Ban Mike_6002 poll

Only now, at the end, do you understand.

Moderator: Moderators

Should we ban Mike_6002

Poll ended at 2002-12-16 10:59pm

FUCKING HELL YEAH
83%
No
17%

Total votes: 35

Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

phongn wrote:
anarchistbunny wrote:*looks at his sig*

#1 fan of LT. Hitman? :shock:

WTF has he even met LT. Hitman? I haven't even met LT. Hitman, I just know a little bit about him from the FUQ?
He apparently has lurked on ASVS just enough to find out a little bit about the good Lieutenant.

Most if not all of what he spews was most likely learned on the archives. He doesnt even understand what a TGOD is. Any lurkage must have been extremely limited and probably was via google.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

I usually ignore the trolls in this place and let my far more aggressive and skilled comrades deal with them while I entertain, but THIS is really the last straw in regard to Mike_6002. He threatened someone's life and for what?? He wasn't here durting the dark times, he did not suffer the Wall of Ignorance, so what the fuck?!?!

I realize now that he is nothing more than a syncophantic child. Unfortunately there is nothing more to say, it is ireedemable at this point, after all what does it say about SD.Net if we don't do something about it?

My patience is at an end regarding this matter.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

Real quick, when someone signs up here, Mr. Wong should really have a disclaimer stating that 'newbs don't be trolls and try to fit in, you'll only get flamed.' would probably help.

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"We are well and truly forked." -Mace Windu Shatterpoint

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Post 1500 acheived on Thu Jan 23, 2003 at 2:48 am
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Sea Skimmer wrote:
phongn wrote:
anarchistbunny wrote:*looks at his sig*

#1 fan of LT. Hitman? :shock:

WTF has he even met LT. Hitman? I haven't even met LT. Hitman, I just know a little bit about him from the FUQ?
He apparently has lurked on ASVS just enough to find out a little bit about the good Lieutenant.

Most if not all of what he spews was most likely learned on the archives. He doesnt even understand what a TGOD is. Any lurkage must have been extremely limited and probably was via google.
He may have thought it as such when RayCav (IIRC, it was him) started "TGODing" as he wrote of people crushing miscellaneous trolls.
Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

DG_Cal_Wright wrote:Real quick, when someone signs up here, Mr. Wong should really have a disclaimer stating that 'newbs don't be trolls and try to fit in, you'll only get flamed.' would probably help.
Anyone stupid enough to need to be told that should be banned anyway.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

DG_Cal_Wright wrote:Real quick, when someone signs up here, Mr. Wong should really have a disclaimer stating that 'newbs don't be trolls and try to fit in, you'll only get flamed.' would probably help.
The "don't try to fit in" could be misinterpreted though; better would be "don't be a poseur" which everyone should understand.
Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

good idea. fucktards would understand that more come to think of it.

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Sea Skimmer wrote:
Well, some might try to fit in a bit too hard, but otherwise be harmless, so a modification of the latter part as I suggested wouldn't be too bad.
Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

phongn wrote:
Sea Skimmer wrote:
Well, some might try to fit in a bit too hard, but otherwise be harmless, so a modification of the latter part as I suggested wouldn't be too bad.
Yes, I guess "don't be a poseur" could be of use." Don’t be a fucking poseur stupid newb" also works
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Ban him. And (though I'll probably go eat a gun after I say this!) drop Dumbshit a courtesy email about this. Even idiots have a right to not be troubled by this bullshit.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

source: SD.NET <<I did from his feedback page>>
>
> Comment: Shut your fucking mouth you little anal cocksucker, if your
> going to debate anywhere get your fucking facts right, your a pile of
> steaming dog shit and a worthless piece of trash, you are prue
> anti-logic, and I will crush your wall of igorance. So other words go
> Fuck Timothy Jones up the ass, maybe he would enjoy it, and your
> sensless illogic
>
> FUCK YOU and don't ever go to another debate forum if you value your
> life, for I won't do but there are other with no qualms to kill you
for
> real

Very interesting.

It seems that he has taken sd.net's high standards of logic and reason and indoctrinated himself in them in the same way one becomes a fundie.

I get the feeling that part of the reason why he's said the quote is our fault. We uphold logic and reason and bash those who don't so hard, that they become compelled to uphold logic/reason to the fullest, almost fanatical extent.

They become logic-fundies.
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

I agree very much with Durandal's and WeeMadAndo's sentiments...ban the turd. Especially since I was one of the targets in his ass-kisser campaign.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

My condolences Dalton. Let's write up an apology to Darkstar, try not to flame him while we're at it too.

The Dark Guard Fleet

Dalton

Post by Dalton »

DG_Cal_Wright wrote:My condolences Dalton. Let's write up an apology to Darkstar, try not to flame him while we're at it too.
No chance in hell. Much as I disapprove of Mike's actions, I'm not about to bow and scrape to a known liar.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Wow, Mike, I must say I am disappointed. I was one of the ones who spoke up to give you a chance to change because I believed you could have if you wanted to. Unfortunately it seems my faith was misplaced. I hate being wrong.

Ban, please.
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Ban him. And Darkstar is owed an apology. If nothing else, it'll short circuit any plans he has for a "Look at the fanatical Warsies Wong is cultivating at SD.net!" rant for his website.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

Dalton wrote:
DG_Cal_Wright wrote:My condolences Dalton. Let's write up an apology to Darkstar, try not to flame him while we're at it too.
No chance in hell. Much as I disapprove of Mike's actions, I'm not about to bow and scrape to a known liar.
Ah, your right. Ocean Spammer! Grab the marshmellows!

The Dark Guard Fleet

Raptor 597
Sith Devotee

Post by Raptor 597 »

Same aswell. I also brought out Angry Mob 478908.
Formerly the artist known as Captain Lennox

"To myself I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me." - Sir Isaac Newton
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

RedImperator wrote:Ban him. And Darkstar is owed an apology. If nothing else, it'll short circuit any plans he has for a "Look at the fanatical Warsies Wong is cultivating at SD.net!" rant for his website.
That is my thought on the matter. Perhaps not an apology per se, but an explaination. Perhaps a notice that he was banned due to his threats.

Something along the lines of "We believe that you are completely 100% full of shit, but that doesn't mean we approve of threats. Mike# has been banned for these threats."
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Ok, did five people really vote that Mike shouldn't be banned, or was that just Mike voting five times to keep himself around?

If you did vote 'no, don't ban him' and you aren't Mike, please explain why you voted that way. I'll reread the thread to make sure I didn't miss anything, but I'm fairly certain no one posted any reason why he should stay.

One more thing: is there any way the polls can be regulated so that one person gets one vote per poll, or do we have to leave it to the honour system?
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Howedar wrote:
RedImperator wrote:Ban him. And Darkstar is owed an apology. If nothing else, it'll short circuit any plans he has for a "Look at the fanatical Warsies Wong is cultivating at SD.net!" rant for his website.
That is my thought on the matter. Perhaps not an apology per se, but an explaination. Perhaps a notice that he was banned due to his threats.

Something along the lines of "We believe that you are completely 100% full of shit, but that doesn't mean we approve of threats. Mike# has been banned for these threats."
That works. Maybe apology isn't the right term--the rest of the board, after all, didn't do anything to apologize for. Banning Mike is absolutely necessary, though. It's going to look like we condone what he said if he isn't, or at least that we're indifferent to it.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
AdmiralKanos
Lex Animata
Lex Animata

Post by AdmiralKanos »

Nobody can vote twice in a poll AFAIK.

Anyway, a full IP-ban is impractical, as he gets his IP address from a DHCP server on a cable network, and could simply get a new IP address. I don't want to ban all cable users in Hamilton because of this guy.

So, this leads to the question of how it should be handled. The vote seems fairly conclusive, but a username ban is of limited power. I suppose we could do it anyway and hope he gets the message.
For a time, I considered sparing your wretched little planet Cybertron.
But now, you shall witnesss ... its dismemberment!

"This is what happens when you use trivia napkins for research material"- Sea Skimmer on "Pearl Harbour".
"Do you work out? Your hands are so strong! Especially the right one!"- spoken to Bud Bundy
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

Where is Hamilton, BTW?
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

AdmiralKanos wrote:Nobody can vote twice in a poll AFAIK.
Multiple accounts. Though a few people seemed like they where or had voted no.

AdmiralKanos wrote: Anyway, a full IP-ban is impractical, as he gets his IP address from a DHCP server on a cable network, and could simply get a new IP address. I don't want to ban all cable users in Hamilton because of this guy.

So, this leads to the question of how it should be handled. The vote seems fairly conclusive, but a username ban is of limited power. I suppose we could do it anyway and hope he gets the message.
Ban the username. I doubt he could get a new IP address on his own, on the great scale of brightness he's a five-watt. If he pops back up we ban that. The stupid behavior is easy enough to track on its own. Though we've had a shit load of trolls this week.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Dalton wrote:
The only person who should be giving an apology is Mike. OTOH, we might give RSA an explanation.