First five threads locked due to length
Old discussion thread

Old discussion thread MK II

Old discussion thread MK III

Old discussion thread MK IV

Old Old discussion thread MK V

Current Game thread

Let the madness continue
For those of you wondering, yes I keep meaing to update myself to current events, yes I said I would do so half a dozen times now, and yes I'm telling you 4reals this time I'll do it. On the grave of my dear departed cat Mittens I swear it.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Gee.. Bean, you missed all the fun and excitement. :lol:
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
RogueIce
_______

Re: SD.net's World OOC/Discussion thread MK VI

Post by RogueIce »

Mr Bean wrote:For those of you wondering, yes I keep meaing to update myself to current events, yes I said I would do so half a dozen times now, and yes I'm telling you 4reals this time I'll do it. On the grave of my dear departed cat Mittens I swear it.
Enjoying being the sole superpower for a couple decades or so as the MESS and FUN pull themselves back together. :D

Speaking of which, what is of the FUN? Does it still (technically) exist? I know I pretty much just delcared the MESS as existing and Coyote had FUN representitives at his funeral, but that could just be a historical reference. So, what is the status of the FUN forty years later?

And on another note, I'm going to assume Coyote died a few weeks or whatever before the Imperial Visit to Shinra, so I was present for his funeral. :)
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Coyote wrote:Be at the funeral for Arik, then! :D

I'm heading to sleep, so I can't really do much.

And I don't think Shroom goes out much anymore. He's closed himself from the world, and has practically given up on all his old self (doesn't mean there won't be a Shroomanian representative).

The only thing left is to ensure that the remains of the FUN doesn't end up in anarchy and chaos - hence the Nazism. Fanatic totalitarian leader worship is the only thing preventing preventing anarcho-libertarian-jihadists and shit like Jenovans and PAF-GENITALS (come ON! they're ten times justified now, I'm sure they'd be back stronger and loopier than ever) and WHORES WHORES WHORES from ripping the lesser FUN nations to pieces.

Shroomania is trying to keep the FUN's guts from spilling out. It's the Prime Minister's legacy! He's lost so much that he's holding on to what he's got left with a death grip.

Man, so sombre... :(

I think a lot of our world leaders would've burned out from all of the post-war reconstruction efforts and stuff - the ensuing chaos, atrocities, PLAGUES. Shroom would have to assume trying to keep the whole FUN in tact while the PeZookians and RTs (the other main FUN guys) are busy with their own problems. I mean, it all ends up being Shroom's responsibility. He goes nuts! Even the Bear Republic ended up getting brutalized! Who has to help them all? Shroom! Shroom! Shroom! *chants*
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Come to think of it, handwave it in that I was there. :cry:
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Upon thinking about it...

Maybe you guys could catch a familiar face in the crowd of mourners and grievers. Though that face would be old and worn, sad and no longer containing that vibrant and manic energy you all used to know! Then Shroom would disappear back to FORTRESS FARBANTI.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

The FUN will survive. The RT is already recovering, Shroom is pretty much ok(except the whole Nazism thing), PeZookia is also recovering, and I'm still around(Although I'm Insane now, but that will fix it self eventually).

The King is dead, all hail the King. :D

Count me in for the funeral(if you want to).
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Anyway, for travel plans, I think we'd go to PeZookia, meet with Paul and spend some time there (Kamila will want to), and then the three of us head to the RT and meet with Ana, pay our respects to Mister Freeze...er, Stas, and then we'd go to Shroomania and the three of us (four if the RT Secretary General wants to come along) can bitchslap some sense into Shroom.
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

And I'm off to sleep.... see you guys tomorrow. :lol:
Kreia
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

More gloom for the LSR :(
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

What is the official date as of today in the game?

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Mr Bean wrote:What is the official date as of today in the game?
The year is 2052 in the "present day" though people are alternating between that and flashbacks.

I suppose the month and day is whatever it'd be according to this point in the real-time month.

Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

We were up to about, what, 2013 when the bombs flew?

So it'd be around 2053, now, but technology has largely been stagnant for a bit so we still don't have uber killbots or anything cool.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Coyote wrote:We were up to about, what, 2013 when the bombs flew?

So it'd be around 2053, now, but technology has largely been stagnant for a bit so we still don't have uber killbots or anything cool.
2012, so now it's 2052.

Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

2052 it shall be, then.

When do we dust off our old plans and start re-building the space progams?
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

*shrug* Honestly I consider this more of an epilogue than the continuation of the game. Basically wrapping things up, showing that, despite the UAR's best efforts, life goes on even after the darkest of tragedies.

Just my thoughts on it all, anyway.

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

50 year jump? That would result in a UKB dominated world, as the only untouched superpower, with high orbitals under my control I would have default control of the world.

If they some forces did lob nukes at me there would be serious issues of failing to get anything useful due to the numerous dual use ABM/AA systems I built up(And kept building during my absence) would result in a high probability of a fail attack and a subsequent response by the KKV's I already had in orbit

(2012 is when the nukes flew?)

Not that I'd attack one(I'm bared from doing so by my absence from the game, no am I interested in doing so)
But it looks very much like a fifty year jump would result in the UKB being the lone shining light on the hill while the rest of the world is just getting back on it's feet.

I'm going to have to update and read the damn threads now.

Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

I don't know about anyone else, but I am devoted to having roving airborne teams scour the countryside of former UAR territory and shooting any survivors found. No human life will be allowed to re-establish there for the next three generations. There's something in the water, or something, that makes those folks fucking dangerous.

Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Mr Bean wrote:Not that I'd attack one(I'm bared from doing so by my absence from the game, no am I interested in doing so)
But it looks very much like a fifty year jump would result in the UKB being the lone shining light on the hill while the rest of the world is just getting back on it's feet...
Enderistan and Tongdijuana were scot-free; Shroomania and Byzantium suffered very little damage as well. Southern Adrianopolis was left out of it, too, and most of West Neverhood was also untouched.

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Coyote wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but I am devoted to having roving airborne teams scour the countryside of former UAR territory and shooting any survivors found. No human life will be allowed to re-establish there for the next three generations. There's something in the water, or something, that makes those folks fucking dangerous.
Remember, since I was RPing Garner, I had the RoN charge into Shepnukistan after the first day of fighting.

Garner is basically dictator of a wasteland now(well, at the "one year after the nukes flew" mark).

So...Don't shoot Nukistiani civilians!

(of course, the radiation probably killed enough people to cause an eventual breakdown of all civil order, making such distinctions meaningless on Sheps' island, but whatever).
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Mr Bean wrote:50 year jump? That would result in a UKB dominated world, as the only untouched superpower, with high orbitals under my control I would have default control of the world.

If they some forces did lob nukes at me there would be serious issues of failing to get anything useful due to the numerous dual use ABM/AA systems I built up(And kept building during my absence) would result in a high probability of a fail attack and a subsequent response by the KKV's I already had in orbit

(2012 is when the nukes flew?)

Not that I'd attack one(I'm bared from doing so by my absence from the game, no am I interested in doing so)
But it looks very much like a fifty year jump would result in the UKB being the lone shining light on the hill while the rest of the world is just getting back on it's feet.

I'm going to have to update and read the damn threads now.
Forty years.

As to the space stuff, Phong threw a bunch of crap up there, so there'd be a lot of debris until it all fell back down. Basically anything that was up in 2012 is gone though and it'll be quite awhile before it's really safe to get back up there.

Also, there are some IRT military aircrews and ships that tried to take refuge on Atlantis during the war, FYI.

But yeah the UKB is a hyperpower now, though you lost about a million people because of Saddamistan going apeshit with the bioweapons. Although the MESS at least is slowly emerging back into functioning again (although I imagine it'll be quite some time before we'd have the conventional forces of the pre-war days).

RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Coyote wrote:Enderistan and Tongdijuana were scot-free; Shroomania and Byzantium suffered very little damage as well. Southern Adrianopolis was left out of it, too, and most of West Neverhood was also untouched.
On that note, about 15 years after the war (so 2037) Tongdijuana went from being a "Principality" and its own country (of sorts) and became a province of the Shinra Republic.

So the Shinra Republic is officially composed of both my main island and a Principality-sized island just to the northwest. :)

PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Hey, Kamila survived! Oh, it fills my old heart with joy :D

And Shroom, PeZookia is not a wasteland. IRL, Poland suffered 16% casualties (twice that of PeZookia) and recovered (almost) fully. Because of the bioweapons and radiological contamination it will be a little bit slower, but then again - Shroomania is helping out :D
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Mr Bean wrote:50 year jump? That would result in a UKB dominated world, as the only untouched superpower, with high orbitals under my control I would have default control of the world.
I launched a massive ASAT campaign against every FUN satellite I could hit. The Van Allen belts also (unintentionally) were heavily pumped as well; it'll be years (if not decades) before anyone's going back in space with any assurance of safety. That said, once it is safer, you'll be one of the few powers in any position to do so.
You would indeed be the world's hyperpower.
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

phongn wrote:I launched a massive ASAT campaign against every FUN satellite I could hit. The Van Allen belts also (unintentionally) were heavily pumped as well
Wouldn't that mean that the UKB's satellites will fail in six months to a year from all the radiation?

I'd imagine that the UKB also got flooded with a lot of refugees from the central sea nations, in particular, Zoria.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944