SDNWorld Redux: Story Thread the First.

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Landover, Shepistan

The Dominion counterattacks were now expanding outside of the capital region of Shepistan. In the city of Landover M31 Unitary warhead rockets impacted federal buildings and a few went awry into civilian areas.

Elsewhere ATACMS with BAT warheads crashed into Shepistani military camps along the border, destroying several APCs, tanks, and a couple dozen trucks/utility vehicles.

In the Alleghenies conventional Barreled artillary began to engage Shepistani Lines.

An order went out for the ODN to leave port and prepare for wartime operations.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

Economic Interchange Building, Annapolis

"So it's agreed then?"

"Yes, it is." replied the IRT's ambassador. "Two hundred DF-25 firing units plus assorted systems for $3 billion, paid in multi-year outlays, plus exclusive mineral exploitation rights in the disputed provinces worth $2 billion."

"You'll still have to deal with the Kanawha peoples, you realize." replied the Shepistani defense minister.

"Oh, leave that to us and TIM..." replied the Ambassador, a grin on his face.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Army House, Shepistan

"Sir, transmission from Lonestar at the MESS Summit. He offers to back off from further escalations," said Sheppard's aide.

"What does he want?"

"Uh. Payment for one VC-25, four Gripens, 37 Patriots, 84 ATACMs, 20 SM-2s, and 2,000 rounds of 155mm, plus return to status quo."

"Bastard."

Sheppard considered the situation for a moment. This had all exploded out of a bungled missile strike to kill Al-Nitrami; he hadn't counted on a protracted conflict with the Old Dominion for a year or two at best; and this was upsetting all of his plans.

"Fuck. Pay the son of a bitch." he muttered.

As he left the room, he signalled for the head of the ISI to follow him. There was that proposed OPERATION MICHAEL in which the ISI would flood the Old Dominion with tons of pure hashhish grown in the tribal areas....
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Dominion One, Canissa
"Huh. He actually agreed to it." Lonestar said. "He must have known I was about to formally invoke Article 3..."

"Yessir." The aide said. "The Shepistanis are loading cargo aircraft with the monies to be transferred over...the sum they have agreed upon is $4billion."

"Fine." Lonestar said.

NAS Oceana, the Old Dominion
Airman Smucktelli look at the first of the large AN-22s heading towards the base. It sure was going to be a pain in the ass taking all these pallets off...

Wait a sec...

The An-22 wasn't slowing down...

The colossal cargo plane flew over the runway very low, and then the cargo began to fall our. Pallets and pallets of...Susan B Anthony rolls. The pallets smashed onto the runaway, and the cargo plane lifted up and started to turn around the Shepistan. Another was on it's way in for a pass...after all, there were a lot of Susan B Anthonys in $4bil....

"THAT SON OF A BTICH!" Airman Smuckatelli said. As an E-3 he knew exactly who would be given an 'chance to excel' in help picking up all these Susan B Anthonys.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Royal Palace, Orena

"Karol, could you please inform Kamila I want her to take a two-week vacation?"

The King's assistant hesitated for a moment. For whatever reason, his Sovereign seemed...different for the past few days. He's been avoiding Kamila, even though on the eve of a major FUN-SNC conference, there were a lot of decisions to be made.

"Sire? Is this wise? The arrangements for an international visit are not yet complete...with all due respect, we need Kamila to handle them..."

"I know, I know. She's been overworked lately ; I want her to take her overdue vacation, lest she perform a diplomatic faux-pas during the meeting.", the King tried to sound concerned - but the truth of the matter was that he couldn't do this to president Shinra: he couldn't have the person who was once his wife stand there and greet him, not remebering a thing of their life together.

"It shall be done, sire."

"Good. Her assisants can handle all the arrangements."

"Of course, sire.", Karol bowed and left the Royal Office, wondering what this was all about.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Virginia Pilot-Ledger

In wake of conflict, Brickhall re-assesses defense programs
Combat Optics, Inc, announced that they had won a contract to develop a improved version of the ATACMS missile. The MGM-140ER will have a reach of 200 kilometers, a significantly greater reach than the versions used in the recent conflict.

Brickhall also confirmed that they will be replacing destroyed aircraft, and advancing plans to deploy communications satellites and a global navigation satellite system.

“Both systems will be a major point of discussion at the MESS summit”, a Brickhall spokeswoman said.

Raleigh Buisnessweek

Dominion Power to purchase 2 exploratory drilling vessels from Hatteras Shipyards

Dominion Power announced that it will be purchasing 2 large survey/drilling vessels from Hatteras shipyards. The two vessels will likely be used in the disputed Fucklands Islands, part of the Eastern Shore region, a chain of islands in dispute between Shepistan and the Old Dominion.

Commercial Metals, Inc, receives $300mil in “undefined revenues” from War Ministry in 2nd Quarter
In an unusual instance, Corporate Metals, Inc, has shown a $300mil transfer of funds from the War Ministry during the 2nd Quarter. In addition, the corporation’s budget for “facilities security” has increased by 75%, and they appear to be purchasing large numbers of esoteric surveying equipment.

“It’s very odd.” Said an industry analyst “I would chalk this up to Uranium prospecting for the fuel for the 4 new SSNs recently announced, but the equipment being purchased for this kind of work is overkill, to say the least.”
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

North Shepistan Aviation recieves contract for Attack BOMARC

Due to the success of both the Old Dominion's ATACMs and the Shepistani Air Force's BOMARCs during the recent conflict; the Ministry of Medium Machine Building has issued a contract for a specially designed attack version, designated A-13A of the BOMARC.

Atomic Energy Commission issues contracts

The Shepistani AEC has issued contracts to several companies and research institutions for the study of and development of a so-called "Atomic Bomb", which theoretically, could have the explosive force of hundreds, perhaps thousands of tons.

RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

The Shinra Republic VC-25 named Highwind touched down at a military airfield near the Seaside Palace in Canissia. Qucikly and with little fanfare, President Shinra entered the armored limosuine of his motorcase and proceeded to the Palace itself. Within the hour, he would meet with Arik for the first time in this new world.

How odd...I was at the man's funeral, and now here we are meeting together one more.

Elsewhere, the two deployed Battlegroups of the SRN were placed on high alert. BG-2, led by the carrier Ranger was sailing off the west coast of Canissia as added security for the MESS conference. They received orders to go to full alert and position themselves between Canissia and Japanistan, although they were ordered to remain closer to former, so as to look like nothing more than routine sailing. This confused the Battlegroup commander, as he had no idea why the President himself would issue orders directly. Nor did he know why the President would consider Japanistan a threat. Surely they should have been sailing to the New Continent? But orders were orders and so they sailed south. When the news of the ceasefire reached them, they went back north to their original station.

BG-4, with the Independence in the lead had been between the Kingdom of Serenity and the United Kingdom of Zoria when they had gotten orders to sail to the New Continent. However, they hadn't made it far before they received word that the conflict was over. And so they would resume their normal cruise schedule.

On the mainland of the Republic itself, B-1Bs of the SRAF had started the process of a combat alert, preparing for the orders that would come to take the war to Shepistan. But then the stand down orders had been issued. Nonetheless, they would remain at a heightened alert for the next few weeks...just in case.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

State Department to ask for reparations in embassy strike

The Shinra Republic Department of State has sent a formal request for reparations owing to damage done by a Shepistani missile strike against the embassy to the Old Dominion in the recent conflict.

Officials have also stated that given the ceasefire recently negotiated between the Dominion and Shepistan, no further action is likely to be taken with regards to the recent conflict.

MESS defense agreements were not activated on behalf of the Old Dominion.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

Office of the Imperial Armed Forces, Westchester
For the first time since being given the Vineyards, Brandon was optimistic, a major military leader, Field Marshal Sir Frederick Jameson, from Westchester had agreed to meet with him before he began his plane rid up north, to San Dorado and the Conference. “Field Marshal Jameson, I thank you for meeting with me on such short notice,” Brandon Pandered.

“Not at all, King, your presence is welcome, both on this side of the PRSF and on your own,” the military man replied.

“Thank you for brining up the PRSF, I would like to ask you to cease your military operations into their territory,” before the Field Marshal could interrupt Brandon continued, “The destabilizing influence of your troops have both me and my people worried about the region. My intelligence reports indicate that you have forces infringing on the land of the PRSF, which I believe may force either a refugee crisis, or a military imbalance in our region, causing untold catastrophe for all of us.”

The Field Marshal responded thusly, “The point of our military is to secure our borders, even if your reports are accurate, we are merely taking the logical step in protecting our people…”

“The problem is that the incursions are causing panic, which causes instability which causes more panic, leading to a situation in which one of us will bankrupt ourselves fighting, I don’t want that chance to be taken.”

“Well, king, that isn’t yours or my choice to make, it is Emperor Westchester, and he has stated that it is necessary. I believe that you should leave now.”

”Yes, I have a conference to get to, I apologize for the words, Field Marshal, but I feel that they needed to be said. Thank you for your hospitality.”

WVNR - Vinish News Radio

Anchor: Welcome back to WVNR, Vinish News Radio. We have a breaking news story; the Senate has announced the impeachment of twenty to thirty major officials, many from the Monarchist Party. Until the Senatorial elections later this month, the Anarchist party has the slightest of majorities, which may or may not be a good thing. We have expert Joseph Reynolds to determine the repercussions of the new power imbalance.

-/Cut To Next Story/-

Anchor: In international news, the OD/Shepistani War of 2008 has come to an end, hopefully, both sides have agreed to a ceasefire, and all appears to be safe in the Impact Crater Archipelago. Also, the FTO will be holding an open conference in beautiful San Dorado within the next week, showing that international unity is pursued by everyone.
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Joint Radar Development Announced

Defense contractors in Imperial Japanistan , Shepistan and the Incorporated Republic today announced a joint development contract to develop a new, advanced high-powered radar for airborne interceptor aircraft. This radar system is intended to equip frontline interceptor squadrons in all three nations ...

Major Defense Contracts Signed

Following the cessation of hostilities in the Old Dominion and Shepistan, it has been confirmed that major sales of missiles to both powers have been approved by the government. Large-scale airlifts of ballistic missiles to both powers have been in progress for several days as of the writing of this article.

Tonkin International Mining Signs with Shepistan

Major mineral rights have been signed with Shepistan to assist in exploration and exploitation of undeveloped areas within that nation ...
Coiler
Jedi Knight

Post by Coiler »

Presidential 747 en route to San Dorado

President Jeffrey's luxurious plane had taken off and was heading towards San Dorado for the FTO conference. He couldn't enjoy the ride, however, as he was having a talk with the head of the Coilerburg army.

"I just want to tell you that the senior army officers are itching to do something big-maybe you could mention that at the meeting."

"General Helmut, I don't think a 'big operation' a good idea. Haven't they learned from Iler's War, that big operations don't win wars like this?"

"They know that this hypothetical 'big operation' won't end the wars. But they feel that it will be better than these tedious brushfires we've been through for so long. At least it will be better for morale."

"I still don't totally agree with it, but I'll bring it up at the conference."

With that, President Jeffrey hung up and sat back, enjoying a precious bit of relaxation.
Visitor of five museum ships.
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Seaside Palace, Canissia

"My God, man, good to see you again... well, all hale & hearty, that is!" Arik clapped Rufus on the back as he stepped from the plane. "Like old times, eh? Already had a brushfire war while you were in flight! Heraclius in en route; Matt's already here..."

"Is he at the Palace?" Rufus asked as they climbed into the limo.
"Yeah," Arik said, "I think he's trying to remember the blends he used to make Liquid Banjo. Personally, I think it needed something more like After Shock, but that's just me."

It was a short ride to the Palace, and when he got out, Rufus could not help but find it unsettling.
"My God," he said, "It is just like the last one," he said, looking at the Palace. It was, indeed, exactly like the old Palace, which he hadn't seen in almost forty years. In the old game, the Canissian Royal Family moved to their summer palace at Aerelon while waiting for the radiation to die down in their capitol city...

"Oh, it's recreated exactly," Arik assured, "Even the hot tubs. The one on the roof still has some chocolate pudding stains, would you believe it? C'mon in," he said, and they went inside, the various security details tagging along, quiet, out of the way, and businesslike. Inside, a striking, dark-haired woman of Castillian Spanish descent met them. She was in a semi-formal evening gown and smiling broadly.

"Isabelle," Arik said warmly, kissing her on the cheek. "You remember Rufus Shinra, of the Republic?" he said. She held out her hand and a moment of stunned confusion clouded Rufus's face. He recovered instantly, and took her hand and kissed it in old-European gentlemanly style.
"I don't believe I've had the pleasure," Isabelle said sweetly. Arik blinked, unsure if he was mixing up memories.

"Oh, forgive me," he said, "Terribly sorry, I thought for sure you'd already met at... one of the receptions. They all run together after awhile, don't they?" He and Isabelle made polite laughs.
"yes," Rufus said, "So busy," he said, straightening. Arik didn't notice the brief uncomfortable silence that settled over Rufus as a man in Canissian formal uniform approached.

"Sir," the man said, "The President of the Old Dominion has asked for... beer for his horses, I believe it was?"
"It means to make sure his planes are kept fueled in case he has to get back to respond to another Shepnukistani attack," Arik said.
"Of course, sir," the man said, then gave the King an odd look. "I'm sorry, sir, Shep-nuki-stan?"
"Ah, heheh... just my little nickname for that crazy nut," Arik said, "Let's see to it that the Blackrazor Squadron is on alert and have them ready to scramble to Old Dominion as soon as we can arrange a fueler for them," Arik said, "I want to get some top pilots over there on the double if something flares up again."
"Yes, sir," the man said, and left.

"Blackrazors?" Rufus asked, trying to sweep aside the painful question in his mind.
"My small wing of F-22s," Arik said, "Best I have. They should be able to blunt any bomber or fighter force trying to come into Old D territory."
"Let's hope it doesn't come to that," Rufus said.
"Indeed. Now, let's take a look at this new map. Damn," Arik said, as he looked at the giant mapboard in the meeting room. Rufus and Matt got re-acquainted and they all admired the new layout Q had... provided? Or dropped them into?

"Continents," Arik said, "I like it." Inside, another striking young woman was waiting, and she, too sidled up next to King Arik.

"Anything new or interesting, Katerin?" he asked.
"Nothing, Majesty," she said with a smile, "Now that you're here, I'll leave you to your plotting and planning."
"Hon, be a dear and arrange for me to meet with Pezook sometime soon? We're neighbors, after all, I want to get his take on the Chechnya situation... and get with Jia; see if there's anything interesting bubbling up in Japanistan."

"You expect trouble there?" she asked, finding the notion odd.
"No, actually... I just want to know what's up there, and see if we can open relations on the right foot."
"Very well.... see you tonight." She leaned in and whispered a question to him. Arik turned slightly red, and glanced nervously at Matt and Rufus.
"The leopard print will be fine, babe," he said in a whisper, and she smiled and left the room.

"Now, ahh..." he said, "My main idea is to get diplomatic with Skimmer and try to get us started on the right foot this time... and in the meantime, we should continue our research projects..." he looked over at his uniformed aide, who was busy reading a intel file-- "...like before," Arik whispered so the aide wouldn't hear him. "But this new, um, situation will require some new thinking..."
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Imperial Chronicles

The BAM Airbus A380I arrived at the airport and taxied in. The Emperor disembarked with his personal Varangian Guard. The motorcade arrived and brought them to the Cannissian palace.

Along the way, the Emperor asked his adviser, "How goes the talks with Japanistan with regard to the embassy?"

"We are sending an emissary to the Japanistan Emperor. Hopefully, his response will be favourable."

Sighing, they headed for the palace.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

TXAF VC-25

"Shepistan and the Old Dominion aren't shooting at each other anymore? Good. Cancel the bomber missions."

Huang Di sat in silence trying to reorganize his thoughts and memories. He remembered all his life in this world, but there intruded other ones. Ones of living on another Earth, ruler of his land like this one, but much much different. And before that, he was nothing but an enlisted man in what was known as "The World's Greatest Air Force".

He'd soon be meeting more of his friends from that other life, and it felt... strange.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Constantinople Times
A paper produced by Veritas News

Government authorizes new naval construction.

The Government has authorised the construction of 1 Belisarius cruiser (CGN), 1 Basil II class cruiser (CG), 4 Korith class destroyers (KDX-III), 4 Stalwart class frigates(F-100 class), 2 Aegean class submarine (Seawolf), 3 Black Sea class submarine (Type 212), 4 K-130 corvettes and 4 Visby patrol corvettes a year for the next 2 years at least. The new ships will bolster the navy and enable it to perform patrols safeguarding home waters.

The Emperor has also authorised the construction of a new nuclear carrier (CVN-77) to replace the Heraclius which is soon reaching the end of its service life.

The total cost of all the construction is expected to be of the order of 30 billion.

Government awards contract to Byzantine Aeronautics to upgrade existing Tu-160 and build up to 32 more such aircraft

The Government has authorised Byzantine Aeronautics to study a massive upgrade to the Tu-160 and to build up to 32 more such aircraft over the next 2-3 years. The upgrade is expected to include more powerful and efficient engines, improved avionics, improved Electronic Warfare suite which may include use on the battlefield itself, and new fire control sensor suites.

The Government is also studying the possibility of either restarting the Tu-142 production line to produce bombers for strategic bombing missions, in addition to maritime patrol missions.

Imperial Japanistan agrees to the setting up of an embassy

The Divine Emperor of the Chrysanthemum Throne has agreed to allow Byzantium to set up an embassy in Super Mega New Tokyo. The foreign ministry anticipates that this will be the beginning of a relationship between the two countries and hopefully ensure future possible friction between the two empires will be mitigated. It is expected that the two nations would commence talks on a FTA soon.
Last edited by Fingolfin_Noldor on 2008-09-11 05:15am, edited 5 times in total.
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Somewhere in the Canissian Sea

(Stock photo of the SSS Ronald von Reagan and Winston Church Shroom at Comberth Harbor)

The SSS Winston Church Shroom was patrolling in the Canissian Sea, near the Shroomish Channel (but actually south of it). With no international incidents to send navy ships to, the Shroomanian Navy kept its warships near friendly waters and friendly ports.

Nonetheless, the sailors of the Winston Church Shroom kept a watchful eye on the watchful radars and sonars of their vessels, just to keep a watchful eye on things.

Unbeknown to them, the MESS' Battle Group 2 - led by the aircraft carrier Ranger - was heading east. Into the path of the SSS Winston Church Shroom.

"We've got something on radar," said Sailor Seymour Sinestro. "Hrm... woah, we've got a lot of somethings. It looks like an entire battle group."

"What the..." uttered the vessel's captain, Conrad Callahan. "That's not right. Check again. We don't have any of our carrier groups out here..."

"It's not the Murderous, nor is it the Flattop or the Whale."

"Damn! Up our readiness and bring us closer in for a looksee. Let's see who these blokes are."

"Where are you going, sir?"

"I'm going to take a shit. And then I'm gonna phone Farbanti and ask if we're expecting anyone. Then we'll figure out what to do with these bloody upstarts."

The ships of the MESS' BG-2 were mighty. Unmatched warships crewed by the finest seamen on God's green Earth, they were resplendent in the military dominance exuded by the Massive Entanglement of Survivalist States. Led by the carrier Ranger, they sailed through the sun-glistened waters of the Canissian Sea with impunity and purpose. Their masts were upright and erect, and the carrier was flanked by cruisers and destroyers.

"They're MESS ships," Captain Conrad Callahan declared as he emerged from the latrine (or whatever the navy called its shit cans) and settled himself on his command chair. The urgency of the matter meant that he had to go quick, meaning that he had to forgo certain protocols while in the loo. "We don't know if they're Shinran or Canissian, but they belong to the MESS..."

"Why are they coming our way, sir?"

"...they should've knocked... and I should've wiped," Captain Conrad muttered to himself, before realizing that his subordinate had asked him a question. "They're on their way east, to watch Japanistan - Lord know's why they want to look at those psychos. We're supposed to escort them, since they'll be going rather close to Shroomania and, apparently, our high command wants us to go with them and watch Japanistan as well. Lord knows what we want with those psychos."

"What do we do now, sir?"

"I know just the thing..."

The Winston Church Shroom loomed on the horizon, and its heading would bring it close to the MESS battle group. Radio transmissions and emissions were exchanged as the ships neared one another. Compared to the Ranger and the MESS' mighty vessels, the Church Shroom was small, and its compliment of seamen tiny - but the Shroomanian Navy had centuries of experience in oceanic warfare, thus it was not the size that mattered, but how the vessel was used.

The Winston Church Shroom sailed by the flanking cruisers and destroyers of BG-2, going around the flotilla before settling down on a course parallel to them.

The seamen and sailors of the MESS were greeted by an auspicious sight, for on the deck of the Winston Church Shroom, Shroomania's proud men and women had arrayed themselves to salute their Canissian and Shinran counterparts in the proudest traditions of the Shroomanian Navy.

(Just telling you guys, that Shroomania's your goofy neighbor too!)
Last edited by Shroom Man 777 on 2008-08-24 10:23am, edited 1 time in total.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

The Sovereign Shroomanian Sentinel
SHROOMANIA-SIRNOTH SYNCHRONY - SHROOM/SETZER SIGHTSEE?

10 Shrooming Street, residence of Prime Minister Shroom the 777th.

The Shroomanian Parliament has agreed to fund the creation of a Shroomanian Embassy in the Sirnoth Principality, and that potential construction sites are currently being chosen, including a location in Nexus City.

This move to construct an embassy in Sirnoth coincides with the Principality's plans to build its own embassy in Shroomania.

The matter of the Sirnoth embassy was called to attention by Prime Minister Shroom the 777th, who noticed for the first time that Shroomania lacked an embassy in Sirnoth despite the fact that Sirnoth was a nation formerly of the Shroomanian Commonwealth, and that both nations have had amiable relations despite Shroomania's colonial and imperialist past.

For decades, diplomacy between both nations has been conducted solely through consulates.

Prime Minister Shroom the 777th and Sovereign Setzer of Sirnoth are currently also negotiating the potential of Sirnoth's entry into the Free/Fungal Union of Nations (FUN) and the matter of trade relations between Shroomania and Sirnoth. Because of this, there have been plans for a foreign visit by either the Prime Minister or the Sovereign.

The Prime Minister is also scheduled for a visit to Orena, PeZookia for the year's first FUN Conference. While a visit to Nexus City, Sirnoth, is being considered, Shroom the 777th may also get a chance to meet the Sovereign if Setzer also attends the FUN Conference.
Last edited by Shroom Man 777 on 2008-08-24 07:58am, edited 1 time in total.
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

South Western Japanistan
Neo Hitokappu Bay

The bay was formed by Cape Soya, the western most headlands in all of Japanistan, an area of treacherous rocks known to mariners throughout the world. The headland served to almost completely block the view of the bay from the outside waters, and thus despite regular passing merchant traffic, the activities of the small naval base built beside Hitokappu Town were almost impossible to discern from the outside. Only dedicated aerial reconnaissance or a lurking submarine could have yet noticed the concentration of Japanistani amphibious shipping and freighters.

Hitokappu Town itself was already located within a restricted naval reserve, fenced and closed to outsiders, and as the sun rose its citizens awoke to an anchored armada, and streets filled with Tokeitai, the navies own military police branch, besides numerous Special Arm Police plainclothes squads. People with jobs outside the reserve should go home they said, the railway track out of town, and the phone lines had been disabled by sabotage and an investigation was underway. The armada? No one as foolish enough to question it

The closure of the railway out however, seemed to make no difference to incoming trains. Almost nose to tail heavy freight trains thundered into the towns small railway yard before being directed alongside the docks. Some carried shipping containers of benign description, others held heavy military and construction equipment under tarpluns. Several of the freighters docked and began loading equipment and supplies with the aid of heavy cranes. Long Pontoons were brought alongside to be hoisted aboard as deck cargo once the hatches were closed.

On the rocky beaches twenty tank landing ships and medium landing ships came close to shore, but stopped shore of grounding themselves in a hull grinding process that took years off the live of a hull. Instead the purpose of the pontoons became apparent, as they were used in pairs to connect ship to shore. Across the pontoon bridges the men and machines of the 1st and 2nd Hitokappu Force SNLF detachments, roughly regimental highly mixed amphibious mechanized battle groups each, marched aboard.

This was all but the final phase of landing, over the last several days ships had loaded at several different locations. At each location, generally a busy civilian port where nothing would be suspected, they increased in concentration, but generally kept up the appearance of loading normal intercostals military equipment shipments which so often headed to the New Sumatra Special Security Region. That was of course, unless an observer noted that always the amphibious ships and army service freighters steamed to the west on departure.

Some ten hours later as the last machines and men were loaded in the twilight, a signal flashed through fiber optic lines to single the readiness of the naval transport component of Operation UC to set sail. Orders to depart on the next outgoing tide were confirmed within 10 minutes.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Aboard the Il-96 Bort 01 - 10,000m over the CSR.
- Comrade President, - spoke the Secretary of the Tripartite Bureau - a governmental organ designed to work out policies between the three parties contesting the CSR Supreme Soviet. - We are currently wasting a great amount of humanitarian aid and a sizeable military force - as peacekeepers - in the Borders. We aren't yet ready to dictate our will...

- Who said anything about dictating our will? - Stanislav leaned back and touched his beard. Some parts of it were going totally white already. - I was merely paying attention to the dealings of our ideological rivals, the IRT, various Empires and imperialists, and such...

- And?

- Corrupt and arrogant, they must be punshed, - Stanislav laughed, but the phrase was a quote only he could understand. - The IRT's dealings with Shepistan and other shithole nations are disgusting, but to win, we must play on it's field. We will have to assess the possibilities of selling arms to any and all nations or rebel groups, which would uphold the socialist doctrine.

- Are there such groups?

- I would be amazed if there weren't, - Stanislav laughed. - The injustices of the Third World are too great to be ignored by the masses. Therefore, we should work out on the methods of selling our arms to client states. It would allow us to re-invigorate the arms industry, which isn't feeling good for the last Five-Year Plan, and also arm our clients to increase their - and by that virtue, our - influence in the world.

- All that is necessary?

- The rise of one is the demise of another, - the President grinned, and it seemed too ruthless a smile to his companion. - Power is the only thing large nations respect, and I have seen that many times.

Of course, the Secretary could not understand the existence of the XX century Earth, or the old planet of Nova Terra which became a nuclear battleground within just what, five years from it's inception... but Stanislav knew it all.

Not just brutality, but authority. Not bluff, but the ability to act decisively. Not spending money on foreign adventures, but sparing your military and letting the ideology spread serve as the carrier of political influence. Not wasting your resources to control the world, but instead, decisively influencing the world to have the same opinion as you do, and the more nations are with you, the better.

Once in the 1950s, Stanislav recalled, a U.S. journalist wrote that the USSR has no Navy, but the Communist Party and it's ideology spreading through the world are a valid compensation, especially for a poorer nation. The CSR has a Navy, has an ideology, has power and the means to act on the world stage not as a mere observer.

Stanislav was heading for the FUN meeting. His long-time partner Shroom, now turned a rival in charge of the imperial monstrosity which was just a little different from the real British Empire with it's Union Jack crushing people under the never-setting sun... and all the others.

It was time to get a clue on the political realities of today.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Japanistani Embassy, Annapolis

The embassy was an oasis of light in the darkness that was Annapolis following the Old Dominion strikes on the power grid, thanks to it's own generators.

Inside, a grand ball was taking place to celebrate the signing of a new joint research treaty between Shepistan, Japanistan, and the IRT, the United Atomic Research Treaty (UART).

"So, it is agreed then?" asked the Japanistani Minister of Technology to his counterpart.

"Yes. We'll develop fully our proposal for a mobile nuclear power plant so you can exploit the riches of the Untamed Continent without having to ship in diesel fuel all the time."

"The IRT will be more than happy to handle the volume of nuclear waste generated by our joint venture," finished the IRT's Minister of Commerce.
Last edited by MKSheppard on 2008-08-24 04:48pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Imperial Chronicles

The IBNS Justinian patrolled the Mediterranean seas 30km off the coasts of Alexandria. Detailed as a trouble spot, the CVNBG was watchful for any attacks from the Seljuk Caliphate. The Caliphate has proven to be troublesome from the political point of view, and quite frankly, no one was going to be extremely tolerant of any trouble. Their orders were to shoot on sight any ship that refused to respond to any hails.

Off the Arabian Gulf, a taskforce Carthage, which consisted of 1 LHD, the IBNS Carthage, 1 cruiser, 2 destroyers and 4 frigates and 3 corvettes and 2 Visby minesweepers monitored ships passing through the area. They kept their distance from Imperial Japanistan, though 4 submarines, of which one was an Aegean and 3 Black Sea submarines kept silent watch close the Japanistan sea watching for any pirates. The taskforce Admiral was told to keep his distance from Japanistan at all costs.
Last edited by Fingolfin_Noldor on 2008-09-11 10:09pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kreia
Setzer
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Setzer »

Now for the joyous process of selecting an ambassador. Setzer walked from his office to the audience chamber, where he met with the assorted nobility of Sirnoth. Lord Nuillis was among the voices he heard raised in conversation. "My dear Lady Anethga, you look simply radiant tonight. Red velvet makes a wondrous lining, and so much of it? They do say it's cheaper to buy in bulk." In a society where keeping up appearances was the 11th commandment, implying that a purchase was motivated by a need to save money was akin to saying that person ate out of dumpsters.
Lady Anethga replied "Thank you ever so for noticing, my good Lord Nuillis. Velvet feels magnificent, does it not? I bought it from Brinnan's Boutique, they recently sold quite a lot of it." Brinnan's Boutique was a high class clothing store in the capital. Lady Anethga's dress was purchased when the store liquidated its inventory in a Going out of business sale. The owner was a client of Lord Nuillis, and the fact that one of his stores went bankrupt was a public embarrassment for him.

Lord Nuillis refused to show his indignation, but he was doubtless planning another remark to recover the standing he lost in that little tiff. And thrust, and parry, and so on...

Lady Anethga seemed sufficiently coolheaded for a diplomatic mission. Nothing was said about anything so mundane as staffing issues for the rest of the evening, but Setzer would approach her privately and give her the assignment.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Seaside Palace, Canissia

King Arik, Presidents Rufus and Matt Lonestar, and Emperor Heraclius had gathered. The mightiest minds of the MESS, the so-called leaders of the free world, a conglomeration of some of the most powerful nations on the New (New) World.

They discussed. Things, like trade agreements. Mutual protection, and the arrangement of military forces. The state of Shepistan and its never-ending battle against the Old Dominion, and the new place of Japanistan. They spoke, old friends meeting each other for the first time since their previous lives... and their transplantation, their second chance.

King Arik ruminated on his planned visit to PeZookia, Canissia's 'new' neighbor. He had old friends outside of the MESS as well, though he was certain he was forgetting something...

Miss Jia approached him, looking no worse for the wear from her forgotten past life's adventures in dinosaur-infested Zablania. Arik wondered about that... if this new (new) world had dinosaurs and sea monsters also.

"Hi," Arik smiled at her. "Sup?"

"You've got mail," she said sweetly, not just to Arik, but to the various Presidents and Emperors of the MESS. "All of you, I mean."

"Huh?"

"It's from Shroomania," she explained.

"Ah," Arik remembered now, that he was also sharing a border (actually an English Channel) with another old and crazed buddy. Though not crazed in a Shep-way. Crazed in a... good way. "From the Prime Minister, I see."

The parcel was revealed to be a rather large box, filled with copious amounts of mixed chocolates. Shroomania, like Germany, was the land of chocolates - and chocolate mushrooms.

"Niiiice," Arik grinned. There were boxes filled with hundreds of chocolate mini-mushrooms, and he noticed how the back of the boxes also had instructions on how to melt the chocolates and mix them in a bathtub.

There was also a letter, which said:

Hi guys,

Fancy finding all of you in for Round 2, eh? Enjoy the chocolates while they last, since who knows what's gonna go on with
those two. Anyway, they (the chocolates, not Shep and Co.) are a gesture of goodwill - so, here's to hoping for good times ahead! I hope we can continue the amicable and friendly relationship with our nations!

Have fun,
Shroomy

"I think he's trying to kill us," growled Lonestar as he chewed a mouthful of chocolate. "With diabetes."
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

Unmarked Vinish Jet, San Doradan Airspace

Brandon had only a few minutes before his plane would be making her final decent into the City to finish delegating tasks that needed to be done before the beginning of the conference. “Trade Ministry, you have this UART agreement, look over what those maniacs have agreed to do.

"RIS, you have the reports of Socialist protests in the Northern Mountain Regions, look for confirmation, and the demands, adding to our list of social programs is acceptable, fully becoming a Socialist Republic, not so much, so asset the situation. You also should look into the Westchester-PRSF conflicts, get a confirmation of which side of the border it is on, and since you are checking about conflicts, look into Indhopal and Coilerburg, so far neither of them have made any big moves inland, but Coiler held a lot of the continent under his sway before, and Indhopal, from the information I have seen, has been conflicting with the CFR, and I don’t want to be out of the know if that boils over.

"Foreign Ministry, you guys have the biggest list, contact whoever is Federated President this week, and convince them to meet with us to sign a South-western Treaty, you know what, try and get Baerne in on that too, a separate agreement amongst my neighbours might help foster feelings of trust, and hopefully lead towards Operation MADS being more than a dream. Also, contact Shroomainian on the Status of the Commonwealth, is it still functional, or did it fold? Give an official apology to the Westchester government, in regards to my comments about their conflict with the PRSF. See if Pezookia and Canissia will accept ambassadors. Also, see if we can’t assist the farthest along space program, again, think of Operation MADS.”

“Sire, we are landing, please brace yourself.”

Great, Brandon thought, this “vacation” is proving more stressful than just sitting in my office trying to keep Eutopia from bombing me.
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.