayev (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
4. Zed (Killing Zoe)
5. Wild Bill (G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero)

Cpt The Chevalier Grégoire de Fronsac (Brotherhood of the Wolf)

1. Barricade
2. Stretcher
3. Freefall
4. Psyche-Out
5. Airborne
6. Crazylegs
7. Chuckles
8. Recoil
9. Bullhorn
10. Lightfoot
11. Muskrat

His Abysmal Sublimity Screwtape TE BS, Under Secretary, Lowerarchy of Hell (The Screwtape Letters)
Publius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Publius »

Marshal of the Lodgings Alain Lausard, 5th Regiment of Dragoons (Bonaparte's Sons)

His Excellency The Most Reverend Giacomo in Vincoli, Catholicos Archbishop of Seleucia-Ctesiphon in partibus infidelibus

The so-called "Sunday Visitor," Giacomo in Vincoli spent the 1790s and 1800s as the reckless and daring "visitor apostolic" (i.e., papal spy and saboteur); as the Pope's chief agent in the Church's war against the tyrant Bonaparte, he fought and intrigued all across Europe and the Middle East, working with anyone who called Bonaparte enemy. During one particularly infamous episode, Vincoli, heavily drugged and nursing a broken arm, hid from French soldiers in a church --- only to find himself accidentally ordained a bishop in the process. To his great dismay, his master the Holy Father insists that he dress appropriately while in Rome.

In order to make himself as overtly un-clerical as possible, Vincoli wears as many of his secular decorations as he can, including a knighthood of the Military Maria-Theresia Order, the Cross of the Royal and Distinguished Order of Carlos III, the Order of St Anna, 4th Class, the Silver Cross of the Order Virtuti Militari, the Army Gold Cross ("Peninsular Cross") and Valiant Stormer badge, the Sacré-Cœur badge, and the chelengk, all seen here with his detested choir dress and biretta. In his right hand he holds the prized baton of a maréchal de l'Empire, which he stole as a trophy from Marshal de Groote in the Peninsular War.

Because all bishops -- even accidental ones -- are required to have a see, the Pope assigned Vincoli the purely titular see of Seleucia-Ctesiphon, to ensure that he would not be required to actually perform any episcopal functions. Notoriously sarcastical in manner, the Sunday Visitor rarely uses his proper title. Instead, on the rare occasion that he actually acknowledges his status, he claims to be "Archbishop of Paris in partibus infidelibus" (designating the whole of France as heathen territory).
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Great.

Bonaparte's Sons...could you elaborate on that one? Never heard of it.

Also:
Catholicos Archbishop of Seleucia-Ctesiphon
:?:
------------
------------
My LPs
Publius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Publius »

Bonaparte's Sons is the first of the Alain Lausard novels by Richard Howard. The series follows the career of a French dragoon sergeant who first saw combat at Montenotte in 1796 after Napoléon Bonaparte assumed command of the Armée d'Italie. He went on to be involved in the Egyptian campaign and the kidnapping of the Duc d'Enghien, among other of Bonaparte's schemes.

A catholicos is an Eastern prelate roughly between an archbishop and a patriarch. In this case, Vincoli has been assigned the purely titular see of Seleucia-Ctesiphon, formerly the Persian capital and the see of the Nestorian pontiff, the Patriarch of the East. As he is a Roman Catholic, he is therefore a Latin patriarch, without prejudice to the rights of any Eastern Rite prelate (such as, for example, the Patriarch of Babylon of the Chaldees). Despite being more or less honorary (in partibus infidelibus means "in infidel lands," and therefore without any real responsibilities), Vincoli's status as a catholicos lets him trump anybody but a cardinal in terms of ecclesiastical authority, and could therefore presumably leverage (i.e., buffalo) local Catholic officials and laymen in Spain, Italy, France, Austria, or Poland to assist in his anti-Bonaparte intrigues. The appointment essentially makes the most of his accidental ordination as a bishop.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Publius wrote:Bonaparte's Sons is the first of the Alain Lausard novels by Richard Howard. The series follows the career of a French dragoon sergeant who first saw combat at Montenotte in 1796 after Napoléon Bonaparte assumed command of the Armée d'Italie. He went on to be involved in the Egyptian campaign and the kidnapping of the Duc d'Enghien, among other of Bonaparte's schemes.
A catholicos is an Eastern prelate roughly between an archbishop and a patriarch. In this case, Vincoli has been assigned the purely titular see of Seleucia-Ctesiphon, formerly the Persian capital and the see of the Nestorian pontiff, the Patriarch of the East. As he is a Roman Catholic, he is therefore a Latin patriarch, without prejudice to the rights of any Eastern Rite prelate (such as, for example, the Patriarch of Babylon of the Chaldees). Despite being more or less honorary (in partibus infidelibus means "in infidel lands," and therefore without any real responsibilities),
Yeah, I know the latin meaning and the title, I wasn't sure whether this was an AH scenario where Seleucia actually still exists in physical form.
------------
------------
My LPs
Publius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Publius »

Ah. No, the idea was very much to ensure there was no way he would have any real responsibility as a bishop.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

How do you get accidentally ordained as a bishop?
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Publius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Publius »

The story of Esau and Jacob in Genesis establishes that a charism is transferred by the laying on of hands, and it is irrelevant if the person receiving it is the intended recipient. A validly ordained bishop can perform a valid ordination, whether or not the ordination is licit (or even intentional). Vincoli was heavily drugged and hid from French soldiers in a church; hilarity ensued.
Publius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Publius »

1. The Janitor of Sacred Heart Hospital (Scrubs)
2. Lady Jaye (G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero)
3. Flint (G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero)
4. Raziel (Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver)

1. Charlie (Charlie the Unicorn)
2. Nikita (La Femme Nikita

Jack Crow (Vampire$, by way of John Carpenter's Vampires)
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

Your work is amazing. Have you ever done a sketch of the Scarlet Pimpernel?
XXXI
Publius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Publius »

The Scarlet Pimpernel is in a group shot on page 1 of this thread.