SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread III

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Re: SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread III

Post by Darkevilme »

Steve wrote:
Shroom Man 777 wrote:Koprulu Zone Rules exceeds the authority of human and inhuman rights! :D
I'm starting to become increasingly convinced that the sane people of the galaxy try to stay the fuck away from your quadrant of the map. :P
I have a better idea. We send a multinational coalition with a Shepistani admiral in charge.
STGOD SDNW4 player. Chamarran Hierarchy Catgirls in space!
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Too bad the Shepistanis probably want to migrate to the Koprulu Zone. :P
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Wouldn't happen. Shep likes the Bragulans.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Steve wrote:Wouldn't happen. Shep likes the Bragulans.
So sic him the others. How could he say no to a good Bug War?

We'll find something else to do with the Bragulans.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Simon_Jester wrote:
Steve wrote:Wouldn't happen. Shep likes the Bragulans.
So sic him the others. How could he say no to a good Bug War?

We'll find something else to do with the Bragulans.
Hmmm....

The Bragulans are allies of the Karlacks.

The USS and the Imperium dislike outsiders.

The Collectors ditto.

Want to fight a 5 way fight? :D
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

No, no, we like outsiders.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

To be honest, while the Bragulans are belligerent assholes, they are also calculating in the logical Soviet-style kind of way. The predominant thinking right now, with glasnot and Bragstroika, is to promote regional stability. After Majella and the latest Tannhauser Tango (which happened IN Tannhauser :D), the Bragulans will try to go for a detentes with its regional rivals (Jenova is an odd place for Bragulan-Byzantine relations, being both an active conflict zone and one of the few places both sides can communicate with one another). The Bragulans will likewise try to expand its influence outside the cramped K-Zone by bolstering relations with nations that are safely faraway, like Shepistan and Umeria. Then we'll try to enhance relations with fellow galactic alienoid races, since we are an underrepresented minority in an apparently human galaxy, so we have to fight for alien rights. :P

Aside from the Chamarrans, who are the other active alienoid races?
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

PeZook wrote:No, no, we like outsiders.
Hush! No talking while we are posturing! :D
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

Shroom don't forget about the Eoghan.
the engines cannae take any more cap'n
warp 9 to shroomland ~Dalton
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Agent Sorchus wrote:Image
Shroom don't forget about the Eoghan.

Xenos that are too cute to be purged.

Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

:mrgreen:

Aw, Finny leiks cute alienoids! That is why he can't bear to exterminatus the Bragulans too. All the adorable cubs! Even if they grow up to be deranged bears!
Last edited by Shroom Man 777 on 2010-09-25 01:01pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Shroom Man 777 wrote::mgreen:

Aw, Finny leiks cute alienoids! That is why he can't bear to exterminatus the Bragulans too. All the adorable cubs! Even if they grow up to be deranged bears!
Deranged Bears who make excellent mounts. :D
Kreia
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

PeZook wrote:No, no, we like outsiders.
We like outsiders too. Especially with the right seasoning. :D
Simon_Jester wrote:How could he say no to a good Bug War?
War is never good my friend. :wink:

Shroom has a point though...just how many aliens are there in the galaxy? Its kind of sad that the majority of the star nations are either human or human dominated.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

DarthShady wrote: Shroom has a point though...just how many aliens are there in the galaxy? Its kind of sad that the majority of the star nations are either human or human dominated.
Off the top of my head, the "alien" nations are you, Shroom's Bragulans, the Chamarrans, the Eoghans, the Emissaries, the Idurans (I think), the races of Akhlut's NenAltKik, the Pfhor, and the Kryptonians (unless you don't count them). I believe Coyote's Central Alliance also had a mostly alien-population, or at least a significant one.

States with alien minorities consist of the Solarians, Klavostan, New Anglia, the Federated Ascendancy, Umeria, Severus (Wilkens' Severians), the Outlander Commissions, and.... that's it, I believe.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

We alienoid powers should stick together. Certainly prejudices towards the never-ending tide of human encroachment would be common-ground enough for diplomatic communications.

Imagine, we can have Alien Nations meetings, the Non-Human Aligned Movement, and we can have cool clubhouse meetings. Our first chairbeing can be a grotesque Karlack alienoid Aspect! Some Chamarran can say bad things to a Bragulan, and the Bragulan can slam his boot on the table! Or throw it at someone! It can be hilarious.

Seriously this would be cool. There can be Bragulan bragulanitarian missions. A space disaster strikes somewhere and we send these bragulanitarians out to give aid supplies and have peacekeepers! Bragulan style! Goodwill ambassadors! Badwill ambassadors! BRAGWILL AMBASSADORS!
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

That would be one hell of a meeting. :lol:

Truth be told most of those alien nations are inactive, or at least thats what it seems like to me. Shame really.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Well, I know Timothy's been crazy-busy with school.

Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

Just curious - are you guys accepting any new players at all? I can't find and posts that say yes/no either way, so I figured I'd ask.
Truth fears no trial.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

DarthShady wrote:That would be one hell of a meeting. :lol:

Truth be told most of those alien nations are inactive, or at least thats what it seems like to me. Shame really.
Yeah. Sads. I'm actually trying to invite Mayabird. Maybe we can recruit some other interested parties.

The Pfhor have gone silent, and they were the only other bunch of alienoids in the K-Sec. :(
DarthShady wrote:Shroom has a point though...just how many aliens are there in the galaxy? Its kind of sad that the majority of the star nations are either human or human dominated.
Before I had that grotesque Karlack brainbug suck on Fin's Inquisitor's brains, your Aspects were all humaniform. :P
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Tanasinn wrote:Just curious - are you guys accepting any new players at all? I can't find and posts that say yes/no either way, so I figured I'd ask.
Yes.

There are empty sectors.

Take them.
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Tanasinn wrote:Just curious - are you guys accepting any new players at all? I can't find and posts that say yes/no either way, so I figured I'd ask.
YES

Steve can give you lodgings. Better not be an ADHD Lemming. :P
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Shroom Man 777 wrote: Before I had that grotesque Karlack brainbug suck on Fin's Inquisitor's brains, your Aspects were all humaniform. :P
Those humaniform are the ones I introduced so far. There are others, like Araq for example, that are not human - but other things. Creatures very different humans. Thing is, roleplaying a Hive Mind is not easy, and I have been trying hard to figure out how to best do it. And what would be the best way of introducing such creatures. I loved the one you did, it definitely will get to play a bigger role in the future. :D
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

BTW, I also used the name for the Bragulan you mentioned in your wiki article. :D
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

Steve wrote:States with alien minorities consist of the Solarians, Klavostan, New Anglia, the Federated Ascendancy, Umeria, Severus (Wilkens' Severians), the Outlander Commissions, and.... that's it, I believe.
The Union has non-human minorities, including Tau refugees.
SDN Worlds 5: Sanctum
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

That puts you in Fin's Bad List I'd bet. :P
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!