Star Trek - Starborn

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Re: Star Trek - Starborn

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

Spoiler
Our time zone rocks. We set the clocks for a loooong time.
EDIT: Fixed tags
Last edited by Eternal_Freedom on 2011-08-04 03:23pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
HMS Sophia
Jedi Master

Post by HMS Sophia »

Spoiler
Yeah, but it's crap for PBP's with Americans... Also, you done fucked up your spoiler tags
"Seriously though, every time I see something like this I think 'Ooo, I'm living in the future'. Unfortunately it increasingly looks like it's going to be a cyberpunkish dystopia, where the poor eat recycled shit and the rich eat the poor." Evilsoup, on the future

StarGazer, an experiment in RPG creation
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Spoiler
Yeah, I'm just waiting on the GM here, since I have no one to interact with.
Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

Sorry fax, had to get the rules out of the way. Though it would help if there were more people interested. Oh well.

The barkeep is less than thrilled to see your face again, and you argue with him for a bit over the exact tab. You can't pay it off, though you buy a drink for the commander. When you turn around the LT Commander is right there. Commander Lupin starts talking.

"I hear you have a little money issue. Do you need a job? I'm, or rather the Starborn's Captain is looking for someone who might be knowledgeable on the trade route."

You can tell that the Lt Commander is peeved at taking orders to hire someone for the captain. It's her station and she shouldn't be playing fetch for any old geezer who wanders in.

<If you say yes join her in the lift to the briefing. Otherwise ...?>
the engines cannae take any more cap'n
warp 9 to shroomland ~Dalton
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

"Wait, how does that work? I'm a civilian, not a Starfleet officer. Next you'll tell me that some son of a Starfleet officer can take a post without joining or something."
Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

FaxModem1 wrote:"Wait, how does that work? I'm a civilian, not a Starfleet officer. Next you'll tell me that some son of a Starfleet officer can take a post without joining or something."
"Nah, this isn't a job in star fleet, it's a job for star fleet. You'd be working as a contracted adviser for the short period that the Starborn's captain requires. If you want to hear some more, it's really Captain Harley's job to tell you not mine. Come on up if you are simply interested. Not many of the others are even interested."
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

"Sure, why not. Might as well see what the Captain has to say."
HMS Sophia
Jedi Master

Post by HMS Sophia »

Spoiler
So... anything happening?
"Seriously though, every time I see something like this I think 'Ooo, I'm living in the future'. Unfortunately it increasingly looks like it's going to be a cyberpunkish dystopia, where the poor eat recycled shit and the rich eat the poor." Evilsoup, on the future

Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

Sorry been rather busy, and not feeling well. I hope to have the (long) briefing done so that you guys can start doing things.
HMS Sophia
Jedi Master

Post by HMS Sophia »

Agent Sorchus wrote:Sorry been rather busy, and not feeling well. I hope to have the (long) briefing done so that you guys can start doing things.
Sorry :p don't mean to be a nag :)

Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

barnest2 wrote:
Agent Sorchus wrote:Sorry been rather busy, and not feeling well. I hope to have the (long) briefing done so that you guys can start doing things.
Sorry :p don't mean to be a nag :)
No I totally get it, I should've givin' some warning that the last couple of days have been less than good for me. Especially since I've posted elsewhere on the forum. Unfair of me really.
HMS Sophia
Jedi Master

Post by HMS Sophia »

Agent Sorchus wrote: No I totally get it, I should've givin' some warning that the last couple of days have been less than good for me. Especially since I've posted elsewhere on the forum. Unfair of me really.
I cant say I noticed :D I just thought you had dropped of the planet

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Chuck Woods was curious and hopeful about the briefing, it was possibly going to be a nice profit. He adjusted himself, his Ferengi phaser could come out if needed.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Agent Sorchus wrote:No I totally get it, I should've givin' some warning that the last couple of days have been less than good for me. Especially since I've posted elsewhere on the forum. Unfair of me really.
Take as much time as you need man. Get whatever you need to sort out sorted.
Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

INCOMING, Watch this space. I will edit it in when I am done with the post.

The upper decks were fairly uniform and done up in neo-exploratory 2350's style. Occasionally the utility of open plasma conduits and maintenance hatches sprouted along the corridor. Lt Black was looking fairly anxious, with nervous glances in all directions. You can only imagine what is wrong with him.

The briefing hall was pretty large, though you can see that the command deck for the station was also pretty small, even for a Lt Commander's command. Captain Harley and Egbert were talking in the corner, passing a suspicious flask back and forth. A couple other ship mates and fellow temp senior active personal were sitting about. You can see no evidence of station personal, and besides Captain Egbert of the Concepcion only his second in command was present.

Obviously you are waiting for someone else to show up.

<PAUSE>

{Fax}

Lt Cmmd Lupin's irritation certainly doesn't go away on the long lift ride. If anything her irritation grows, although it seems to be dirrected at a di9fferent source. For a moment your paronoia tells you she is irritated with you, but your reason quickly points out that she doesn't know you yet so she can't be irritated with you specifically.

Either way it isn't your first trip up into the SF part of the station. The first time was short though, since all you were there for was to sign the paperwork as a witness for the Reverend and Doctor's wedding. This time it is obvious that the station is undermanned, and most likely still pulling work helping the crippled Starborn.

You enter into the hall. The largest little group of officers is still walking about to find their seats. You're fairly certain that lady Lupin is swearing a little under her breath as she watches them.

Once everyone is seated the two oldest officers take the podium.

"As most of you present know the Starborn has been host to a crippling disease. Treatment of the infected is on going, and happily enough very few people have died yet. Unfortunately it looks to be very tenacious. We think we have connected this to the refugee ship that my ship assisted in the last month."

"The Concepcion is in the territory to investigate a war further down and out along the trade route. We believe that this war is the same thing that drove the refugees out of their space."

"We think it reasonable that their might be a more information about the disease out there in the war torn region, and since we are having no luck with it as it is we are planning on filling the Starborn to a minimum crew with some of the crew from the Concepcion so that both ships can head out to investigate. We will also leave additional crew at the station to take care of the infected until we return or a relief ship shows up. We also intend to hire some local traders to help us in our search for a cure."

"Any questions?"

<Fax this is the first time you've heard of war, mostly because you haven't been out of the station in a while.>
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

"Wait, what war? What are you talking about?"
Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

FaxModem1 wrote:"Wait, what war? What are you talking about?"
"We've had the barest of rumors about it that have been somewhat suppressed. Still, I am kinda surprised you haven't heard them. It is a two week trip at warp 7 out to the suspect region. The Republic of Thalys has contacted the Federation and is going to be our first stop. The Concepcion will be first to arrive, with the Starborn not to far behind mostly to allow the crew to get settled in."

<The Republic of Thalys is a minor alien government that has had good contacts with it's neighbors on the trade route. Even still the Federation doesn't make it a policy to bother with the minor entities out here since they are pretty far from star fleets traditional enemies. Thalys people harbor a fair number of Telepaths.>
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Chuck Woods got a greedy look in his eyes, which he quickly hid away.

"In that case, I want triple hazard pay, and for it to be sent in advance to this account." He presented a datapad which had the necessary info. "After all, if a civilian contractor got killed doing a Starfleet officer's job, people might wonder why Starfleet couldn't get their own people to do it. And we know that right now, I'm the only available pilot in the area, and we all want this disease cured as fast as possible. Besides, it will show that Starfleet is helping assist local businesses in the area and is doing what it can to improve the lives of the local populace."

He gives a small smile, to appear friendly, and not obnoxious, because they were all friends here.
HMS Sophia
Jedi Master

Post by HMS Sophia »

Monique's lip curls as she listens to the civilian her disgust at his greed obvious on her face. She looks around at the other junior officer in her room and makes a face as if to say *can you believe this?*

Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

John's face quiet clearly says he can't believe it either. And in his mind, a rather hefty desire to bunch the leering git in the face is growing.

"Sir, do we know what this war is about as yet? Or even who started it and who's winning?"
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Chuck eyed the two officers giving him scathing looks. Typical Starfleet, he thought, Money is bad, and so is everyone trying to get it.

Little did they know what the money was for.
Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

FaxModem1 wrote:Chuck Woods got a greedy look in his eyes, which he quickly hid away.

"In that case, I want triple hazard pay, and for it to be sent in advance to this account." He presented a datapad which had the necessary info. "After all, if a civilian contractor got killed doing a Starfleet officer's job, people might wonder why Starfleet couldn't get their own people to do it. And we know that right now, I'm the only available pilot in the area, and we all want this disease cured as fast as possible. Besides, it will show that Starfleet is helping assist local businesses in the area and is doing what it can to improve the lives of the local populace."

He gives a small smile, to appear friendly, and not obnoxious, because they were all friends here.
We can certainly pay a retainer fee, say upfront payment based on time spent just traveling there and back at normal pay scale. As for hazard pay we can offer hazard only once we confirm hostilities. Danger pay of 1.5 while at warp or out of system and double while in these other situations, unless the government of the system is confirmed as uninvolved. Best I think we can do on short order.
Eternal_Freedom wrote:John's face quiet clearly says he can't believe it either. And in his mind, a rather hefty desire to bunch the leering git in the face is growing.

"Sir, do we know what this war is about as yet? Or even who started it and who's winning?"
"Best we can say is that the combatants are not likely to be any more than locals, and the other major powers have nothing to do with this.

Any other questions? If not you have at least the next 24 hours while the relief crew makes the transfer and the off loading of the sick finishes."

{I'll try and be better at updating this. But last week was massively bad for me. The future is looking a little up though.}
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Chuck contemplates, and since the triple pay was mostly a bluff to see if Starfleet would go for it, he nods and reaches out his hand, and he still got more than he was hoping for.

"Deal. Now that that's out of the way. How fast can we do this? I don't want anyone to die because we're too slow or under-supplied."
Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

FaxModem1 wrote:Chuck contemplates, and since the triple pay was mostly a bluff to see if Starfleet would go for it, he nods and reaches out his hand, and he still got more than he was hoping for.

"Deal. Now that that's out of the way. How fast can we do this? I don't want anyone to die because we're too slow or under-supplied."
Fast enough, but our biggest safety is that both the Conception and the Starborn will be going out there. While this isn't an armada it will do for us keeping out of trouble."

"As for supplies, the Conception has plenty, they were planning for this mission anyway. And the Starborn is mostly missing medical supplies, you have plenty of everything else for a long patrol."
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

"Okay, I'll grab my cat and we can go."