STGOD 2020 Concept/Planning Thread

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Re: STGOD 2020 Concept/Planning Thread

Post by Rogue 9 »

The rules as written don't consider negative ship specializations, just negative nation characteristics. That said, the base hyperdrive capacity is 1 (flat), so at most you could take -1 on a ship before you're unable to jump.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

Gonna link to my Orbat google doc for now as I build it...

Will put up in the OoB thread when I get done.

ORBAT
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Okay, I had originally rolled the Shroomian Pandemonium for hex 1007, but that's equidistant right between Nashtar, the Khemplari, and the Theophanian Empire with only one hex between it and each, and that quadrant is already way too busy. :lol: Rolled again; you're Endeavour's neighbor. Unless you want to drop 50 points on the Barbarian tag so you can be further out; if so let me know. :)
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

I definitely want to drop points to be pretty far out. I'm gonna do some really funky stuff with my nation building so put me way outside.
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Okay, will change it. Using your original rolls, that puts you up in the northwest corner.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

would anyone mind if I start a pre game RP Thread?
I... well, I feel things starting to drag because I know we are waiting on certain peeps..
I figure for those of us ready we can start up Story stuff that doesn't directly effect larger things, just to get the ball moving and get some activity under way
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
VX-145
Padawan Learner

Post by VX-145 »

I have no problem with that, personally.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Might be dead, but

Tentatively working on a star nation called the Chesapeake-Fremont-Anadolu Co-Dominion, or simply the CoDominion. Mostly Human with Xenos native to Anadolu who have adopted the designation "Anatolians". Federal Monarchy that runs somewhat more centralized.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Not dead, just waiting on some OOBs to trickle in. I'm about done with the map barring new entries; the only thing I have left to place is Beowulf because I'm not sure if he spent nation points on an outsider tag, which affects placement.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Rogue 9 wrote: 2020-11-17 10:20pm Not dead, just waiting on some OOBs to trickle in. I'm about done with the map barring new entries; the only thing I have left to place is Beowulf because I'm not sure if he spent nation points on an outsider tag, which affects placement.
Sorry. I was distracted at work for a while.

Yes, outsider tag.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

After some hemming and hawing over in the OOC thread, I guess this is where I go to officially throw my hat in the ring. The Holy Empire of Haruhi Suzumiya lives once more.

While I have an OOB all ready to go, before I finalize the fluff to go with it, I have a question regarding just how flexible the Extragalactic/Extradimensional modifier is. Part of the concept I have for this iteration of the Holy Empire is that while most of its citizens are biologically indistinguishable from the humans of this game's universe, they're also victims of a dimensional cataclysm that tore them from their home universe and caused them to wind up here. They're lost, and they have no frame of reference for the strange new universe they're now in. Would Extradimensional apply fully in this circumstance, or would they merely be Barbarians on account of being humans with a weird culture? They're not as utterly alien as the Tsaj, but they're still weirder than Endeavour could hope to be. Again, interdimensional refugees.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
VX-145
Padawan Learner

Post by VX-145 »

I don't see a reason why you couldn't take the tag; IMO it depends on how much you want to lean into being outside the norm and/or difficult for other polities to talk to in the RP. This is, incidentally, one of the reasons I didn't take an outsider tag; Endeavour's a little weird, but easy to approach and shares the same origin as several other polities. That, and I wanted the points for other things.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Fluff it however you want; the points are yours to spend as you will.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!