SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread I

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Re: SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread I

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

The only clue there was the Dominion/Suns of Korhal logo, aside from that it looks like Neil Armstrong's pulling some guy out of some hole. Is that from a level in Metroid? :P
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

I think we all know what Imperator-class Star Cruisers look like, yes? :D
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Post up!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :twisted:

*loads a track from the Star Wars Episode 4 score*
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:
Simon_Jester wrote:That's true. Lonestar has a much better claim to be the Terran Confederacy or its successor states than the Bragulans do.
*IGNORES*
What? They're southern aristocratic hicks-with-delusions-of-grandeur; you're a bunch of Juche-obsessed bears-with-delusions-of-grandeur...
That said, the look of Terran battlecruisers, the blocky, brutalist school of naval design, suits them marvelously.
I KNOW! Doesn't it just! And in page 7, I also basically claimed Terran Wraiths for Bragulan fighters! :D
Now, the Wraiths I'm not so sure about. They're not blocky and brutalist enough for proper Bragulan ships.
I need to make an image of my capital ships; God knows I'll never find one online...
What kind of aesthetics are we talking about? I've been searching for ship pics for a couple of days, but most of them weren't ugly enough to be Bragulan. :lol:
I imagined the design myself. For the lighter ships I could find something, since they're fairly standard turret/torpedo designs, but for the heavy beam-armed capital ships, well let me quote my Wiki page:
Whereas the USSF's light warships are traditional, the design of most of its capital ships dating back to the Jaggan War is a radical departure from galactic norms. With the exception of fleet carriers, Umerian ships use an extremely long and spindly central hull, connected to a radially symmetric set of outriggers. The ships' long moment arm for lateral thrusters gives them excellent maneuverability, but once the deflector screens are brought down they suffer badly from a lack of structural strength.
The closest example of a ship that looks sort of like I have in mind is the older Earthling Cruiser designs from Star Control:

This isn't quite right, but it's close. To get it really right, add a second set of four outriggers sticking up, making the design radially symmetric. Then dismount the saucer on the bow, and replace it with a circular plate mounted perpendicular to the long axis; that's the bow armor. The central hull is wrapped around the main battery particle cannon; the sublight maneuvering thrusters are placed in the outriggers, and when the ship is shooting at the enemy, the bow plate absorbs most enemy fire, protecting the ship's systems.

The point being that since I made up this design concept myself, I can't expect to find a picture of it online.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Well, now 'Zook and I will be collaborating for a bit. So expect things to maybe get slow as we have to exchange PMs and stuff. If only he'd get an IM service of some sort. :P 8) :mrgreen:

PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Steve wrote:Well, now 'Zook and I will be collaborating for a bit. So expect things to maybe get slow as we have to exchange PMs and stuff. If only he'd get an IM service of some sort. :P 8) :mrgreen:
I constantly transfer between three different computers, and usually can't commit all that much time in one sitting, so IM quickly becomes a pain in the ass :D

That said, I'll try to be quick.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Bah, and I thought for sure someone would comment about the "Oh shit, there's a Collector Monolith at Pendleton?!" bit. :P

PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Steve wrote:Bah, and I thought for sure someone would comment about the "Oh shit, there's a Collector Monolith at Pendleton?!" bit. :P
Perhaps we overdid it, and they went "No shit" instead of "oh shit" :P

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

PeZook wrote:
Steve wrote:Bah, and I thought for sure someone would comment about the "Oh shit, there's a Collector Monolith at Pendleton?!" bit. :P
Perhaps we overdid it, and they went "No shit" instead of "oh shit" :P
That'd be your fault then, since you had to drop all those hints. :P

TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

"trying to find the building they new housed the Order's "chapter" on the planet"
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Oh no... my finger didn't press "k". Such a horrible catastrophe, I shall never write again! :P

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Simon_Jester wrote:What? They're southern aristocratic hicks-with-delusions-of-grandeur; you're a bunch of Juche-obsessed bears-with-delusions-of-grandeur...
An architectural thesis should be made on the influence of delusions-of-grandeur in parallel design philosophies!
Now, the Wraiths I'm not so sure about. They're not blocky and brutalist enough for proper Bragulan ships.
How about flimsy unaerodynamic supposedly high-maneuverability expendable/disposable fighters?
I need to make an image of my capital ships; God knows I'll never find one online...
What kind of aesthetics are we talking about? I've been searching for ship pics for a couple of days, but most of them weren't ugly enough to be Bragulan. :lol:
I imagined the design myself. For the lighter ships I could find something, since they're fairly standard turret/torpedo designs, but for the heavy beam-armed capital ships, well let me quote my Wiki page:
Whereas the USSF's light warships are traditional, the design of most of its capital ships dating back to the Jaggan War is a radical departure from galactic norms. With the exception of fleet carriers, Umerian ships use an extremely long and spindly central hull, connected to a radially symmetric set of outriggers. The ships' long moment arm for lateral thrusters gives them excellent maneuverability, but once the deflector screens are brought down they suffer badly from a lack of structural strength.
The closest example of a ship that looks sort of like I have in mind is the older Earthling Cruiser designs from Star Control:

This isn't quite right, but it's close. To get it really right, add a second set of four outriggers sticking up, making the design radially symmetric. Then dismount the saucer on the bow, and replace it with a circular plate mounted perpendicular to the long axis; that's the bow armor. The central hull is wrapped around the main battery particle cannon; the sublight maneuvering thrusters are placed in the outriggers, and when the ship is shooting at the enemy, the bow plate absorbs most enemy fire, protecting the ship's systems.

The point being that since I made up this design concept myself, I can't expect to find a picture of it online.
I'd suggest looking at Chris Foss' design. They're all acid-trippy 70s-era paperback sci-fi book cover drawings. Even if it's not exactly right, it's still zany enough to put on a post! :D
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:I'd suggest looking at Chris Foss' design. They're all acid-trippy 70s-era paperback sci-fi book cover drawings. Even if it's not exactly right, it's still zany enough to put on a post! :D
Well, maybe. None of them look right to me- too trippy, or too "big brick with turrets and engines glued on." Which just doesn't work for me; I had the idea for the ship design before I had anything else, so I don't feel right putting up just anything.

Of course, all bets are off for the light cruisers and such, because they're more "big brick with engines and turrets glued on" than the capital ships...

Part of me wants to throw the damn things together in 3D CAD software; it'll take a while and the lighting will be shitty, but at least I might be able to describe the shape...
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

SIMON:

???
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:SIMON:

???
Well... compare that to the Earthling Cruiser. The ship you posted is a nice thick flattened cylinder, and the outriggers are very small. Whereas the Earthling Cruiser has large outriggers. Also note the conspicuous lack of the "bow plate" I described; that's fairly important to my design scheme because it keeps enemy fire from ripping long gashes in the core hull when it's fighting the enemy bow-on.

EDIT: You know, I could do worse than a an edited image of an Earthling Cruiser...
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

THANAS why are you writing SHROOMDROMEDA? Well, at least the neutron bomb killed Kevin Shroombo.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

Unfortunately I am going to be delayed until tomorrow with my promised conclusion, the party lasted longer than I expected.
the engines cannae take any more cap'n
warp 9 to shroomland ~Dalton
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

On my way to bed (Just as 'Zook woke up too, heh), also my last two posts are to set things up for two other storylines I had in mind.

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

You're IMing with PeZook? What's his add?

Damn, your lesbian Jedi are really horny. They should have a reputation of being like that! Oh, they so will in the Sovereignty! In the USS, there'll be so many naughty... holograms depicting that! :D

Imagine the senareos!

"Ebon Blade girl, you've been so naughty!"

"Punish me, Silver Moon girl!"

"Oh! Oh!"
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Steve wrote:On my way to bed (Just as 'Zook woke up too, heh), also my last two posts are to set things up for two other storylines I had in mind.
Time zones are a bitch, eh? :D

Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Damn, your lesbian Jedi are really horny. They should have a reputation of being like that! Oh, they so will in the Sovereignty! In the USS, there'll be so many naughty... holograms depicting that! :D

Imagine the senareos!

"Ebon Blade girl, you've been so naughty!"

"Punish me, Silver Moon girl!"

"Oh! Oh!"
I see a thriving market niche for galactic porn.

"Ebon Blade Love Slave #14"
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Coyote wrote:I see a thriving market niche for galactic porn.

"Ebon Blade Love Slave #14"
You may have hit upon part of how the Ebon Blade funds itself.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Yes! I can see it!

"I loved a Bragulan"

"The Collector abduction"

"Jenna does Chamarra 5"

Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Entire diplomatic disputes and border incidents have arisen between the Imperium and the Sovereignty after Caine Adult Entertainment published a holovid titled 'Carnal Lusts of the Imperial Court', in which actors portraying the God-Emperor and some of his closest confidantes are seen to be engaging in lascivious activities. :D
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Its all good until someone comes up with the idea of Karlack tentacle porn. :lol: