SD.net's World OOC/Discussion thread MK II

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Damn I was tired... [edit]... :oops:
Last edited by Coyote on 2008-05-12 08:02am, edited 1 time in total.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Wrong thread mang :P
RogueIce wrote:And for the OMSK and FUN to consider:

I'm asking you to join the MESS in a Mutual Defense Agreement. Should Saddamistan attack any member of the MESS, FUN, or OMSK Pact, all alliances would respond appropriately. This will last for six months, at which point it can either be extended or discontinued, depending on how the Saddamistan/Libertia Crisis goes.
Agreed. Saddamistan shall bring us all together for wuv and hugs!
RogueIce wrote:OMSK and FUN

If you want to help, deploy forces to the north, to protect all of us up there. While we would welcome you here down south, trying to coordinate between various navies that have never worked together before would be problematic. Now is when all of our military exercises will come in handy. :wink:

As soon as we're ready, we'll let you know what our response will be to the situation. As Saddamistan hasn't launched any further attacks, just give it some time.
I'm the biggest FUN military, the only one who can project force overseas, and compared to your combined military mights - I'm small. Nonetheless, I'm sticking my forces to the very periphery, the closest point to Northern Saddamistan - that's Qudlivun.

The FUN also encompasses Zoria, which is also an OMSK nation. So we could work together with that...
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

think I have some subs I could send.

oh and how do you like my solution to my legal problem?

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I... find it inscrutable. :)
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
The Yosemite Bear

I litterially couldn't do jack shit under my laws to them so I kicked them out of my country. now they are out there, but not in my country...

or the plotline

my people pull a "War on Terror" thing, and listen in to just about everybody's cell phone conversations looking for the people we wanted.

unlike the Bush admistration we didn't get away with it. We caught some actual pirates, but the juries found them not guilty, because the evidence used against them was inadmisssible for being illegally obtained.

so unable to charge them again, and any future searches of them would be unconstitutional, being a unitary executive Caesar, I simply declared them exiled, get out of my country.

now one of those groups I exiled happening to be an Assassin/Thuggee cult.....
Last edited by The Yosemite Bear on 2008-05-12 03:14am, edited 1 time in total.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

God... damn.

Do they have ships?
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
The Yosemite Bear

nothing seriously armed at the moment, infact I'm still looking for somewhere to send them, that they won't be too noticed..

Figured that "Brother Tulka" and his lot will probably wind up either in the employee of one of the libertopian Warlords, working for the shadow empire, or pulling a Yojimbo, and quietly depopulating Saddamistan, Libertopia, and the Shadow Empire of all criminals.....

RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Alea iacta est
The die is cast

The MESS has made our move. To the OMSK Pact and FUN: we ask you to lend your hand not just in the defense of your nations, but ours as well. We have commited a large chunk of our forces to the south, to defend Terra Libertia. So now we ask for your help up north, to defend our nations closest to Saddamistan. And should they attack any MESS forces, be they defending the homeland or the border between Saddamistan and Terra Libertia, that you too join us in considering it an Act of War, cassus belli, and respond appropriately.

It is our hope that, seeing he stands alone against the world, Sea Skimmer will not lash out and invite certain destruction, not just for himself but for many others as well, and instead seek the path of diplomacy to resolve this crisis.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Hahah. We shall see what he does. We [me and Byzantium] have currently two carrier battlegroups, all chock full of missiles you need for ABM protection, somewhere around the North of Saddamistan and the Western Ocean.

One CVNG is in the Central Sea, and I set them on a circulation course around Pezookia, Lincolnian Union, Syndromia and Vanaheim.

Of course, if he continues attacks, which he won't be able to do without attacking MESS and FUN forces, I have already detailed that such attacks would mean a war cause.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Then I shall unleash the submarines Yer Mom and Yer Face.

EDIT:

Is it wise to recognize the warlords as sovereign leaders of sovereign nations?
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Shroom Man 777 wrote: Is it wise to recognize the warlords as sovereign leaders of sovereign nations?
Yes. As long as they're "just warlords", they can be totally paranoid. Now, they got a guarantee that the world does care about the situation and won't tolerate more warfare.

This way, they automatically become far more wary when thinking about their rivals: If they attack, will the world come crashing down upon them like a ton of bricks? Or not? So far, we're pretty much united under the opion of "YES!".

Plus, with this massive show of force, the world shows that no, we don't want to screw Libertopia over. In fact, we're ready to risk a lot to help them.

They will notice, and it will make it much easier to help them. Unless Saddamistan decides it wants to kill millions of people with bioweapons and other WMDs for no appreciable gain at all, that is.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I edited my post to include the long-awaited deployment of the Yer Mom and Yer Face.

And, you'll notice in my epic speech, I didn't technically declare that I recognized the warlords :wink:
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Anal-retentive nitpick: Ships don't slide out of drydocks :D

So...will the FUN recognize the warlords? I'm in favor of that motion, but I don't want to issue a statement contradicting the FUN as an entity.

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Eh, it's up to you. I just withheld from directly saying that since... well, to give myself leeway in any horrible future scenario where those Goddamn Libertopians try and fuck us over. I know them.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:nothing seriously armed at the moment, infact I'm still looking for somewhere to send them, that they won't be too noticed..

Figured that "Brother Tulka" and his lot will probably wind up either in the employee of one of the libertopian Warlords, working for the shadow empire, or pulling a Yojimbo, and quietly depopulating Saddamistan, Libertopia, and the Shadow Empire of all criminals.....
I am willing to accept them, but only if they swear loyalty to the emperor. :wink:
I edited my post to include the long-awaited deployment of the Yer Mom and Yer Face.
Those names always make me smile. :D
So...will the FUN recognize the warlords? I'm in favor of that motion, but I don't want to issue a statement contradicting the FUN as an entity
I am in favor as well, they will be easier to control if they are nations.
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

I think me and Fingolfin would only welcome the recognition of warlords as rulers (and in fact powerful UOC lobbies in both nations would be greatly relieved to hear that).

It's up to Bean and Shep, if neither of them votes against recognition of Libertian warlords as rulers, they are recognized.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
The Yosemite Bear

I guess you can have "Brother Tulka" working for you, they are a religous and monastic order, so give them a small abbey, let them shave their heads, and go forth and kill the wicked...

I don't know if they tattoo barcodes on their followers or not, I hope they have better sense then to do that....

mostly though they are damn thurohgh at not leaving any evidence that can be traced back to them. The original Assassins were big on public Display, the Thuggee had the smarts to hide bodies. so as a result the current Assassin/Thuggee sect, tends to either make it look like Scuicide/accident, or a high profile hit, in a public place, where the weapon is found completely cleaned/steriled and no one ever sees who did it, or the brother is found very dead. <they carry their own means of killing themselves, and they don't have much in the way of ID thats real>

PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Eh, it's up to you. I just withheld from directly saying that since... well, to give myself leeway in any horrible future scenario where those Goddamn Libertopians try and fuck us over. I know them.
Hah! But that's the real genius of this move!

Before, if we had, say, pirates operating from Libertopia, the Sultan or Ramsley could just shrug and say "Well, we're not exactly a country. What can we do?".

And now, they instantly become responsible for things like the Astoria Hostage Crisis. And since they're reponsible, they become a target if they piss off some of us to the point of military action.

They chose that themselves by going onto the international scene, too.

EDIT: Plus, what can we realistically do? Keep them in limbo indefinitely? All power ultimately came from despotism ; Europe just had semi-stable rulers for more than three thousand years, so they got more and more refined, while Libertopia just plain went back to merry tribal times.

Despotism is better than no government at all.

General Deathdealer
Padawan Learner
Location: In a Thunderhawk enroute to the Blood Angels Battle Barge

Post by General Deathdealer »

Bean,
Looking at the figures I had for the Hyper-Velocity Gun, I noticed that I put the numbers in the wrong positions. The 170Mw of power is the output. The Input is more power than I can produce. I am taking the Hyper-Velocity Gun back. It is still on the drawing boards pending the ability to produce around 9Gw of power. My bad. :oops:
"Don't fuck with The Mess. Unless you've been there, done that, and have the t-shirt, shut your cakehole." - Me
"By the Blood of Sanguinius" - Blood Angels Battlecry
"The enemies of the Emperor fear many things. They fear discovery, defeat, despair and death. Yet there is one thing they fear above all others. They fear the wrath of the Space Marines." - Anonymous
"This can't be good" - Sherriff Jack Carter
The Yosemite Bear

note I was more correct then I originally thought. The Thuggee were an Islamic/Hindu Hybrid sect to begin with, possibly descendant from the Original Hassheshin/Assassins....

So Tulka's followers are possibly closer to a Thuggee/Hitman Organization group...

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Stas Bush wrote:I think me and Fingolfin would only welcome the recognition of warlords as rulers (and in fact powerful UOC lobbies in both nations would be greatly relieved to hear that).

It's up to Bean and Shep, if neither of them votes against recognition of Libertian warlords as rulers, they are recognized.
I'm in favour, including the sultan as well. Though he hasn't said much has he? :?
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote: I'm in favour, including the sultan as well. Though he hasn't said much has he? :?
He's kinda busy right now, to be honest ;)

But I guess having 6 MESS carriers off his shore declaring they will defend him will make him a bit relieved.

Ironically enough, the people he's declared Jihad against are now de facto defending him. Somebody with assets in Libertia should use this to pressure him to call off the Jihad.

Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

PeZook wrote: Somebody with assets in Libertia should use this to pressure him to call off the Jihad.
I could suggest it to him, through ProTec, but I'm not sure he'd listen to me any more than anyone else. Just because ProTec has around 2,000 security contractors to his South may not mean much.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Raj Ahten wrote: I could suggest it to him, through ProTec, but I'm not sure he'd listen to me any more than anyone else. Just because ProTec has around 2,000 security contractors to his South may not mean much.
The FUN could fly in diplomats and intelligence agents to meet him. It's likely he'll talk to us - he has a grudge against the MESS and the OMSK, but probably not the FUN. While PeZookia didn't like your little stunt with bombing Ramsley's ports, I guess pragmatic concerns will have to take precedence here.

Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

I've recognized the Libertopian states, primarily for the reasons PeZook already stated.
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon