Space STGOD planning.(2k9)

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Re: Space STGOD planning.(2k9)

Post by White Haven »

And as a semi-related point, can we try to avoid tacking on more and more systems now that the game's started? Strategy can't really be properly formed if the node-lines keep changing.
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Right, then. We'll see what the traitorous rats do now. :)
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

Darkevilme wrote:Hope ya dont mind being spread around a bit Karmic. I try to discourage 'all in one system' nations as they're bastard hard to successfully attack due to fleet concentration.
Alright, If Raj, you, and Beowulf Don't mind, I'll move my systems to these:

This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

by the way folks, if you want to do anything clandesdine ever, you can make a post, and give it to me for posting. This way, any unforseen assassinations, bombings, who knows... won't be known to the general public, unless their own counter-intelligence figures it out. :P
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

I've already canonically moved a terraforming team to the southernmost of those nodes Karmic. Other than that i'm fine with you being on the others and you could have the dead north one instead.
STGOD SDNW4 player. Chamarran Hierarchy Catgirls in space!
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

Darkevilme wrote:I've already canonically moved a terraforming team to the southernmost of those nodes Karmic. Other than that i'm fine with you being on the others and you could have the dead north one instead.
Southernmost is the one with the small number about it, correct?

(In regards to the 'dead north one') You mean the one connected to the number '4' one?

Because that would work.
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Karmic Knight wrote:
Darkevilme wrote:Hope ya dont mind being spread around a bit Karmic. I try to discourage 'all in one system' nations as they're bastard hard to successfully attack due to fleet concentration.
Alright, If Raj, you, and Beowulf Don't mind, I'll move my systems to these:

Well I don't foresee a problem, as long as you aren't playing a bunch of metamorphic invaders who want to eat my face :o . By the way, do you mind giving us some hints about what your faction is likely to look like?
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Yes to both Karmic. The node between me and Tathessi i've nominally claimed for future colonization and have a fleet at.
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

Raj Ahten wrote:Well I don't foresee a problem, as long as you aren't playing a bunch of metamorphic invaders who want to eat my face :o . By the way, do you mind giving us some hints about what your faction is likely to look like?
My faction will be Unified Steelworks Incorporated, as soon as I get the OOB finished.
Darkevilme wrote:Yes to both Karmic. The node between me and Tathessi i've nominally claimed for future colonization and have a fleet at.
Alright.
Thirdfain
The Player of Games
Location: Never underestimate the staggering drawing power of the Garden State.

Post by Thirdfain »

Not to bust your party, but I hasten to point out that your plan still leaves one channel none of you control exclusively...

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.
John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - )
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

As is specifically stated in 'Smith's' briefing. After all, if there's NO way past without military action or good relations, then military action becomes inevitable. Think of it as a...safety valve. :twisted:
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

If/when you choose to arrive in Network space, Ohma, I'll reply.
Truth fears no trial.
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Though I think some here are forgetting that we are limited to light-speed communications. There should be a long delay until, for instance, Aly who is a bit away, gets to know about it....
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

Dahak wrote:Though I think some here are forgetting that we are limited to light-speed communications. There should be a long delay until, for instance, Aly who is a bit away, gets to know about it....
I am assuming that none of this is taking place in anything even remotely resembling real time. Even the kaeleer's transit times are going to be longer than the communication times in any case.
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Thirdfain, am I correct in guessing that there's no gravity on the Cluster?
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Rogue 9 wrote:A question that's about to become relevant very quickly: What's everyone's positions on merchant vessels transiting the nodes in their territories?
Chamara is open to merchants but does enforce moderate shipping fees, Chamaran or government sanctioned trade vessels(IE the arranged trades from the diplomacy thread) are not subject to such fees.
Thirdfain
The Player of Games
Location: Never underestimate the staggering drawing power of the Garden State.

Post by Thirdfain »

Rogue, you are correct. Zero-G all the way.

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.
John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - )
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Rogue 9 wrote:Well then, it's fortunate you're on the opposite side of known space. :razz: Though given that the rules have no mechanism for discovering cloaked ships...
Cloaked ships are hard to detect, not impossible.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Baerne, the invitation was to the embassies in the Clusters, not the representatives to the UN in spaaaaace. Just so you know.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Oh! Hang on...
Conversion Table:

Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

Tanasinn wrote:If/when you choose to arrive in Network space, Ohma, I'll reply.
It's going to take a while, particularly since, as my next post will reveal, they're being extra careful and sneaky about it.

EDIT: OH, also, which systems on the map are the Yuuli systems?
EDIT2: Also, I would assume that unless all the nodes in Narmathar have been locked down AND HARD, that news about all this would still be getting around pretty fast, on the scale of one or two days at most for it to make its way across most of known space. I remember that we discussed that there are comm relays in most systems, and dedicated craft (probably unmanned) which travel through the nodes to transmit news and other important info to the relays on the other side. So long as the relays aren't like, on the other side of the system, it shouldn't take very long for the transmitted info to spread. Fleets on the other hand...
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
GALE-Force: Guardians of Space!
"Rarr! Rargharghiss!" -Gorn
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

We've only locked down Arceria Node and the one to Ouster territory, since they were the closest. There simply wasn't time to lock down every node.
Conversion Table:

Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Master_Baerne wrote:We've only locked down Arceria Node and the one to Ouster territory, since they were the closest. There simply wasn't time to lock down every node.
Well, there's only two more. One to other Llaelar territory, which is open the other node is to my territory, and you'd have a bloodbath on your hand to try anything funny there...
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Well, Hangrabi Freight Seven is going through the Ouster node, and if you try to stop it, you'll have a major international incident on your hands. One with a power that's not a neutral pushover.

Though I certainly don't see you locking down the Ouster node anywhere in the game thread. If you intend to do something, you need to post it.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

BTW I got diplomatic feelers going out to Rogue 9's, Darth Raptor's and Beowulf's factions. (I don't want to push you, just making sure you all saw the post which is in the diplomacy thread.)