14%

Total votes: 14

Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Re: Star Trek/Star Wars STGOD?

Post by Master_Baerne »

Right: Presenting Baerne's Official OOB, Mk. II

Star Empire of Manticore
The Star Empire of Manticore is the result of one man's vision, competence, and drive. This man is Emperor James I, formerly a Line Captain in the Imperial Navy. After the Emperor was reborn, he quickly took his Star Destroyer to Byss, where he re-joined Imperial operations, serving as a commodore at 2nd Coruscant. After the New Republic and Empire destroyed each other, he rallied several ships and vowed to create a new Empire from the ashes of the old, a dream the planetary governors of Carida and Bilbringi signed on with as soon as his nascent fleet appeared in orbit. Thyferra and Axum likewise joined, though not under threat of bombardment, and the security and increased living standards provided for subjects of the Star Empire has smoothed the ruffled feathers left by the Empire's initial formation.

4 Planets:
1 Homeworld: - Thyferra
3 Major Worlds: - Carida, Bilbringi, Axum
1800 Points

Heavy Combatants:
1 Allegiance Command SD: 15 - 15
8 Imperial-II SD: 12 - 96
16 Victory-II SD: 8 - 128
6 Venator SD: 10 - 60
SUBTOTAL: 284
TOTAL: 284

Medium Combatants:
2 Interdictor Cruiser: 5 - 10
30 Vindicator Cruiser: 5 - 150
30 Strike Cruisers: 4 - 120
30 Dreadnoughts: 4 - 120
SUBTOTAL: 400
TOTAL: 684

Light Combatants:
100 Nebulon-B Frigates: 3 - 300
50 Lancer Frigates: 3 - 150
100 CR-90 Corvettes: 2 - 200
100 Corellian Gunships: 2 - 200
SUBTOTAL: 850
TOTAL: 1534

Fixed Defenses:
10 Golan-III Stations: 14 - 140
10 Golan-II Stations: 12 - 120
6 TIE Defender Squadrons: 1 - 6
12 TIE Interceptor Wings
12 TIE Bomber Wings
SUBTOTAL: 266
TOTAL: 1800
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

How exactly do you purchase star fighters exactly? That's not something I'm %100 on. Also, do ships you buy come with a fighter complement?

I should also have a planet list and general history and name for my faction up sometime on Sunday.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Sorry to say, I've been rather fucking busy, and likely to remain so till the end of the month :( . That said, if no one objects, I will put up a proper OOB thread tomorrow night. We do still, ideally, need a map maker however.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Shady, I think Thanas claimed Foerost. If you want a shipyard world, I would suggest Rendili or Ord Trasi.

I have after much consideration, decided to round up my design as such:
  • Kuat* (Homeworld) - 600 points
  • Akios* (Major World), Monadin system - 400 points
  • Rothana (Major World), Rothana system - 400 points
  • Gyndine (Major World), Gyndine system - 400 points
Total: 1800 points

I will figure the ships later. Likely lots of Imperator MK IIs and above. BTW, what were the specs for the Imperator MK IIIs and so forth?
Last edited by Fingolfin_Noldor on 2009-05-09 11:04pm, edited 1 time in total.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Raj Ahten wrote:How exactly do you purchase star fighters exactly? That's not something I'm %100 on. Also, do ships you buy come with a fighter complement?
I can't believe I forgot to ask that myself. It would really help to know if my ships come with fighters. To simplify it I say yes, but only as long as its the "standard" fighter compliment.
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

I'm guessing that ships come with bog-standard fighter complements, and that you can upgrade - Coyote said that one of his modified designs in the Spacebattles STGOD had better fighters as one of it's upgrades.
Conversion Table:

Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Is it alright we come up with fighters with equivalent performance and thus same points? I can't be some Emperor of Kuat and using Seinar Flight Systems TIE series unless I own the company. :P
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:Is it alright we come up with fighters with equivalent performance and thus same points? I can't be some Emperor of Kuat and using Seinar Flight Systems TIE series unless I own the company. :P
Well, you could just handwave it as having a contract with Seinar. But as the rules currently stand (and as far as I understand them), if you're using Imperial units then you'd have access to all Imperial ships, even those manufactured by other companies.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

The Romulan Republic wrote:
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:Is it alright we come up with fighters with equivalent performance and thus same points? I can't be some Emperor of Kuat and using Seinar Flight Systems TIE series unless I own the company. :P
Well, you could just handwave it as having a contract with Seinar. But as the rules currently stand (and as far as I understand them), if you're using Imperial units then you'd have access to all Imperial ships, even those manufactured by other companies.
Well, Kuat Systems Engineering do starfighters like the Jedi Starfighters, but the TIEs were more popular.

Maybe I will do corporate espionage and create a pseudo-TIE Defender. :lol:
Kreia
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Fondor [homeworld]: 600 pts
Abregado-rae [major world]: 400 pts
Tallaan [average world]: 200 pts
Kiffu [minor world]: 100 pts
Mrlsst [minor world: 100 pts
Yag'Dhul [minor world]: 100 pts
Sacorria [minor world]: 100 pts
New Plympto [minor world]: 100 pts
Kiffex [colony]: 50 pts
Phu [colony]: 50 pts
TOTAL VALUE: 1800 PTS

I'll figure out a faction name and a ship inventory later.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

So a few more questions:

1. I noticed in the list the Corona frigate, which is derived from the Nebulon-B, is in the NR list. Why not put it on the Imperial list as well? KDY does business with everyone.

2. What is a TIE Reaper anyway?
Kreia
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:Shady, I think Thanas claimed Foerost. If you want a shipyard world, I would suggest Rendili or Ord Trasi.
Yeah, he did. I'll take Ord Trasi instead.

Koros Major(Empress Teta)---Homeworld(600Points)
Balmorra---Major World(400Points)
Metellos---Major World(400Points)
Tython---Average World(200 Points)
Ord Trasi---Average World(200 Points)

Total 1800 Points

Now I need to find some time to work on my OOB and write up my Empire .
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

So just to make sure I've got everything right before I put it up as the official rules in the OOB thread:

Rules:

We're using Coyote's rules with the following modifications:

1-The "police ship" catagory is removed.

2-Players can choose to build less than ten shipyards to start with.

3-Times in-game will be left somewhat vague as far as role-playing battles and diplomacy and such, but we will keep to the time scale in Coyote's rules for research and construction.

4-Factions are not required to have all their worlds near each other, but it is preferable for the sake of whoever (if anyone) takes the position of map maker.

5-New worlds, ships, etc must be submitted to a mod for approval (To be frank I'd rather just allow players to come up with whatever so long as it isn't too unreasonable, but if it is, it can just be vetoed).

Questions still to be answered:

1-Do ships/stations/etc come with a standard fighter/vehicle/troop compliment? Also, should a player wish to customize this, how would that be handled in terms of time/cost?

2-How are Starfighters purchased?

Have I missed anything?
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

The Romulan Republic wrote:We're using Coyote's rules with the following modifications:

1-The "police ship" catagory is removed.

2-Players can choose to build less than ten shipyards to start with.

3-Times in-game will be left somewhat vague as far as role-playing battles and diplomacy and such, but we will keep to the time scale in Coyote's rules for research and construction.

4-Factions are not required to have all their worlds near each other, but it is preferable for the sake of whoever (if anyone) takes the position of map maker.

5-New worlds, ships, etc must be submitted to a mod for approval (To be frank I'd rather just allow players to come up with whatever so long as it isn't too unreasonable, but if it is, it can just be vetoed).
Works for me.
1-Do ships/stations/etc come with a standard fighter/vehicle/troop compliment? Also, should a player wish to customize this, how would that be handled in terms of time/cost?
I say Yes. There is no need to complicate things. For example if a ship is expected to have fighters, then it has fighters. As for customization, I have no problem with that being done. Perhaps it can take some time?
2-How are Starfighters purchased?
In Squadrons? If you want special ones, but if it's the standard TIE's; then I think they should come with the ships/stations they launch from, no additional price in points.
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

The only thing about a standard fighter complement is how do you determine what that is for things like New Republic designs that can carry virtually anything; and there is a big difference between having bombers like the B-wing or interceptors like the A-Wing. For Star Destroyers this is a lot easier though. I'm mainly concerned about this because I intend for my faction to start with an unholy bastardized TO&E with ships from all over the place with a heavy amount of reactivated CIS gear. On the fighter front I intend to mix droid fighters in with whatever the various mercenaries and so forth are using.

The easiest work around is to have people declare in general what their fighter complements look like and let that stand as long as its not ridiculous.
Last edited by Raj Ahten on 2009-05-10 09:55am, edited 1 time in total.
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

I propose the following:

Imperial ships come with their standard TIE complements, and cannot carry other fighters unless modified. (Those ceiling launch rails don't work for other designs)

Republic and Independent ships, on the other hand, come with their standard complements OR an equal number of roughly equivalent fighters. Bombers, to represent their greater size and cost, are only available in exchange for two interceptors/SSFs, and vice versa.

CIS ships also have open hangars, but do not carry supplies of oxygen or other consumables for living pilots, not to mention crew quarters, unless specifically stated to be modified. Since this would not be a very expensive modification, ships may begin the game so altered.

In short: Imperial ships carry Imperial fighters, NR and Independent ships carry non-Imperial fighters, and CIS ships carry CIS fighters, but can be easily modified to carry all other non-Imperial fighters. Any ship can be modified to carry any manner of fighter, but it will require a major redesign excepting the CIS modification already described.
Conversion Table:

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Master_Baerne wrote:I propose the following:

Imperial ships come with their standard TIE complements, and cannot carry other fighters unless modified. (Those ceiling launch rails don't work for other designs)
That's not very fair if the NR and Independent ships are allowed to carry other fighters. I don't recall any modifications were needed to say launch TIE Defenders as opposed to launching TIE/Ins. Also, those same ships are known to carry NR fighters if in NR service.
Kreia
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

A point, there. Now that I think on it, the launch rails only apply to TIE/In fighters; the others just sit on their wings. And I believe Wraith Squadron managed to modify some manner of frigate's launch rails to carry X-Wings. Better to scrap the whole idea, though I think the CIS bit is still relevant.
Conversion Table:

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Master_Baerne wrote:A point, there. Now that I think on it, the launch rails only apply to TIE/In fighters; the others just sit on their wings. And I believe Wraith Squadron managed to modify some manner of frigate's launch rails to carry X-Wings. Better to scrap the whole idea, though I think the CIS bit is still relevant.
Yes they did, for a nearly similar number of X-wings versus TIE/In.

But yes, the CIS tended to have droid crews and a very small organic component. So to refit them to accept larger organic components, those should be refitted.

Side Note: I'm still not 100% settled on my points, and my fleet, though I'm investigating on an appropriate fleet size.
For now, here's another alternative distribution of my planet points:

Kuat Imperium
  • Kuat* (Homeworld) - 600 points
  • Akios* (Major World), Monadin system - 400 points
  • Rothana (Major World), Rothana system - 400 points
  • Gyndine (Average World), Gyndine system - 200 points
  • Elaruan* (Average World), Venir system - 200 points
Total: 1800 points

*: Kuat Sector
Last edited by Fingolfin_Noldor on 2009-05-10 10:43am, edited 2 times in total.
Kreia
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Agreed.
Conversion Table:

RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Raj Ahten wrote:How exactly do you purchase star fighters exactly? That's not something I'm %100 on. Also, do ships you buy come with a fighter complement?
I don't think you spend points on them (with certain high end exceptions, like TIE Defenders), but instead go with what "feel right" so long as it's not too wanky (as Coyote mentioned before, no 100,000,000 wings of DOOM or nonsense like that). Same thing with troop complements, though again high-end stuff (like Dark Troopers) do cost some points.

And of course, make sense. Because a New Republic faction with stormtroopers is...odd. :wink: Though you could try and justify it.

Regarding fighter complements, since they're "free" (except as noted above) then just go with what makes sense. If there's a handy EU reference go with it (so an MC-80B with two X-wing squads, and one A-wing and one B-wing squad ala the Mon Remonda for example). Trying to pack 72 X-wings into an MC-80a which is normally stated to carry only three squadrons is obviously a no-no. Unless you have some funky midget fighters which you design later.

Sticking New Republic fighters into Imperial ships is something I posted about earlier (this being my plan) so I'll restate what my idea was: unmodified Imperial ships would carry fewer NR fighters than their normal compliment. Since they can't use the launch rails and NR fighters tend to have a larger footprint than TIEs, this makes sense. There is hanger deck space for them and as the EU has shown it has been done before, though they never gave firm numbers on what was carried AFAIK. So reducing it by a squadron or whatever seems reasonable to me, until or unless you design a or refit them (though this being a rather extensive modification I'd say it should be done in-game with moderator approval).

You could have mixed compliments (this has also been done in the EU) though I'd still say in general lower numbers, and certainly nothing exceeding the nominal capacity.

So for example an ISD can carry 72 TIEs. If entirely converted to NR fighters, I'd say they can carry...60? Whatever. You could have a mix of NR and TIEs, though this would not exceed 72. And remember, there are more than just TIEs (shuttles, assault gunboats, etc) so if you're going to use deckspace for NR fighters, you have to take those into account as well. Which come to think of it probably means 48 NR fighters makes more sense. But we can work with this.
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:
Master_Baerne wrote:A point, there. Now that I think on it, the launch rails only apply to TIE/In fighters; the others just sit on their wings. And I believe Wraith Squadron managed to modify some manner of frigate's launch rails to carry X-Wings. Better to scrap the whole idea, though I think the CIS bit is still relevant.
Yes they did, for a nearly similar number of X-wings versus TIE/In.
If you're talking about Wraith Squadron that was a purpose-built Corellian Corvette 'pocket carrier' and technically they had more X-wings (+ TIEs) than the normal compliment. Though that is probably a relatively unique case, as that one had TIEs sitting on their wings in a hanger, not with the overhead launch rails.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

I think the TIE launch rails are more for ease of egress than anything else - It says in the VD that they're capable of sitting on their wings, and that the reason they don't is because it's harder for pilots to get in and out. This makes little sense to me, personally, but whatever floats your boat.
Conversion Table:

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

The MC80B could carry 8 squadrons of fighters during return of Palpatine. What cost the upgrade incurred is unknown though.
Kreia
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Weaponry, perhaps? Mon Cal ships had added hangar space and protection at the expense of broadside weaponry, I believe. That is to say, total firepower, not actual broadside-positioned weapons.
Conversion Table:

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Master_Baerne wrote:Weaponry, perhaps? Mon Cal ships had added hangar space and protection at the expense of broadside weaponry, I believe. That is to say, total firepower, not actual broadside-positioned weapons.
No suggestions on what cost. The MC80B class was known for two large hangers on the port and starboard side.

Weapons were located in clusters away from the hanger area. Also, current stats given are atrocious especially in light of the fact that they were based off the 60 turbos and 60 ion cannon stats.
Kreia