SD.Net World Redux Comment Thread IV

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Zor
Sith Acolyte

Re: SD.Net World Redux Comment Thread IV

Post by Zor »

I see no problem with Wilkonia dropping by at the Pacifica conference.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Shinn Langley Soryu: Yeah the prices are fine. Usual goodies like training and so forth gets thrown in. Also, I will add that the order will take 2-3 years to complete. The Tu-142 is out of production but I can bring that back online (or buy airframes from CSR And refit them). All other aircraft are in production now.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

THE BILL

WIlkonia

48 x AH-1Z Viper
72 x SH-60R Seahawk
24 x SH-60S Seahawk
108 x UH-60M Black Hawk
[total cost of all helicopters: $7.75 billion]
4 x AC-130V Heavy Plus
4 x C-130J Super Hercules
[total cost of all fixed-wing aircraft: $1.1 billion]

Total: $8.85 billion, paid over seven years (installments of $1.26 billion/year)

Tian Xia

48 x A-7L Corsair II [$624 million total]

Total: $624 million, lump sum

Byzantium [FINALIZED]

64 x Eurofighter Typhoon Tranche IV (48 x single-seater, 16 x double-seater) [trade-in deal for F-16E/F Fighting Falcon] [$1.92 billion total]
12 x Tupolev Tu-22BM [$480 million total]
16 x Tupolev Tu-142 [$640 million total]

Total: $3.04 billion, lump sum

============

A few final questions:

CmdrWilkens: $8.85 billion, split over seven years. How about I just pay both the initial down payment and the Year 1 deposit now, pay the deposits for Years 2-4 as they are, and pay the final settlement alongside the Year 5 deposit when the last of the CH-53Ks finally come in? Would that sound good?

Beowulf: How much would it cost for a license to produce additional A-7Ls in my own factories?
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

BTW, Wilkens asked me for perliminary outline for FASTA launch capacity, so here it goes:

Current

8K series (R-7 family): 1.5 tonne to LEO
11K series (R-7 family): 6 tonnes to LEO
Lucrelance IIA: 9 tonnes to LEO

By 2015

11A series (R-7 family): 10 tonnes to LEO
Lucrelance III: 22 tonnes to LEO

By 2016

Saturn I: 9 tonnes to LEO, 2.2 tonnes to TLI

By 2017

Saturn IB: 15 tonnes to LEO

By 2018

Saturn III: 60 tonnes to LEO ; Moon rocket

By 2019

Energia: 120 tonnes to LEO

By 2020
Energia/Vulkan: ~200 tonnes to LEO

Green is operational in the time period, red is "final flights in time period"
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Shinn Langley Soryu wrote:Beowulf: How much would it cost for a license to produce additional A-7Ls in my own factories?
Same as for Karmic: $50 mil or $1 mil/plane, whichever is greater. Oh, and the bill for all of this goes to LTVR.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Ding, motherfuckers! A comprehensive list of planned Soyuz flights fer you.

And we come back to the issue of who should be the first man on the moon :D

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

There's still my deep space probes...
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:There's still my deep space probes...
Oh! Yeah! I'll append the bulletin shortly

Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

Hey, SeigeTank? Spectres are high-mach recon planes, not interceptors. I suppose you could try to tack a few missiles on with some clever thinking, but really, they just aren't designed for that sort of mission.
SDN Worlds 5: Sanctum
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Ryan Thunder wrote:Hey, SeigeTank? Spectres are high-mach recon planes, not interceptors. I suppose you could try to tack a few missiles on with some clever thinking, but really, they just aren't designed for that sort of mission.
If Skunkworks can develop an SR-71 and an YF-12 from the same plane, I bloody well can develop an YF-12 from an SR-71. And for my next trick, I'll develop a strike version too :).
Last edited by Siege on 2008-12-15 03:28pm, edited 1 time in total.
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

What for?

Seriously, what for? You can buy purpose-designed Mach 3 interceptors from the SNC. They're called the Mig-31, and we're making fuckloads of those :P

Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

PeZook wrote:What for?

Seriously, what for? You can buy purpose-designed Mach 3 interceptors from the SNC. They're called the Mig-31, and we're making fuckloads of those :P
For that matter, I make MiG 31's.
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

PeZook wrote:Seriously, what for? You can buy purpose-designed Mach 3 interceptors from the SNC. They're called the Mig-31, and we're making fuckloads of those :P
Because I think I can make good money from selling those planes, which I won't if I buy 'em from you guys. I could've waited for FASTA to develop a booster rocket too, instead I developed Lucrelance and made good money off it (some of it by licensing the design to FASTA, no less :D). I could buy pretty much anything I need from the Great Powers, but I'd rather not if I can help it.

That aside, I bought the entire factory primarily because it manufactures fancy hybrid jet engines. The technical expertise required to fabricate variable cycle turbojet/ramjet engines I believe is vital to developing my ultimate goal and dream: a functioning jet/ram/scram/rocket. SSTO, baby!

PS: And I don't think the MiG-31 beats the SR-71 in terms of raw speed, either.
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

So, Siege, can Gizmonic work with Ralson to create Goddamn Fucking Continent Brand Carrier Aircraft?
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Yeah, except the Lockheed (Tian-Xia) has gained approval to sell F-12s to other countries. Of course, the price is a bit steep, but not much different from a F-22. That said, it's probably time to do more with Blackswift :P.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Karmic Knight wrote:So, Siege, can Gizmonic work with Ralson to create Goddamn Fucking Continent Brand Carrier Aircraft?
Certainly- what kind of aircraft were you thinking of though? Ralson Aerospace already manufactures the Rafale-M, though I guess there might be a market for a Super Etendard/A-5 Vigilante type of aircraft.
Beowulf wrote:Yeah, except the Lockheed (Tian-Xia) has gained approval to sell F-12s to other countries.
Whatever do you mean to say by that? Buying aircraft from you doesn't get me the technical expertise to construct those engines myself, buying the factory does. Furthermore, you selling the aircraft to other nations only proves that there's a market for them, e.g. there's profit to be made. And finally, like I said before, I don't buy from Great Powers unless I absolutely have to. Particularly when that Great Power is Tian Xia, who still haven't gotten back to me on that inquiry concerning the future of Tian Jiao ;).
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Shinn Langley Soryu wrote: CmdrWilkens: $8.85 billion, split over seven years. How about I just pay both the initial down payment and the Year 1 deposit now, pay the deposits for Years 2-4 as they are, and pay the final settlement alongside the Year 5 deposit when the last of the CH-53Ks finally come in? Would that sound good?
Truth be told I don't mind either way :D I put he number out there to give you a baseline. You've got good credit so you can either pay over 7 years, lump sum everything upfront or you could do something in between.

The other thing I'm willing to do is let your guys start an exchange program to start familiarizing themselves with the next gen stuff (AC-130V and CH-53K in paticular). I mean you could just buy the simulators from me and do it yourself but that's a whole chunk of extra change on top of the parts orders that would be a subsidiary contract. So long story short your pilots can come train with mine a few at a time if you like.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

PeZook wrote:BTW, Wilkens asked me for perliminary outline for FASTA launch capacity, so here it goes:
<snip>
Green is operational in the time period, red is "final flights in time period"
Cool, it looks like the MSA will have a crapload more heavy booster capacity until around 2019/2020 when you get the Energia fully up and running while I am waiting on the Ares V to finish certification which wouldn't be until 2022. So at that point you'd have the biggest rocket until you get leapfrogged, right about that time is when either of us could, theoreticlly put somewhere in the 50-60 tonnes range into TLI.

I'm partial to the current theory of staging some equipment at Earth Moon L1 but that would be something on the order of mission planning circa 2018+ timeframe. Oddly enough since Coyote is putting the money in NOW to develop the lunar landers, crew modules, etc we are in the weird place that the landing tech will be sitting around waiting a few years for boosters big enough to get it there. The plus being that Canisia can run a shitload of stress tests on the system to capture as many bugs as possible.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Zor wrote:I see no problem with Wilkonia dropping by at the Pacifica conference.

Zor
Cool, like I said I'm just gonna send observers who will be there to hawk WIlkonian merchandise, stir support for BIOCOM and generally wine and dine themselves on the government's dime.

For everybody:

RE: BIOCOM

I figured the problme wouldn't so much be that nobody offered facilities btu rather EVERYBODY offered facilities with the hope of getting prestige out of it. I'm personally footing a good chunk of the upfront costs because I happened to host the conference and I'd be happy to host but the final site needs to be agreed upon by all of us (since we're all voting member) and no I'm not going to post a vote poll on it :D.

-Kingdom of Heaven
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Master_Baerne wrote:

For that matter, I make MiG 31's.
Not MiG-31Ts. :P Only those go MACH 3.2 and above.
Kreia
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Beowulf wrote:
Shinn Langley Soryu wrote:Beowulf: How much would it cost for a license to produce additional A-7Ls in my own factories?
Same as for Karmic: $50 mil or $1 mil/plane, whichever is greater. Oh, and the bill for all of this goes to LTVR.
I figured as much; I just wanted confirmation. $50 million it is, then.
CmdrWilkens wrote:
Shinn Langley Soryu wrote: CmdrWilkens: $8.85 billion, split over seven years. How about I just pay both the initial down payment and the Year 1 deposit now, pay the deposits for Years 2-4 as they are, and pay the final settlement alongside the Year 5 deposit when the last of the CH-53Ks finally come in? Would that sound good?
Truth be told I don't mind either way :D I put he number out there to give you a baseline. You've got good credit so you can either pay over 7 years, lump sum everything upfront or you could do something in between.

The other thing I'm willing to do is let your guys start an exchange program to start familiarizing themselves with the next gen stuff (AC-130V and CH-53K in paticular). I mean you could just buy the simulators from me and do it yourself but that's a whole chunk of extra change on top of the parts orders that would be a subsidiary contract. So long story short your pilots can come train with mine a few at a time if you like.
Half now, half next year so I won't have to worry about it too much.

An exchange program sounds excellent. Consider the first of my pilots sent as soon as possible.

ImageImageImage
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

SiegeTank wrote:
Ryan Thunder wrote:Hey, SeigeTank? Spectres are high-mach recon planes, not interceptors. I suppose you could try to tack a few missiles on with some clever thinking, but really, they just aren't designed for that sort of mission.
If Skunkworks can develop an SR-71 and an YF-12 from the same plane, I bloody well can develop an YF-12 from an SR-71. And for my next trick, I'll develop a strike version too :).
Well fuck me sideways. I didn't even know those existed. :?

Since its your development, you should use a different name or designation to avoid confusion. Just my 2 cents.

I'll buy a wing or two off you for S&G when I have some excess capital. :P

Sorry, YF-12s just have more awesome.

They look kickass, too. :D
SDN Worlds 5: Sanctum
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Ryan Thunder wrote:Sorry, YF-12s just have more awesome.

They look kickass, too. :D
And way too expensive for your nation to fly more than 2 squadrons.
Kreia
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

THE BILL

WIlkonia [FINALIZED]

48 x AH-1Z Viper
72 x SH-60R Seahawk
24 x SH-60S Seahawk
108 x UH-60M Black Hawk
[total cost of all helicopters: $7.75 billion]
4 x AC-130V Heavy Plus
4 x C-130J Super Hercules
[total cost of all fixed-wing aircraft: $1.1 billion]

Total: $8.85 billion, paid over two years (installments of $4.42 billion/year)

Tian Xia [FINALIZED]

48 x A-7L Corsair II [$624 million total]
License for local A-7L production [$50 million total]
12 x F-12L Habu [$1.92 billion total]

Total: $2.59 billion, lump sum

Byzantium [FINALIZED]

64 x Eurofighter Typhoon Tranche IV (48 x single-seater, 16 x double-seater) [trade-in deal for F-16E/F Fighting Falcon] [$1.92 billion total]
12 x Tupolev Tu-22BM [$480 million total]
16 x Tupolev Tu-142 [$640 million total]

Total: $3.04 billion, lump sum

ImageImageImage

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

F/A-18Fs probably would be a better bet than Typhoon Tranche IVs.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."