SD.net's World (RAR!)

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Minerva

Tigershark Bay to be sealed off

Tigershark Bay: In an effort to perseve saftey for coastal cities and the natives Tigershark Bay, His majesty's government has begun setting up a series of fine mesh and Razorwire nets and bubble barriers to seal off the area, with specially designed gate to allow for international commerce, combined with various sensors and sonar boeys and Coast Guard ships on patrol. Some complaints have been raised by captains about this disrupting commerce, but his majesty's government has stated this in lieu of the recent biological annomalies that have (sometimes figuratively and sometimes literally) come to the surface as of late, some measures need to be taken to protect the Local Marine Wildlife, the fishing industry and most important our citizens from these threats. Similar plans are in place for defence. Similar networks have been established to defend simmers in coastal towns.

Leviathan Study Underway

Hirohito Institute for the Advancement of Marine Sciences, Victorium: On personnal order from His Majesty, several newborn Leviathans have been captured and have been transported to a specially constructed tank for observation. So far, eight creatures have been brought in, all of which are between fifty and sixty centimeters long. Among tests will be monitoring the growth rate of these dangerous creatures. Scientists have confirmed that newborn Leviathans can not stay out of water for more than an hour, having an underdeveloped lung.
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

Latest Update in Hostage Crisis

A student, apparently a Shepnukistani citizen, was shot dead and tossed outside the hijacked aircraft onto the tarmac; with a note attached to the body.

It reads:

NO TO NUCLEAR ROCKETS

We are outraged at Shepnukistan's recent announcement of a nuclear stage for the Vulkan Heavy Lift Rocket; while seeing the foul UKBers despoil our beautiful skies with millions of tons of toxic smoke from each launch is bad enough; seeing radioactive debris raining down on our pristine world is even worse.

Accordingly, we append our orginal demands to add:

4. All Nuclear Powered Rocket Development shall cease.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Presidential palace, 15.25

"They've started killing hostages, sire." - the atmosphere inside the King's office was grim, and the dress code got relaxed in the last few hours. Quite a few people were missing their ties by now.

"Shepnukistani citizens, too. Can Shinra arrange a takedown?" - the King was cautious by nature, but this thing has blown

"No, not on such a short notice. They demanded fuel, and shot another hostage when Shinra negotiators tried to stall, so they got it. We don't know where they'll be going next."

"Well, there is a theory..." - one young assistant said, hesistantly

"Let's hear it"

"Well, they can't go north, because there are lots of countries friendly to the Republic there. They can't go to Saddamistan, because it will just shoot them down. There's only one place to hide."

"Goddamn Libertopia!" - one of the generals exclaimed

"Yes."

"We can't touch them there, and that airliner has enough range to reach it."

"Shit" - it was the first curse uttered by the King during the crisis, but it certainly wasn't going to be the last one.

"And they will kill the hostages if we try to storm the school, as soon as they find out."

"We need a better plan than that."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At 15.35, a diplomatic note has been sent to all nations friendly to the Republic, large or small:
To all nations who stand with us in this time of tragedy: We, the people of the II Republic of PeZookia, require assistance with recovering of innocent hostages caught in this new crisis.

We suspect, not without strong evidence, that the hijacked airliner is headed towards Terra Libertia. Any rescue operation undertaken at such distance from our borders will require assistance of others and still be a dangerous thing.

We respectfully request that any nation capable of granting us aid in this horrible crisis come forth, and support an attempt to rescue these kidnapped people who will, without a doubt, face a fate worse than death in this Godforsaken place.

Signed, King Paul The First, sovereign leader of Pezookia
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

ASTORIA NEWS

<15.50> The hijacked airliner has left the Republic of Shinra and is headed west, leaving behind two dead hostages and a pregnant woman, who was released during refuelling. The destination of the airliner is unknown.

At the APES, situation continues to deteriorate - attempts to extract a wounded police officer with the help of an armored peronnel carrier were met with heavy fire, and two hostages were shot as a warning.

Reports from the inside are ominous ; Police have learned, from a young PeZookian woman released in order to pass a statement from the terrorists, that hostages are kept in a single lecturing hall, and are not allowed to use the bathroom, eat any food or tend to the wounded.

More on the situation as it develops.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

His Majesty, King Zor-I, Leader, Protecter and Defender of the Sovereign Kingdom of Zoria and Lord Protector of the Commonwealth, after this event, has issued a statement in light of current events, of the Danger Terra Libertia. The area is a dangeriously unstable land, ruled over by Barbarian Warlords in which power over people comes only in the most crude of manners, out of the Barral of a Gun. It is a haven for all who desire refuge from rightful justice and the Rule of Law, a Rat hole for pirates and terrorists to fall back upon so they may regather their strength when the forces of Civilization push them back. Something needs to be done involving this international Liability to the civilized world. To this effect, the King Requests that an international summit be held to discuss this issue and offers Zortropolis to be the home for these debates.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

In a strongly worded statement issued by King Arik Coyotus-I of Canissia, the acts of the anti-PeZookian terrorists are condemned "not as acts of political courage, but as acts of barbarity to be reviled". King Coyotus added, at a later interview, that while "political power may well emanate from the barrel of a gun, but real political change emanates from the will of the people, and acts of violence reveal that terrorism is the refuge of the craven coward who has no real legitimacy, only the will of the bully".
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Emporer Colin signed on the Medical and Food/trade agreements, along with the private deal with Cannissia. However the Senate as usual was up in arms over the recent disaster. Meanwhile there was another problem. Fear of the monster attacks has so far kept any divers from setting the charges nesasary to clear safe pasage through Pirate's Bay, the damage to Look out point penesila had collapsed the bridge running between the two penesilas, along with the remnants of the Lookout point lighthouse and debris from the loading docks, would have to be cleared before the port could be re-opened, to make off loading of supplies more feasable.

News announcement:

Bear Republic to re-open highspeed transit to the southern desert.

Innovative private engineering firm in the BR plans to repair and replace the broken section of high speed rail with a subway system, as well as set the fiberoptic, and power lines well below ground.

Colin looked at the report, so the senate can pay to greenlight a project someone got from watching a bad 70s sci fi movie, but can't decide on these fairly simple and straight forward treaties?

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Thread locked due to length, stand by for thread MK II!

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton