STGOD 2k8 Planning thread

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

so it ISN"T Dead, freaking sweet.

Im preety sure DarkEvil is still in things, if we can get Neph to return, the three of us in the north can continue to keep things "Interesting"

Which reminds me, Expect the Giatn Kushawni Mothership soon.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

Personally, since we have a lot of "ghost" factions, I think we should put out a roll call to see who's still playing. Give it two or three weeks, then either remove the given power from the game entirely (perhaps in the case of powers that only have a name), or make them NPCs and distinguish them as such on the map.

What do you guys think?
Last edited by Tanasinn on 2008-03-29 09:23am, edited 1 time in total.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

This STGOD started with less then half the amount of the last Space STGOD.. Even though That one fizzled it was several times more active than this one. Thsi one has sadly been hanging by a shoestring from the beggining. We hounestly need to have a concintrated effort to bring as many people back into this as possible, even to the point of recruiting new players.
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

I've been swamped to hell, and still am quite busy on break. I've got an issue though, certainly not aimed at Darkevilme. I'm just thinking we need to make things way more structured. We need actual active admins, mods determining things that are in specific player's interests. Like battle modifiers, who can do what and when, etc. Else it really becomes a bit too arbitrary.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Thus far we've been able to avoid probles mostly due to agreeing to much of battle before hand.. This solves a lot of problems for small things, especially since "battles" have been happening at a slow pace, and give most of us time to work things out.

If things begin to pick up, we will indeed need more active mobs to make rulings on things.
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

Tanasinn wrote:As far as I know, new players can jump in when they feel like it. It's a big galaxy, after all.
Great, I've been wanting to get in on an STGOD for a while now (and have utterly failed at starting one on another board several times) so I'll probably have my stuff together soon.

Just for my information first:

1. About how long were the Earlier Times and the Final Wars?

2. Would it be in poor taste (err, maybe lame is more the word) if my faction were pretty much "fresh off the colony ship"?

3. Where should I go about posting my faction's info (I know about OOBs, but I don't know what the deal is with the background threads, ect.)
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
GALE-Force: Guardians of Space!
"Rarr! Rargharghiss!" -Gorn
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

I know your sensors don't total up enough to see through the ship's stealth rating, but is it close? If you're within, say, two or three points below it, I'd say go for some sensor shadows and so forth, just to make it interesting. Not enough to pin down the position, of course; I spent the points on that S for a reason ( :P ), but enough to make it so you're not just sitting there.

I'll make a post poking around some more when I get back from work.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

I've also been swamped to hell, and my writer's block has proven to be quite persistent.

However, I think I now know the next stop for the Haruhiist expeditionary fleet. It's an adventure, right? Right? :twisted:
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

Believe me when I say we'll be ready for you, theist dog. :wink:
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

One more thing: I have made a map of my nation, for the use of any further invaders or explorers. My map is oriented in the same manner is the galactic one.
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

I think we should get new mods, since the old mods are not playing anymore.

I would like to suggest myself, as after covenant, I have put a lot of work into fleshing out the fluff of this STGOD (I still have a few dozen weapon systems, planes, and smaller 0 point ship fluff in notebooks lying on my floor) and would like to write a bunch of historical tidbits for the Empire, but have tried to avoid stepping on toes to this point.

I also think we should role call. I don't think Nit is playing anymore at all (what with being sick and stuff), Academia mostly dropped out to play DH, which leaves both me and thirdfain in a lurch.
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Dark Hellion wrote:Academia mostly dropped out to play DH, which leaves both me and thirdfain in a lurch.
Thats the biggest let down really.. I mean, half the reason I got so excited about this STGOD was purely to read the adventures of the Great Metal Karnage!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

Rogue 9 wrote:I know your sensors don't total up enough to see through the ship's stealth rating, but is it close? If you're within, say, two or three points below it, I'd say go for some sensor shadows and so forth, just to make it interesting. Not enough to pin down the position, of course; I spent the points on that S for a reason ( :P ), but enough to make it so you're not just sitting there.

I'll make a post poking around some more when I get back from work.
If you consider my planetary sensors (+1 C3 by default), I'm within 1 point. :wink:
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

I've posted my response, Rogue 9, and have also put a blurb on Lenaard, the commander of the docked battleship, in the character thread.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

So, I sent out three other stealth ships without named destinations. Who else wants something to do? :D
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

And thusly, I await permisison to dump my reinforcements on the situation in Makay.
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

The hilarious thing is that this really is a purely exploration mission. :lol: It's tempting to see what the good Admiral's reaction would be if Vanada were to say "Fuck it," and hail the fleet. :P
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

Admiral Lenaard's the suspicious type, but not the violent type. :P

You could expect him to be annoyed to find a scout ship sneaking around an agri-world, but he's not the type to frag anyone out of hand. (Nor are most commanders in the Union navy, provided you're not a pirate or a smuggler, though the latter can often expect to be boarded, pillaged, and arrested rather than popped straight out.)

Feel free to hail them, if you'd like. I'll probably have another post up dealing with the Union forces' continuing search if you don't beat me to further posting.
Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

Rogue 9 wrote:So, I sent out three other stealth ships without named destinations. Who else wants something to do? :D
If I get my faction's shit together soon, one of them could be sent my way maybe? (wherever that ends up being)

I think it'd work better if my faction didn't come completley out of nowhere.
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
GALE-Force: Guardians of Space!
"Rarr! Rargharghiss!" -Gorn
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

You're probably going to have to hail my side first, Rogue 9, seeing as the probe is also constructed out of covert materials and even if I were to mention "receiving a signal," that'd be as far as my post could go.
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

It lives?!

I am still here and in this thing, i just decided to you know lurk and do my patient like the mountain impersonation.
STGOD SDNW4 player. Chamarran Hierarchy Catgirls in space!
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Tanasinn wrote:You're probably going to have to hail my side first, Rogue 9, seeing as the probe is also constructed out of covert materials and even if I were to mention "receiving a signal," that'd be as far as my post could go.
I'm aware; just wanted to see if that would prompt you to detect more sensor ghosts. :P Just edited in the hail.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Darkevilme wrote:It lives?!

I am still here and in this thing, i just decided to you know lurk and do my patient like the mountain impersonation.
Well dont wait too long, ive got 5km worth of starship to drop into the mix at Makay!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Well first we have to see what Nephtys's wants are with regards to that running battle we're having. We could have it resolved off camera if she's being buried in hassle and cant post a back and forth.

also 5 kilometers, yeep.
STGOD SDNW4 player. Chamarran Hierarchy Catgirls in space!
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

I am wondering if we should get a role call, declare those who don't respond to be NPCs until they come back/whatever and maybe go on a recruiting round. I would like to see this move, even if we have to go through a restarting process for a bit. I was, and am still exited about getting to play, but its looking like this is going to crash and burn unless we get a few more regular participants.
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!