EmbracerOfDarkness whines about Q(Split from PSW)

Only now, at the end, do you understand.

Moderator: Moderators

brianeyci
Emperor's Hand

Post by brianeyci »

I used to think it was a really big deal whether or not Q used technology. It isn't, really. Even if it is magic you can still measure and make predictions. He can travel X light years in Y seconds, he can disable hand phasers, he can create illusions, he can do this, he can do that, all quantifiable or qualifiable and having limits. Even D&D magic has limits by virtue of it being a game, and any magic has limits.

The limits are all that matters in a versus, so why shit your pants about it.

Brian
Embracer Of Darkness
Worthless Trolling Palm-Fucker

Post by Embracer Of Darkness »

Ghost Rider wrote:Now, now all we have is angry dickless boy who's angry that Mike has in his sig about this dumbfuck's particular belief in Russian Roulette.
Have I ever been angry about Mr. Wong's signature, or asked for its removal? Think long and hard before you answer, because I'm about to tell you to do what I did; Suck it down, idiot.

Please, if you're going to try questioning my motives in an effort to insult me, it might be a better idea to actually pick something I'm angry about. All you're doing is beyind a keyboard hero, and it's okay, I understand if you feel so spineless in the Real World™ that you feel a need to express it on the internet in such a fashion. Poor guy. :roll:
Embracer Of Darkness

Darth Cronos the Proud wrote:The worst thing is that you can't even say this is the result of unscientific training. I was trained as a historian (by far one of the furthest degrees from scientific you can get IMO) but even I know that if you see something happen, you can't call it "unrealistic." Christ! This is just a result of EoD being mentally retarded.
What's that I hear? It must be the sound of a fucking newbie working hard to earn brownie points! It sounds almost like a kid jumping up and down, and shouting "Me too! Me too!" :roll:
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Embracer Of Darkness wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:Now, now all we have is angry dickless boy who's angry that Mike has in his sig about this dumbfuck's particular belief in Russian Roulette.
Have I ever been angry about Mr. Wong's signature, or asked for its removal? Think long and hard before you answer, because I'm about to tell you to do what I did; Suck it down, idiot.

Please, if you're going to try questioning my motives in an effort to insult me, it might be a better idea to actually pick something I'm angry about. All you're doing is beyind a keyboard hero, and it's okay, I understand if you feel so spineless in the Real World™ that you feel a need to express it on the internet in such a fashion. Poor guy. :roll:
Yes, poor baby, because this entire hijack is about the fact that you can't prove something so you bitch.
I know that this is the wrong forum and I expect people to "lash out" at this post because it's true, but it's so funny how certain people will say this about one particular franchise where other people (including prominent board members) will say the utter opposite about something like "The Q" from Star Trek. :roll:
As for Mike's bit...I particular don't care, because you were the dumbfuck who actually stated that bit loud and clear...but I'll go to the general reason you're here.

Are you ever going prove what you said in the beginning or was that just like your next two retorts, a cowardly little swipe?
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Embracer Of Darkness

Ghost Rider wrote:Yes, poor baby, because this entire hijack is about the fact that you can't prove something so you bitch.
For your information, my intention was not to hijack the thread. I simply wanted to point out that the definition of "unrealistic" is definitely franchise-dependant for a lot of people around here, which it is.
Ghost Rider wrote:As for Mike's bit...I particular don't care, because you were the dumbfuck who actually stated that bit loud and clear...but I'll go to the general reason you're here.

Are you ever going prove what you said in the beginning or was that just like your next two retorts, a cowardly little swipe?
If you mean what I said about The Q, that was just an example, but it was the best one I could think of. My point was already proven, by the way, because I don't need to "prove" that people try to dismiss the Q's powers as "cheating" because it happens all the time.

As I said, the definition of realistic obviously differs per franchise. It's okay for Jedi to draw on some supernatural power to perform amazing feats, but supposedly it's not okay for The Q, oh no they must be cheating with advanced tech. :roll:
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Ghost Rider wrote:Yes, poor baby, because this entire hijack is about the fact that you can't prove something so you bitch.
For your information, my intention was not to hijack the thread. I simply wanted to point out that the definition of "unrealistic" is definitely franchise-dependant for a lot of people around here, which it is.
Oh right, so you trolled then, because you made a point of nothing of substance except to go "When Q is involved people stick head in ass!" without demonstrating this.
Embracer Of Darkness wrote: If you mean what I said about The Q, that was just an example, but it was the best one I could think of. My point was already proven, by the way, because I don't need to "prove" that people try to dismiss the Q's powers as "cheating" because it happens all the time.

As I said, the definition of realistic obviously differs per franchise. It's okay for Jedi to draw on some supernatural power to perform amazing feats, but supposedly it's not okay for The Q, oh no they must be cheating with advanced tech. :roll:
Damn fucktard...not only do you dodge shit, you actually try to shift proof.

Now try to prove your point beyond "I say so, and my opinion needs to be heard!!!"
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Embracer Of Darkness

Ghost Rider wrote:Oh right, so you trolled then, because you made a point of nothing of substance except to go "When Q is involved people stick head in ass!" without demonstrating this.
I've already said that it wasn't my intention to hijack or troll, and if it came across like I was intentionally doing so then I apologise. My point was that "when some franchises are involved, some people stick their head in their ass."
Ghost Rider wrote:Damn fucktard...not only do you dodge shit, you actually try to shift proof.

Now try to prove your point beyond "I say so, and my opinion needs to be heard!!!"
I've proven my point, or are you denying that people prefer to try explaining Q's powers as cheating with technology? It happens a lot, surely you've seen it.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Embracer Of Darkness wrote: I've proven my point, or are you denying that people prefer to try explaining Q's powers as cheating with technology? It happens a lot, surely you've seen it.
No, your point is that people do that because they consider it unrealistic for the Q to have those innate powers when they're actually doing it because it fits the available evidence. Also, last I checked nobody said they definitely use tech, it's a possible explanation.
Now kindly show how innate powers better fit the available evidence.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Embracer Of Darkness

Batman wrote:No, your point is that people do that because they consider it unrealistic for the Q to have those innate powers when they're actually doing it because it fits the available evidence. Also, last I checked nobody said they definitely use tech, it's a possible explanation.
Please don't tell me what my point is. My point is that some people around here prefer to argue in favour of the theory that Q's powers are nothing but technological illusions, more than likely to make him easier to defeat in a versus.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Embracer Of Darkness wrote: Now kindly show how innate powers better fit the available evidence.
Please don't tell me what my point is. My point is that some people around here prefer to argue in favour of the theory that Q's powers are nothing but technological illusions[/quote]
Which perfectly fits the available data,
, more than likely to make him easier to defeat in a versus.
For which you naturally have plenty of evidence.
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

Please don't tell me what my point is. My point is that some people around here prefer to argue in favour of the theory that Q's powers are nothing but technological illusions
, more than likely to make him easier to defeat in a versus.

Sorry 'bout the messed up other one.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Batman wrote:No, your point is that people do that because they consider it unrealistic for the Q to have those innate powers when they're actually doing it because it fits the available evidence. Also, last I checked nobody said they definitely use tech, it's a possible explanation.
Please don't tell me what my point is. My point is that some people around here prefer to argue in favour of the theory that Q's powers are nothing but technological illusions, more than likely to make him easier to defeat in a versus.
I suppose it never occured to you that the mechanics of someone's powers has all of jack shit to do with their actual quantification and whether or not they're more powerful in a versus debate, did it?
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Embracer Of Darkness

Batman wrote:
Please don't tell me what my point is. My point is that some people around here prefer to argue in favour of the theory that Q's powers are nothing but technological illusions
My argument is not that Q's powers aren't technology based, it's a theory I am perfectly open to. My problem is the way that people seem, at least to me, completely biased on the issue and tend to treat the omnipotent theory with a :roll: like attitude.
Batman wrote:
Embracer Of Darkness wrote:, more than likely to make him easier to defeat in a versus.
Only what I've seen on the boards. The issue of innate vs. tech is totally up in the air, and I'm open to both theories, but some people around here seem to have a sort of "you're an idiot if you believe that" atittude toward the idea of Q's powers could be innate.
Batman wrote:Sorry 'bout the messed up other one.
No worries, I wish there was an edit button myself.
Embracer Of Darkness

General Zod wrote:I suppose it never occured to you that the mechanics of someone's powers has all of jack shit to do with their actual quantification and whether or not they're more powerful in a versus debate, did it?
Which is entirely beside my point. I'm talking about the attitude some people have toward what is and what isn't "allowed," not how powerful something is.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

General Zod wrote:I suppose it never occured to you that the mechanics of someone's powers has all of jack shit to do with their actual quantification and whether or not they're more powerful in a versus debate, did it?
Which is entirely beside my point. I'm talking about the attitude some people have toward what is and what isn't "allowed," not how powerful something is.
So, you're whining about some peoples style of debating, and instead of providing links to said styles when asked, or actually making your own arguments when they do occur. . . you whine some more?
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Embracer Of Darkness

General Zod wrote:So, you're whining about some peoples style of debating, and instead of providing links to said styles when asked, or actually making your own arguments when they do occur. . . you whine some more?
Petty bias is a style of debating now? :roll:
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

General Zod wrote:So, you're whining about some peoples style of debating, and instead of providing links to said styles when asked, or actually making your own arguments when they do occur. . . you whine some more?
Petty bias is a style of debating now? :roll:
I'm not seeing anything being debated here, just someone whining that they don't like how people argue. Unless I'm somehow wrong and there actually is a point of contention besides what I've already seen and pointed out.
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Liar. Your whole purpose of the hijack.. And anyone with three braincells can see that's what it had to be(Wait, that disqualifies you!).. Was to whine and throw accusals around.
Ghost Rider wrote:As for Mike's bit...I particular don't care, because you were the dumbfuck who actually stated that bit loud and clear...but I'll go to the general reason you're here.

If you mean what I said about The Q, that was just an example, but it was the best one I could think of. My point was already proven, by the way, because I don't need to "prove" that people try to dismiss the Q's powers as "cheating" because it happens all the time.

'It happens all the time!' 'They're all just bias!' 'I NEVER HAVE TO PROVE ANYTHING!'

Christ, what a little-kid moron you are.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Embracer Of Darkness

SirNitram wrote:Liar. Your whole purpose of the hijack.. And anyone with three braincells can see that's what it had to be(Wait, that disqualifies you!).. Was to whine and throw accusals around.
I've made it clear that I didn't intent to hijack the thread, and I even apologised publicly in this split for doing so.

So, if it "take three braincells" to see that I intended to do something, when I didn't really intend to, how many braincells does that leave you with SirNitram?
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

SirNitram wrote:Liar. Your whole purpose of the hijack.. And anyone with three braincells can see that's what it had to be(Wait, that disqualifies you!).. Was to whine and throw accusals around.
I've made it clear that I didn't intent to hijack the thread, and I even apologised publicly in this split for doing so. So, if it "take three braincells" to see that I intended to do something, when I didn't really intend to, how many braincells does that leave you with SirNitram?
The fact that you didn't even took a moment to think that it could hijack the thread, speaks of how hollow your intelligence is.

Now, unless you have a theory of your own to show Q's omnipotence that would be more favorable than the tech theory that you're blabbering on and on about, shut the fuck up.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Embracer Of Darkness

Soontir C'boath wrote:Now, unless you have a theory of your own to show Q's omnipotence that would be more favorable than the tech theory that you're blabbering on and on about...
shut the fuck up.[/quote]
Yey another me-too'er who didn't even read what I said. I've repeated numerous times that I have no problem with the tech theory, and I never even said that Q was omnipotent, what I did say was that some people purposefully try to downplay the "Q mystique" by banging on and on about how they're "cheating with technology" in a way that is almost the opposite of fan-wanking but just as bad.
Soontir C'boath wrote:...shut the fuck up.
How about I say "fuck you Mr. Keyboard Hero" instead?
SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

I've made it clear that I didn't intent to hijack the thread, and I even apologised publicly in this split for doing so.
I think, given your blatant lying in this thread, I'm going to carry on being quite sure this claim you weren't intending to hijack is yet another lie.

So, kiddo, are you going to back up your claim, or continue to troll for our amusement?
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Ok, let's run it down.
Soontir C'boath wrote:Now, unless you have a theory of your own to show Q's omnipotence that would be more favorable than the tech theory that you're blabbering on and on about...
Yey another me-too'er who didn't even read what I said. I've repeated numerous times that I have no problem with the tech theory, and I never even said that Q was omnipotent, what I did say was that some people purposefully try to downplay the "Q mystique" by banging on and on about how they're "cheating with technology" in a way that is almost the opposite of fan-wanking but just as bad.
I take back the word omnipotent, it wasn't the right word.

You just don't like the fact that your beloved beings are being downplayed by others who agrees with the tech theory. The fact of the matter is, you obviously don't like the tech theory as you make a broad attack on those who agree with it by saying some "bang" to it. The fact that you even refer to Q as having "mystique" only opens up your thought that you like to think of them as having powers beyond us mortal beings.

As I said, the definition of realistic obviously differs per franchise. It's okay for Jedi to draw on some supernatural power to perform amazing feats, but supposedly it's not okay for The Q, oh no they must be cheating with advanced tech.
Another line that speaks how you like Q having powers and crying it's unfair.

So really all this bull is really you not liking the fact that a good amount of people agree with the tech theory than thinking Q are powerful beings.

Plus, if you really didn't like that some people "bang" to it, you should be able to name who the fuck they are. Bitch.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Embracer Of Darkness

SirNitram wrote:I think, given your blatant lying in this thread, I'm going to carry on being quite sure this claim you weren't intending to hijack is yet another lie.
Blatant lying? People around here like to downplay the Q, it happens all the time, feel free to deny it. I don't actually disagree with the tech-Q theory, fact. I didn't intend for the thread to be hijacked, I just felt like speaking up on something that seemed appropriate at the time.
SirNitram wrote:So, kiddo, are you going to back up your claim, or continue to troll for our amusement?
Back up what claim, that people on this forum prefer to say that the Q are cheating with technology rather than say that they are, like the Jedi, simply powerful beings who can use supernatural forces to their advantage? You have been here longer than I have, you've seen it for yourself.
Soontir C'boath wrote:I take back the word omnipotent, it wasn't the right word.

You just don't like the fact that your beloved beings are being downplayed by others who agrees with the tech theory. The fact of the matter is, you obviously don't like the tech theory as you make a broad attack on those who agree with it by saying some "bang" to it. The fact that you even refer to Q as having "mystique" only opens up your thought that you like to think of them as having powers beyond us mortal beings.
My beloved beings? This "with us or against us" mentality would be hillarious, if it wasn't sad. I don't give a rats arse about the Q, I even just corrected you when you said the Q were omnipotent, didn't I? All I am saying is that there's a certain amount of bias, on the topic of the Q in particular.
Soontir C'boath wrote:Another line that speaks how you like Q having powers and crying it's unfair.
Yet again, I don't have a hard-on for the Q. Whichever spin you put on it, they're insanely powerful, but what bothers me is when people say that certain races can be powerful (in a magic sense) "because they are" or "because they deserve it," but they will say that the Q are "cheating with technology." To me, it's fan-wank in reverse.
Soontir C'boath wrote:So really all this bull is really you not liking the fact that a good amount of people agree with the tech theory than thinking Q are powerful beings.
I don't recall anybody saying that the Q are not powerful, just that they cheat with technology. Like I said, it's fan-wank in reverse, playing down the entire (out of universe) core reason for the species being there in the first place, just to say "the Q are t3h lame!"
Soontir C'boath wrote:Plus, if you really didn't like that some people "bang" to it, you should be able to name who the fuck they are. Bitch.
I already named one, Mr. Wong. And before a certain moron says "oh look, he's striking out against Wong," I'm not. I am simply naming Wong because he is at the forefront of my mind as the owner of the board, and I remember him having a lengthy debate about it (Q vs. Chewbacca & Han Solo thread, I think.)
SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

SirNitram wrote:I think, given your blatant lying in this thread, I'm going to carry on being quite sure this claim you weren't intending to hijack is yet another lie.
Blatant lying? People around here like to downplay the Q, it happens all the time, feel free to deny it. I don't actually disagree with the tech-Q theory, fact. I didn't intend for the thread to be hijacked, I just felt like speaking up on something that seemed appropriate at the time.
Support your claim that we 'downplay' the Q, as opposed to just use SoD.
SirNitram wrote:So, kiddo, are you going to back up your claim, or continue to troll for our amusement?
Back up what claim, that people on this forum prefer to say that the Q are cheating with technology rather than say that they are, like the Jedi, simply powerful beings who can use supernatural forces to their advantage? You have been here longer than I have, you've seen it for yourself.
You claim we're downplaying Q. Prove it. Back it up with evidence. Prove there's any legitimate difference in debates by saying it's technology(As, you know, blatantly shown in Q And The Grey, despite all the fanboy whinings) or innate power. Or is this because you, like every other trolling fanboy, want Q to be extemely powerful instead of just scaled up Treknology?

Again. Back your claim up. You have claimed we downplay Q, you have claimed a double standard, and finally, you claim that the admin will act on this bias.

As a Moderator here, I will caution you officially so all is right and proper.
DR 6 wrote:If you are asked for evidence to support a claim you've made, you should either produce this evidence or concede the point until such time as you can produce this evidence. People who consistently ignore requests for evidence to support their claims (particularly contentious claims) are not looked upon kindly here.
AR 4 wrote:If you have a complaint about the whole board, you are obviously unhappy here, so leave. Complaints like "so this is the way you do things at SD.Net" and "the prevailing attitude here seems to be" etc clearly indicate that you dislike something about our entire board culture and you should leave. If you persist on staying and acting like this, we will make you leave.
So go on. Support your bullshit claims. Or get the fuck out. That is how it works here.