Strategic Fantasy Crossover RPG

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Oseng
Redshirt

Re: Strategic Fantasy Crossover RPG

Post by Oseng »

That's the assumption that I am operating under as well.

I should have a post up tomorrow hopefully. Been busy with four major end of term research papers for college along with work, and I just haven't had much free time.
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Just as a friendly reminder, soon the Red Tsardom will have Giant Freaking Bat Cavalry. Just because i happen to in fact like avian mammals of the Order Chiopterra.

Also, upgrading soldiers should cost you something in re-armament and retraining. Do you lot of Ferrets agree?

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Zor wrote:Just as a friendly reminder, soon the Red Tsardom will have Giant Freaking Bat Cavalry. Just because i happen to in fact like avian mammals of the Order Chiopterra.

Also, upgrading soldiers should cost you something in re-armament and retraining. Do you lot of Ferrets agree?

Zor
To comment on your points in sequence.

Hey Baerne, winged snacks for your dragons!

and yes Zor there is no such thing as a free lunch, upgrades cost monies.
STGOD SDNW4 player. Chamarran Hierarchy Catgirls in space!
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Darkevilme wrote: Hey Baerne, winged snacks for your dragons!
I was thinking exactly the same thing. :twisted:
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Master_Baerne wrote:
Hmm.. time to trot out new enhanced Chimera Dragons... infused with the warp and so forth.

Hey wait.. your strongest dragons are 5 points each, vs mine which are 12 points each... I guess I need numbers.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:
Master_Baerne wrote:
Hmm.. time to trot out new enhanced Chimera Dragons... infused with the warp and so forth.

Hey wait.. your strongest dragons are 5 points each, vs mine which are 12 points each... I guess I need numbers.
Baerne did you remember to put your ten EPIC dragons on your OOB?
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Darkevilme wrote:Baerne did you remember to put your ten EPIC dragons on your OOB?
Well, if I look over at his 1500 dragons, they are either 1 point each or 5 points each. I don't see any other epic dragons around.
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

He bought ten 400 point dragons as his only expenditure end of turn 1. I think was while the edit was on the fritz which is why he didnt enter them in his OOB.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Darkevilme wrote:He bought ten 400 point dragons as his only expenditure end of turn 1. I think was while the edit was on the fritz which is why he didnt enter them in his OOB.
Probably. I plan to do some structural enhancements of my flying warships and do some serious dragon warping.
Kreia
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:
Darkevilme wrote:He bought ten 400 point dragons as his only expenditure end of turn 1. I think was while the edit was on the fritz which is why he didnt enter them in his OOB.
Probably. I plan to do some structural enhancements of my flying warships and do some serious dragon warping.
You have my assistance for that.

And guys, they gave me a really shitty room in this hotel I'm staying at, so my internet will be unreliable for the time being. If anything important comes up, which would require my intervention and I'm not there, Fingolfin is in charge of my Empire(If that's ok with you man? :D )
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

DarthShady wrote:You have my assistance for that.

And guys, they gave me a really shitty room in this hotel I'm staying at, so my internet will be unreliable for the time being. If anything important comes up, which would require my intervention and I'm not there, Fingolfin is in charge of my Empire(If that's ok with you man? :D )
Sure.

*takes the Shadow Lord on a time warping stint going around assassinating leaders*

KIDDING.
Kreia
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:
Actually, instead of the dragons I bought two psychics and half-paid for my new territories.
Conversion Table:

Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Ah my mistake. Must of seen one announcement and not the other. Though out of interest how quickly can five pointer dragons come to a stop? Just so i can figure out the recovery phase of Aircarrier operations.
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Darkevilme wrote:Ah my mistake. Must of seen one announcement and not the other. Though out of interest how quickly can five pointer dragons come to a stop? Just so i can figure out the recovery phase of Aircarrier operations.
Umm...No idea. I'd assume fairly quickly, since the wings could provide a powerful braking force if turned vertical.
Conversion Table:

Oseng
Redshirt

Post by Oseng »

Well my post is finally up.

I hope the Kaisers are not overpowered at 150 points per 1, was looking over people's oob and thought I might want a powerful top of the line unit myself. :P
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Damn...am I the only one who thinks Zor's guys are a bunch of walking stereotypes? :D

Also, I guess I'll finally get around to my game post.

Short breakdown of turn 1 end-of-year purchases:

- Total income: 40*200: 8000
- Army maintenance: 5000 (rounded up, can't bearsed to calculate precisely)
- Loss replacement: 150 points

Purchases: (2850 points)

- Four giant eagles (500 points each) - air force, bitches!
- Territorry payments: 100 gold per territorry spent on upgrades/peacekeeping
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

PeZook wrote:Damn...am I the only one who thinks Zor's guys are a bunch of walking stereotypes? :D
Gee, you just got that?
- Four giant eagles (500 points each) - air force, bitches!
What, are they the size of 747s and shoot lasers out of their eyes or something?

Zor
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Zor wrote: What, are they the size of 747s and shoot lasers out of their eyes or something?

Zor
YES! :D

Well, no, not really. But they're motherfuckin' huge, have claws that cut steel like tissue paper and I think I'll have their riders armed with guns and gasoline bombs just for kicks :D

Actually, the expedition to capture and train those four will be a small subplot.

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

PeZook wrote:
Zor wrote: What, are they the size of 747s and shoot lasers out of their eyes or something?

Zor
YES! :D

Well, no, not really. But they're motherfuckin' huge, have claws that cut steel like tissue paper and I think I'll have their riders armed with guns and gasoline bombs just for kicks :D

Actually, the expedition to capture and train those four will be a small subplot.
Sounds interesting, although considering the fact that you will be training soldiers to fight on top of them, you might be interested in buying a type of device the Red Tsardom has invented for men who work on airships (as well as for our Bat-riders). We call it a "Parachute".

Zor
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Zor wrote: Sounds interesting, although considering the fact that you will be training soldiers to fight on top of them, you might be interested in buying a type of device the Red Tsardom has invented for men who work on airships (as well as for our Bat-riders). We call it a "Parachute".

Zor
Hmm...yes, a most interesting device :D

Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Zor, how many points are your bats worth?
Conversion Table:

Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Master_Baerne wrote:Zor, how many points are your bats worth?
Imperial Bat Cavalry comes in at 300 points per hundred, the Bats themselves have a fearsome set of claws and teeth with a scream that scares the piss out of horses and sonar, which lets them navagate through clouds and at night. The riders themselves being armed with a pair of revolvers, a breech loading rifle (both with arsenic bullets) and a saber while the saddle has a latch for a twenty kilogram gravity bomb as a one shot ground attack weapon and a Parachute to save the rider if the bat dies, i plan on getting 200 of them this turn.

On the same note, the Aurora costs 500 points.

Zor
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Forgive me for what looks like double posting. But by where the Kingdom of the Shifting Sands is going, all i am saying is look out for jars containing four eyed frilled lamprey things. :mrgreen:

Zor
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

Shady, do you have a close up and larger version of that map you posted?

If So, I will consolidate the movements of turn two so far.
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Karmic Knight wrote:Shady, do you have a close up and larger version of that map you posted?

If So, I will consolidate the movements of turn two so far.
Erm.. I think many of us haven't gotten around to write much this turn...
Kreia