[Spiderman Fanboy] 15 and it shows

Only now, at the end, do you understand.

Moderator: Moderators

Spiderman Fanboy
BANNED

Re: Was the Galactic Empire/the Sith really so bad and evil?

Post by Spiderman Fanboy »

Stark wrote:Removing the superlaser, which is like 33% of the death star, would probably cause the Death Star to collapse.

But I hear when defending yourself from unstoppable leak force you should try the riskiest, most likely to fail plan if it has a chance of reducing loss of life. :lol:
Yes, I do believe that the opposite side of war should strive for minimalist casualties, or else they're war criminals. And, no, this post is not a joke.

Second of all, the superlaser as 33% of the entire death star? PROVE IT BITCH!!!!!
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Think of it as homework. If it reaches to the core and has the visible area of the array, what volume of the sphere is defined?

Oh and all those books with cross sections. Also the Lego Death Star.

Are you saying if there was a plan 1000 times more likely to fail than their already doomed plan, that they should have accepted their own deaths (and the death of liberty/resistance/people who don't have their souls eaten by the evil wizard) on the tiny chance they could pull off a pipe dream of a plan to save a few people whose existence they probably didn't know about and certainly wouldn't care about?

The greatest nazi war crime, of course, being hurting civilian contractors on HMS Prince of Wales. They should have sent boats over to remove them first.
Spiderman Fanboy
BANNED

Post by Spiderman Fanboy »

Stark wrote:Think of it as homework. If it reaches to the core and has the visible area of the array, what volume of the sphere is defined?

Oh and all those books with cross sections. Also the Lego Death Star.

Are you saying if there was a plan 1000 times more likely to fail than their already doomed plan, that they should have accepted their own deaths (and the death of liberty/resistance/people who don't have their souls eaten by the evil wizard) on the tiny chance they could pull off a pipe dream of a plan to save a few people whose existence they probably didn't know about and certainly wouldn't care about?

The greatest nazi war crime, of course, being hurting civilian contractors on HMS Prince of Wales. They should have sent boats over to remove them first.
SIDIOUS DID NOT WANT TO EAT THEIR SOULS WTH ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT???

What harm would it do to save the civilians? Not everybody on the death star was dangerous enemy personell, like the stormtroopers were. The rebels wanted to trap Sidous and Vader on the death star to kill their enemy leaders, yes, but what about the civilians that just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time?

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/death-star7.htm

The superlaser was most/a large part of the death star? Wait, err, what????
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

So why didn't the US Air Force land parachutists in Germany and evacuate factories before they bombed them?

Oh right because its stupid, wouldn't work, and would just get more allied guys killed. Are you aware this argument was mocked literally twenty years ago? And you've just been repeating it over and over?

Ps good work on silently abandoning the 'should have crippled the superlaser without stroking death star' thing. Do you talk to your girlfriend in cut and paste too?
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Spiderman Fanboy wrote:You're taking more thread space up arguing about me calling another user a nancy boy that I originally would have if I was never warned that the word was offensive. OK, fine, I'll stop using that word. You should/could have easily just send me a PM, warning me to stop using that word. And this'll be my last post discussing that. Just like with affirmative action, a specific group of people do not deserve double standards/special treatment. Everybody deserves to be treated equally/respectfully.

Treating people with common courtsey IS NOT special treatment, yes, that's correct. Except when the definition common courtsey varies from group to group-aka, double standards. Let's stop derailing this thread about this topic.
Does anyone else find it awesomely amusing that a kid that still has to catch rides to high school and probably gets nervous 5 miles away from home is lecturing us on equality, political correctness and affirmative action? This is comedy gold. I don't even think Tubbs or whatshisface went out like this. :lol:
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Spiderman Fanboy wrote:
Stark wrote:Removing the superlaser, which is like 33% of the death star, would probably cause the Death Star to collapse.

But I hear when defending yourself from unstoppable leak force you should try the riskiest, most likely to fail plan if it has a chance of reducing loss of life. :lol:
Yes, I do believe that the opposite side of war should strive for minimalist casualties, or else they're war criminals. And, no, this post is not a joke.

Second of all, the superlaser as 33% of the entire death star? PROVE IT BITCH!!!!!
Oh no... all your posts are jokes kid. :lol:
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Look Hav, not discriminating against the weak is special treatment. Everyone should be equal, in the sense of being ME! :lol:

But I mean who's sadder; the kid repostig crap from popular blogs and wiki or the nerds engaging with him? :v
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Spiderman Fanboy wrote:SIDIOUS DID NOT WANT TO EAT THEIR SOULS WTH ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT???
:lol: This is so great! You guys can't ban this kid.
"Sarcasm" and "Hyperbole" Those are the next words you need to look up.
What harm would it do to save the civilians? Not everybody on the death star was dangerous enemy personell, like the stormtroopers were. The rebels wanted to trap Sidous and Vader on the death star to kill their enemy leaders, yes, but what about the civilians that just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time?
Look dickhead, no one said it would do harm to save the civilians.
These are the points that have been made REPEATEDLY to your asinine argument which you have ignored:

Point #1: The civilians on the Death Star knew what they were doing. They didn't just happen to wander through space there looking for a job. AND if there were any civilians left on the station AFTER it blew up and entire fucking PLANET, then they become complicit in whatever future acts the Death Star is involved in.

Point #2: The rebels had only ONE shot at destroying the Death Star or the rebellion would be crushed and finished. They did not have the luxury of hoping for let alone attempting civilian evacuation.

Now, use that dumb little brain of yours and try your hardest to answer the two above points WITHOUT repeating anything you have already exclaimed.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Stark wrote:Look Hav, not discriminating against the weak is special treatment. Everyone should be equal, in the sense of being ME! :lol:

But I mean who's sadder; the kid repostig crap from popular blogs and wiki or the nerds engaging with him? :v
Oh it's definitely us, but we are bored or something. :lol:
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Kreller1
Youngling

Post by Kreller1 »

Spiderman Fanboy wrote:
Kreller1 wrote:Nowhere is it mentioned in either film that the superlaser was the sole target, nor that they could take it out and not the rest of the station. Wedge took out the "control tower", and Lando hit the main generator, which to me means they took out the major power source of DSII, not the superlaser. Destroying the entire station was the goal both times, and makes perfect sense. If the rebels somehow managed to kill only the superlaser, there will *still* be civilian casualties, and the Empire can probably toss a new laser in the intact station within a few months, negating all the work that the Rebels would have just completed.
WHY WOULDNT THE SUPERLASER BE THEIR SOLE TARGET? THey were trying to save planets from being blown up, right?
Yeah, because, you know, the rebels had all the time in the universe to go poking around looking for superlaser parts and only blowing those up, what with their unlimited number of ships and all. :roll:
"Your faith in the permanence of universal laws and the consistent nature of the universe should stand as a glowing example to believers everywhere." ~Sela
lPeregrine
Jedi Knight

Post by lPeregrine »

Spiderman Fanboy wrote:They didn't have to destroy the entire death star, just the superlaser. Wedge already destroyed the superlaser in ROTJ, but Lando destroyed it compltley just to kill the imperials/civilians on it.
Please stop lying. Lando's order in the reactor was "go for the power regulator on the north tower". There is nothing at all said about this being anything more than just step 1 in exploding the whole death star, and nothing at all said about Wedge's shot destroying the superlaser.
tezunegari
Jedi Knight

Post by tezunegari »

Spiderman Fanboy wrote:They didn't have to destroy the entire death star, just the superlaser. Wedge already destroyed the superlaser in ROTJ, but Lando destroyed it compltley just to kill the imperials/civilians on it.
The first Death Star was fully operational, it did destroy Alderaan. And it would have done the same with Yavin 4 and the whole Alliance leadership with it. Destroying it was the only option they had to survive. And even then their plan required a shitload of luck AND a smuggler to turn around and save the only guy who could pull off the impossible shot.

The second Death Star was an improved version, not only capable of one-hit-killing capital ships which even the biggest Superstardestroyer couldn't, it didn't have the same weakness as the first, it was bigger and most likely geared to defend against snub-fighters / bombers as well as against big fleets of capital ships.

If the Alliance had allowed the second DS to survive, the Imperial remnant would most likely have crushed them. How?
By repairing / replacing the superlaser and finishing the damn thing and NOT USING IT AS BAIT TO LURE THE ALLIANCE INTO A TRAP.

So, to return to the topic: Do you think that a government that rules through fear and oppression, that not only allows slavery but uses it to empower its military sector , that runs secret prisons for its political enemies, is evil? Guess what, that's what the Empire does.
"Bring your thousands, I have my axe."
"Bring your cannons, I have my armor."
"Bring your mighty... I am my own champion."
Cue Unit-01 ramming half the Lance of Longinus down Adam's head and a bemused Gendo, "Wrong end, son."
Ikari Gendo, NGE Fanfiction "Standing Tall"
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Do you like how he went "imperials/civilians". The kid may not know it yet, but he is a class one dishonest little fuck. :lol:
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea that the Rebels, with all of thirty snubfighters at their disposal and half an hour before their home base would have been blown to kingdom come, should somehow have managed to evacuate the civilians from the Death Star.
I'm no student of naval history by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm reasonably certain there were pretty few instances of one party trying to evacuate civilians from their opponents warships, leave alone in the middle of a battle.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Spiderman fanboy has been banned by Dalton for rules breaking and general immaturity. This thread here shall be evidence enough of his stupidity.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs