SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread I

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Steve
Emperor's Hand

Re: SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread I

Post by Steve »

That sucks, hope things clear up for you.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

My sympathies, Coyote, and darn.
Stas Bush wrote:Damn, the Commune's plans unravel. Nevermind.
At the rate game time is progressing, this just means the Commune's plans become long range plans; you can hardly expect an international alliance to be forged in less than a few months in-game. The Centrals will be sitting down and mulling over your offer, but they're certainly going to want to get a better feel for the region as a whole before they sign a mutual defense pact with you.

Speaking for myself, I just had the first lot of custom-made parts arrive for the instrument I've been designing over the past several months, which means my daytime activity will drop dramatically, but I can stay in the game.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Simon_Jester wrote:My sympathies, Coyote, and darn.
Stas Bush wrote:Damn, the Commune's plans unravel. Nevermind.
At the rate game time is progressing, this just means the Commune's plans become long range plans; you can hardly expect an international alliance to be forged in less than a few months in-game. The Centrals will be sitting down and mulling over your offer, but they're certainly going to want to get a better feel for the region as a whole before they sign a mutual defense pact with you.

Speaking for myself, I just had the first lot of custom-made parts arrive for the instrument I've been designing over the past several months, which means my daytime activity will drop dramatically, but I can stay in the game.
No, don't really mind long-term plans. But if Coyote bulks out, that means no exploration in his corner of space! :angelic:
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Well, I will be able to do stuff on weekends and after work, but my time in those realm is severely limited. For 4 years I had a very lenient work place, but I suppose with the economy the way it is bosses feel they can treat employees like rowers on a Roman war galley because no one will leave.

I really wanted to get into my personal stories in an interactive way (instead of just writing my own fics) but for the time being I'll have to be minimum activity at best.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

PeZook wrote:Does it mean the Monolith will have to blast its way into your territory? :D
I'll work with you via PM on my off-hours to do something with that; in the end I can mostly just provide some details and dialogue for my people and you can do the post.. if that works for you. Let me know what they're coming to collect, what they'll do, etc, and we can have something ready in time.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Who the hell is Koffee?
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Same question I was thinking.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Koffee, I don't mind late arrivals to the show. I really don't, so long as they get their shit in order before making their post.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Hm? What's particularly disorderly about Koffee's shit?
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Hm? What's particularly disorderly about Koffee's shit?

He has two posts to his credit and has done zero interaction with us. That he has suddenly jumped in out of nowhere is kinda offputting.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

*glances at Wiki" Koffee used to be Silence?
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Was he ever even registered here before?
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Lonestar wrote:
Shroom Man 777 wrote:Hm? What's particularly disorderly about Koffee's shit?
He has two posts to his credit and has done zero interaction with us. That he has suddenly jumped in out of nowhere is kinda offputting.
Yeah, I get that (I mean, who the fuck is this guy :P). But it's not like he's doing anything particularly bad, rite?
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

I'm not entirely sure what he was supposed to do beyond what he did, so I don't particularly care for the sudden drama about it.

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Shroom Man 777 wrote: Yeah, I get that (I mean, who the fuck is this guy :P). But it's not like he's doing anything particularly bad, rite?
Listen man, you don't understand my mentality. I'm 28 and I already enjoy shaking my walking stick at the damn kids on my lawn.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Get an M1 Garand in case of unruly young Asian immigrants.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Shroom, you're the most unruly Asian any of us knows, and you have a small arsenal of automatic weapons. A Garand is not nearly enough firepower.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Mang, I was referencing Gran Torino. :P

Then Clint Loinstar can take me in and tell me to fix houses and mow the lawn and shit. :D
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:
Then Clint Loinstar can take me in and tell me to fix houses and mow the lawn and shit. :D
The way you do that is to hire Hispanic immigrants of dubious legality.

What?

I'm from Texas.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Lonestar wrote: The way you do that is to hire Hispanic immigrants of dubious legality.
You forgot the bit where you later go to a tea party and complain about illegal immigration.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

PeZook wrote:
You forgot the bit where you later go to a tea party and complain about illegal immigration.
Man I don't do that.

BIG GUV'MENT pays me twice the median household income. :D
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Or as Shep calls it "beautiful, beautiful blood money".
Koffee
Redshirt

Post by Koffee »

Uhm sorry for not being more talkative, I had nothing really interesting to say in this commentary thread from time I registered to the time I just posted. I suppose if you want a paper trail, you could check the known as Silence at SB, and IIRC Lonestar ran across me if he was the same Lonestar at the apolyton forums way back when.

As for my cred and such, I was the dude who started if not ran the original thread that lead the creation of TGG universe, and stuff from there of Lisea, Devenshire, and New Plymouth originally were mine.
The Admiral: A game of chess, my dear.
The Woman: I don't play.
The Admiral: You should learn. We're all pawns, my dear.
- The Prisoner
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Were you in that "Beyond Alpha Centauri" game on Apolyton?
Koffee
Redshirt

Post by Koffee »

That'd be me, though I would be saying my posting has improved since then.
The Admiral: A game of chess, my dear.
The Woman: I don't play.
The Admiral: You should learn. We're all pawns, my dear.
- The Prisoner