Post by Mr Bean »

Terra Nova
First two threads locked due to length
Old discussion thread

Old discussion thread MK II

Old discussion thread MK III

Current Game thread

Have at it
Last edited by Mr Bean on 2008-06-18 07:24am, edited 3 times in total.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Coiler
Jedi Knight

Post by Coiler »

Mr Bean wrote:We are almost three years in now, not totally beyond the pale, but it will count against you since you missed three years worth of development time.

However feel free to sign up, it's a good diversion, and if you sign on the the UAR or the Mess they will plow billions into your brand new country for a proxy war against the other guy.
Cool.

Coilerburg is here!

Should I post a country profile in the reference thread or in here?
Visitor of five museum ships.
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

Reference thread is better.

Oh and Bean - I would Like your Hercules-Js, and 4 Extenders please.

Edit - and 6 Tu-160s. Two will be equipped for VIP transports.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Oh and I'm more interested in the refuel birds anyways.

AFter all HK does still manufacture a lot of airships. And since we don't have rocket pack wearing air pirates around (yet) I don't have too many worries...

Though anyone's SAM or AAM capability, not to mention just jet+20mm capability would kill my airships anyways. (I also have helos and standard air frames too)

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Re: SD.net's World OOC/Discussion thread MK IV

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Mr Bean wrote:Oh and one last thing, I'm thinking of cutting my F/A-18F force from twenty squadrons(244 planes) to either 16 squadrons (192 planes) or 14 Squadrons( 168 planes)

That would place between 52 to 76 latest generation F/A-18F's on the international marketplace. I'm not definite on far I intend to cut yet.

One thing is for sure, I'm looking to downsize a third of my F-35C force, thats the carrier variant I picked up with Q-force. That's 36 planes up for sale, once I can find good pricing information on everything.
I would be interested in either 48 or 64 of the F/A-18Fs at a puchase offer of $2.2bn and $3.0 Bn respectively (Wiki says they go 55mil a piece new and this offer is at 45mil a piece for used equipment)
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Coiler
Jedi Knight

Post by Coiler »

Time to get my Great Mobilization started!

Shep, I would be interested in knowing what kinds of weapons, AFVs, aircraft, and-most importantly warships the UAR has available for purchase.
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

Coiler wrote:Time to get my Great Mobilization started!

Shep, I would be interested in knowing what kinds of weapons, AFVs, aircraft, and-most importantly warships the UAR has available for purchase.
^_^

We gots like at least a dozen or so DDG-51s and CG-47s ready for purchase from our reserve fleet, and about 3,000 M1s and 3,000 M2s ready for purchase, minus a couple hundred of various arms sales.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Coiler
Jedi Knight

Post by Coiler »

MKSheppard wrote: ^_^

We gots like at least a dozen or so DDG-51s and CG-47s ready for purchase from our reserve fleet, and about 3,000 M1s and 3,000 M2s ready for purchase, minus a couple hundred of various arms sales.
Excellent. Negotiations will begin very shortly.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Bean, how much are you selling those F-35s?
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Could someone sell me the blueprints for the F-35Cs?
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I think you can have them. If you included them in your Q-given wishlist. Which I did.

Coiler, put a map of your country. So you can be put into the map of the SDN World.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

I'd like to make a bid on a C-130H, three of the C-130Js, and two of the KC-10s being put up for sale.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Shroom Man 777 wrote:I think you can have them. If you included them in your Q-given wishlist. Which I did.

Coiler, put a map of your country. So you can be put into the map of the SDN World.
Sadly, I forgot to. I thought these aircraft were not yet in commission. Though I should have known that the F-22s are.

But if I can handwave it I wouldn't mind. I will build them for my new (old) carrier.
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Six things
1. Tu-160's are a bidding war, if you want them name your price

2. Coilberg, you need a map ASAP so you can get throw up on the big map. Chose your location carefully

3. CmdrWilkens, you have a deal sir, once I get some house-keeping out of the way 48 F/A-18F's are yours to do with as you will.

(From the old thread)
Beowulf wrote:I'll buy the entirety of your F-35C force, Bean, if you off a sufficiently low price. I offer $1.5 billion for the lot.
4. Done

5. I really need to get prices on the KC-10's but so far have been unable.
FYI:Kc-130's are 68 million for the H, 72 for the J. Bids are being taken on the KC-10's

6. To Fingolfin, for you my friend I'll will cut another twelve F-35C's and offer them to you to go with that shinny new carrier for only 300 million for the whole squadron.

*Edit
Seven things, I'm interested in people chipping into my IFV idea, with investment, donations, shared research or naming ideas.

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Decue
Padawan Learner

Post by Decue »

Mr Bean wrote:Seven things, I'm interested in people chipping into my IFV idea, with investment, donations, shared research or naming ideas.
I'll love to invest 150 millions into the project.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

The Cat

possibly having CAT be an acronym, but still it's a glorious history as a graceful feline predator, and as a protector of the food supply against rodent minions and....

"Mine, mine, mine, mine, I don't like this but it's mine too."-sprays everything with unknown liquid from a pump bottle.

come on Bean it could work. :twisted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_(Red_Dwarf)

grrr, somethings wrong with my dressing skills today.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Mr Bean wrote:S6. To Fingolfin, for you my friend I'll will cut another twelve F-35C's and offer them to you to go with that shinny new carrier for only 300 million for the whole squadron.
You have a deal. Do you have the blueprints to go along?

I'm also interested in the KC-10s. How many of them again? I'm in 4.

As for APC, it's an intriguing idea, though I'm thinking it through. Trouble would be that I already have an army running T-90s around and makes more sense to convert the old chassis to the Russian Terminator standards.
Last edited by Fingolfin_Noldor on 2008-05-31 08:46am, edited 1 time in total.
Kreia
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

Mr Bean wrote:FYI:Kc-130's are 68 million for the H, 72 for the J. Bids are being taken on the KC-10's
*Cuts Check for 432 Million*

There - I'll send an Electra-V with Pilots and Air Crews post-haste.

Those 130Js are MINE.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:
Mr Bean wrote:S6. To Fingolfin, for you my friend I'll will cut another twelve F-35C's and offer them to you to go with that shinny new carrier for only 300 million for the whole squadron.

As for APC, it's an intriguing idea, though I'm thinking it through. Trouble would be that I already have an army running T-90s around and makes more sense to convert the old chassis to the Russian Terminator standards.
Plenty of us with F-35Cs being built. I'll just handwave you the blueprints, ok? Have your Emperor check his e-mail or something. ;)
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:

The Merkava was designed from the ground up to transport troops, even the Merkava I had the ability to carry troops since the engine was in the front. The T-90 not so much. Yes you can take the T-90 and slap more armor on, more remote guns, but where do you put the passangers? No your talking about complete redesign with hundreds of millions in design cost alone.

The Merkava meanwhile is already an APC. In fact all I'm aiming to do is take an existing heavy APC(The Namer) and upgrade it's remote .50cal and multi-position mg's to something along the lines of the Russian Terminator(Based of the BMP as I recall). So I remove the .50cal swap it out with a turret containing 23mm(Soviet), 25mm(NATO), 30mm(NATO/Soviet/Swiss) or 35mm(Swiss), toss on a few missiles for measure(AA or AT) and your good to go.

All the work I'm doing over the next year is to design a smaller remote turret able to mount a pair of cannons of some calibers, perhaps a center Grenade launcher and the ability to add on AT or AA rockets. The version in question won't need them so they won't be standard(To much of a chance of getting shot up in an urban enviorment) but if you want the option much like with the BMP based "Terminator", you can put em on so your IFV can engage ground and air targets.

The main design goal is a IFV that mounts a heavy enough gun/weapon system to demolish any urban target, carry enough ammo to many targets. retain excellent 360 visibility, and carry between 6 to 10 soldiers plus the crew. And of course above all, be the heaviest protected IFV possible.

*Edit, we are talking about something that used to HAVE a turret, getting a turret but a new special remote turret design for urban engagements.

Also you don't need to donate a billion to my program, even 200 million is pushing it provide I get enough people(six) to sign on. If I can get ten people into it, even 150 million each is pushing it. 50-250 million depending on country size is enough to not only pay for lots off good design work but likely enough to get a limited local production ability. Merkava's are cheap to other tanks. and only slightly more expensive than T-90's (If the list price I have here is correct that T-90s are 3.6 million each, compared to the 4.5 million for a Merkava) And T-90s are the cheapest current gen tank out there.

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Mr Bean wrote:The Merkava was designed from the ground up to transport troops, even the Merkava I had the ability to carry troops since the engine was in the front. The T-90 not so much. Yes you can take the T-90 and slap more armor on, more remote guns, but where do you put the passangers? No your talking about complete redesign with hundreds of millions in design cost alone.

The Merkava meanwhile is already an APC. In fact all I'm aiming to do is take an existing heavy APC(The Namer) and upgrade it's remote .50cal and multi-position mg's to something along the lines of the Russian Terminator(Based of the BMP as I recall). So I remove the .50cal swap it out with a turret containing 23mm(Soviet), 25mm(NATO), 30mm(NATO/Soviet/Swiss) or 35mm(Swiss), toss on a few missiles for measure(AA or AT) and your good to go.

All the work I'm doing over the next year is to design a smaller remote turret able to mount a pair of cannons of some calibers, perhaps a center Grenade launcher and the ability to add on AT or AA rockets. The version in question won't need them so they won't be standard(To much of a chance of getting shot up in an urban enviorment) but if you want the option much like with the BMP based "Terminator", you can put em on so your IFV can engage ground and air targets.

The main design goal is a IFV that mounts a heavy enough gun/weapon system to demolish any urban target, carry enough ammo to many targets. retain excellent 360 visibility, and carry between 6 to 10 soldiers plus the crew. And of course above all, be the heaviest protected IFV possible.

*Edit, we are talking about something that used to HAVE a turret, getting a turret but a new special remote turret design for urban engagements.

Also you don't need to donate a billion to my program, even 200 million is pushing it provide I get enough people(six) to sign on. If I can get ten people into it, even 150 million each is pushing it. 50-250 million depending on country size is enough to not only pay for lots off good design work but likely enough to get a limited local production ability. Merkava's are cheap to other tanks. and only slightly more expensive than T-90's (If the list price I have here is correct that T-90s are 3.6 million each, compared to the 4.5 million for a Merkava) And T-90s are the cheapest current gen tank out there.
You make a good case. 200 million then. :lol:
Kreia
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

RogueIce wrote:
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:

Plenty of us with F-35Cs being built. I'll just handwave you the blueprints, ok? Have your Emperor check his e-mail or something. ;)
Alright. Thanks. :P I can go build a few squadrons for my new carrier.
Kreia
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Bear, i don't mind your guys being there, just as long as they don't cause any major problems. :wink:

And Bear, are you still building that base/factory thing in my country? :?
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Would anyone be interested in a souped up tank with all the latest protection technology available? I've already worked on it for a year pumping in cash, but joining this tank program: Korean K-2 Black Panther and buying a few hundred of these things would reduce the production cost a fair bit from it's current 7.8million a piece.
Kreia
Coiler
Jedi Knight

Post by Coiler »

Map of Coilerburg is up:

Coilerburg's shape.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w116 ... /Scale.gif

Coilerburg's desired position in the world-it's the red shape nestled between Syndromia, the Red Technocracy, and the UKB.

(Sorry if the scale's off, I just wanted a placeholder)