SD.net's World OOC/Discussion thread MK V

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

PeZook wrote:Consider it done ;)

Though he is a statistician, mind you. This is going to be a boring debate :P
What sort of statistician would know about... physics?!
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Raj Ahten wrote:Project Ringu eh? Treadstone now has some competition in the secret assasin making department :wink: .
no project ringu is a subliminal that kills

the MIBs are being created by the HUBBOLGISTS and use a lot of hypnosis and drugs, but the damage from the brainwashing makes them susceptable to the same kind of subliminals contained in Project Ringu which BTW only effects autistics, apergers, and epilieptics at this time. (Most people just find the images and subliminals very disturbing and the sub sonics employed raise blood pressure and adreniline in all subjects)

---edit---

anyone got a good name for a Tessla like guy. you know "With magnetic waves I can clear space of those KKVs and tear UKB apart!" - "Erm your notes aren't exactly clear on how this works."

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Verhoven Volta :twisted:
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Holy shit, Coyote! :o :lol:

Makes me feel sorry for Jia. :(

MANG
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Ice
Padawan Learner

Post by Ice »

CmdrWilkens wrote:Its kinda hilarious to me that the OP which started it all gave us the chance to have compeltely aethistic non-superstitious educated folks and in a bid for insanity we all gave ourselves whacked out minorities.
Strictly speaking, the whole Jenova thing was Shroom's idea, and given my country's namesake I kinda got stuck with it.

But it's cool. Instead of the sword-fu wankery everyone wanted, I solved the problem of Kadaj with a sniper's lethal precision. :D
"Honor isn't about making the right choices. It's about dealing with the consequences." - Midori Koto
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Wait. What? WHO ARE YOU?! :shock: :? :P
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Wait. What? WHO ARE YOU?! :shock: :? :P
Isn't it obvious? He's Ice!
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Coiler
Jedi Knight

Post by Coiler »

I have a plan to save Jia's life. It's crazy, but we're dealing with crazy people here. You'll see it in the IC thread.
Visitor of five museum ships.
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

Hum, animal rights activists eh?
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Here's a rough draft of a counter-ultimatum that the Duchy of Langley may issue to the GENITAL:
AN ULTIMATUM TO THE PROVISIONAL ARMED FACTION OF THE GENERAL INTENTION TO ABOLISH LABTESTING ANIMAL RIGHTS GROUP

GIVEN that the General Intention to Abolish Labtesting considers its fellow human beings to be of less value than animals...

GIVEN that the General Intention to Abolish Labtesting is more than willing to resort to criminal actions in order to advance its own agendas...

GIVEN that the General Intention to Abolish Labtesting is also hypocritical in that it is willing to deliberately cause the deaths of thousands, if not millions, of animals simply to make a point...

...IT IS THUS DETERMINED that the General Intention to Abolish Labtesting must restore the natural balance to the world by releasing Miss Jia, consort of King Arik Coyotus-I of the People's Republic of Canissia, and surrendering its members peacefully to Canissian law enforcement officials.

The General Intention to Abolish Labtesting shall pay the price for its transgressions against the state of Canissia and against humanity in general, and who better to judge the GENITAL than those humans who recogize their crimes for what they are and put a stop to the cruelty of their wayward peers through immediate action--

To show that we are serious, we of the Duchy of Langley have interned all members of the General Intention to Abolish Labtesting operating within our borders. The vast majority of these operatives have lengthy criminal records and have already been charged with and convicted of various crimes, such as arson, vandalism, inciting riots, aggravated assault, and attempted murder. The Langley National Police will publically execute one GENITAL operative every hour, on the hour.

If no action is taken within 48 hours to meet these demands, the lives of the remaining GENITAL operatives in our custody will be forfeit.
What do you think?
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

This is insane. It will only cause escalation if they call your bluff and release the virus anyway.

You will then have to murder all those people in your custody or back down.

If you kill them, you're a monster. If you don't, your bluff has been called and you turn out to be blustering with the lives of your own prisoners.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

The operative word being "may," in any case; the ultimatum obviously hasn't been issued yet. Besides, Cornelia's the bloodthirsty one in the family, not Lelouch; though the thought has crossed his mind more than once, he wouldn't resort to such measures, even against outright terrorists.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Wait, they have a virus?

This calls for...........RB-74 combat flight!
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Coiler
Jedi Knight

Post by Coiler »

Beside's PeZook's objections, I don't think the plan will deter them. They're fanatics. My plan at least is holding something more dear to their hearts. :P
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:
PeZook wrote:Consider it done ;)

Though he is a statistician, mind you. This is going to be a boring debate :P
What sort of statistician would know about... physics?!
His theory is based on several trends shifting erratically four years ago for no discernable reason at all (you know, when the entire system stopped being a colletion of fake memories and planted evidence ;) )

There is some strange biological evidence, too, what with Nova Terra bearing a mix of native and Earth plant and animal life with no clear evolutionary lineage and relationships between each other.

So, um...as I've said, it's gonna be a pretty boring debate about graphs :P

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

God damn, we are practically over run with cultists these days!

By the way RogueIce, when should my sub I ordered from you be ready?

Also, what about Indhopal's minesweeper from Byzantium?
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Coiler wrote: If the consort of King Arik is killed or any biological weapon unleashed by you, my military will use all of the wilderness areas of Coilerburg for target practice, and will light whole forests ablaze. Additionally, my Northern Squadron has located a herd of wild animals numbering in the hundreds in Canissia. Should you carry out your insane mission, all of their lives are forfeit.
Uh...so you're going to ruin the natural environment and resources of your island...because a terrorist group threatened to kill a lot of cows? :D

Al-Kaida: We are going to nuke an American city!
Bush: Nyah! I'm gonna nuke that city myself! Hah! That will teach them!

And, um...did you just invade Canissia? :P

Coiler
Jedi Knight

Post by Coiler »

PeZook wrote:
Uh...so you're going to ruin the natural environment and resources of your island...because a terrorist group threatened to kill a lot of cows? :D
No, I'm threatening to kill some of the animals that they love so much. And it's reactive. If they mess up human society, I'll mess up animal society.
Al-Kaida: We are going to nuke an American city!
Bush: Nyah! I'm gonna nuke that city myself! Hah! That will teach them!
It's not like that. If I was going to kill all of Coilerburg's cattle, it would be like that. But I'm not. I'm going for what they love the most. I know this plan is crazy, but we're dealing with crazy people here.
And, um...did you just invade Canissia? :P
No, my Northern Squadron was there for some time. I won't harm any Canissian people.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Coiler wrote: No, I'm threatening to kill some of the animals that they love so much. And it's reactive. If they mess up human society, I'll mess up animal society.
You threatened to burn down entire forests.

That's kinda counterproductive. You're essentially damaging your own society (which is their goal) in an attempt to damage their cause.
It's not like that. If I was going to kill all of Coilerburg's cattle, it would be like that. But I'm not. I'm going for what they love the most. I know this plan is crazy, but we're dealing with crazy people here.
This plan will not work and only cause escalation. Just like when you're fighting partisans: partisans care about the people you have occupied. So...threaten the people, right? This will make the partisans scared.

Doesn't work. It only makes the population madder. These wackos will just rationalize you killing wild animals as proof of your evil, and continue to do their thing.
No, my Northern Squadron was there for some time. I won't harm any Canissian people.
Well, yeah. But common international courtesy would demand you get permission from people before you go desanting armed Marines on their soil :P

After all, what if a Park Ranger sees them, gets scared and does something stupid?

Plus, Canissia may simply not like the plan.

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

So now from Jenovan morons, we now have.. militant environmentalist!?

Time to get to work.
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Hey Shep when did you have time to develop a nuke powered destroyer class vessel? We weren't granted any in the OP (well you could get Kirov's but those are CGNs not DDGNs) and it takes frickin years to get a new ship design launched or even switch out the reactor system in an existing design.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Raj Ahten wrote:God damn, we are practically over run with cultists these days!

By the way RogueIce, when should my sub I ordered from you be ready?

Also, what about Indhopal's minesweeper from Byzantium?
I forgot all about it.

Anyhow, it's finished. Come and pick it up. We built yours together with Coiler's. :oops: It's past mid year and it takes only 3-6 months at most to build it.
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Who the fuck authorized Coiler's men to set foot in Canissia prepare to start killing their puppies and kittens?
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Hey Shep when did you have time to develop a nuke powered destroyer class vessel?
I thought Shep used a nuclear transport but now I re-read it. Yeah, where did htat ship come from? Especially after a god damn nuclear war.

Your industrial potential is 40-50% ruined if not more.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Stas Bush wrote: I thought Shep used a nuclear transport but now I re-read it. Yeah, where did htat ship come from? Especially after a god damn nuclear war.

Your industrial potential is 40-50% ruined if not more.
Uh...didn't he develop CG(N) and DD(N) classes before the nuclear fiasco?

BTW, Stas - I hope you don't mind the bit about OMON troopers being deployed to Korolev?

If you do, I'll edit it out.