[Star Wars 888] Dispelling rumors about Michael Jackson

Only now, at the end, do you understand.

Moderator: Moderators

Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Re: Dispelling rumors about Michael Jackson

Post by Broomstick »

Star Wars 888 wrote:Oh...my...god...

Michael Jackson donated over 300 million dollars to charity. He was a loving person. Was he strange? Maybe, but to make fun of him for that is really no different than that of a high school bully.
And John Wayne Gacy used to bring joy to children when working at a clown at birthday parties.

OK, MJ gave money to charity. That's cool. Of course, not a dime of it went to the folks back in his home town who could have used some help, as Gary, Indiana is a festering shithole that every day is looking more and more like Detroit.

As for the molestation charges - there was enough there to go to trial. Even if he didn't actually molest anyone he certainly did engage in some highly questionable and unwise behavior.

Bottom line - he might might have been a good song and dance man, a very successful performer and entertainer, but that doesn't mean he was flawless. Giving to charity is no measure of overall morality or ethics.

As for his sexuality - I don't give a fuck. Well, I care about the possibility of molesting children, that's wrong, but whether he liked to fuck men, women, or his own hand I just don't care about.

Vitiligo? Yes, he had it. But maybe instead of denying it for years he could have been more upfront about and maybe eased some stigma for other people suffering from it. Not that he was in any way obliged to do that, just that it might have been a nice thing for him to do.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Artemas wrote:
Formless wrote:See, this is why I don't normally post in testing. On the one hand, you get spat on if you flop even one joke, on the other if you try and defend yourself against said spittle you only make peopel salivate more. Its like mob justice, only at least a mob just pounds you rather than drowning you in bodily fluids.
It's just like N&P! You must feel at home.
Not having been in N&P lately, have you?
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Artemas
Padawan Learner

Post by Artemas »

Thanas is right. When I thought of "pedantic, over-serious whinging debates", I thought of N&P first.

I should of put down SLAM instead.
Shrooms: It's interesting that the taste of blood is kind of irony.
Oni Koneko Damien
Sith Marauder

Post by Oni Koneko Damien »

Formless wrote:Its like mob justice, only at least a mob just pounds you rather than drowning you in bodily fluids.
Testingstan: The unofficial bukkake corner of the internet.
Gaian Paradigm: Because not all fantasy has to be childish crap.
Ephemeral Pie: Because not all role-playing has to be shallow.
My art: Because not all DA users are talentless emo twits.
"Phant, quit abusing the He-Wench before he turns you into a caged bitch at a Ren Fair and lets the tourists toss half munched turkey legs at your backside." -Mr. Coffee
Star Wars 888
Padawan Learner

Post by Star Wars 888 »

Dalton wrote:
Star Wars 888 wrote:Why is this moved to testing??? It's a serious topic actually, so in hind sight it shouldn't even be in off topic.
Star Wars 888 wrote:"you get what you get" - at least I have some debating skills and can back up my argument.

Oh, and this originally wasn't supposed to be in testing.
It's in Testing because it's a stupid fucking bullshit thread. If you have a problem with it, go fuck yourself.

P.S. Your debating skills suck and so do you. Stop spamming people with Michael Jackson crap. He's been dead for over a year.
How about we have a debate then?

State your argument...actually, counter mine, since I made the thread. Let's see who wins (no sarcasm intended; let's have a debate to see who's right).

If you don't want to debate, then fine, but then your claim as to me having no debating skills lacks substance and evidence backing it up. Therefore, it's a baseless statement.
Last edited by Star Wars 888 on 2010-10-15 01:36pm, edited 1 time in total.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Star Wars 888 wrote:
Dalton wrote:
Star Wars 888 wrote:Why is this moved to testing??? It's a serious topic actually, so in hind sight it shouldn't even be in off topic.
Star Wars 888 wrote:"you get what you get" - at least I have some debating skills and can back up my argument.

Oh, and this originally wasn't supposed to be in testing.
It's in Testing because it's a stupid fucking bullshit thread. If you have a problem with it, go fuck yourself.

P.S. Your debating skills suck and so do you. Stop spamming people with Michael Jackson crap. He's been dead for over a year.
How about we have a debate then?

State your argument...actually, counter mine, since I made the thread. Let's see who wins (no sarcasm intended; let's have a debate to see who's right).
Nobody gives a shit about Michael Jackson.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Star Wars 888
Padawan Learner

Post by Star Wars 888 »

Broomstick wrote: And John Wayne Gacy used to bring joy to children when working at a clown at birthday parties.
Yet working as a clown is a profession you get paid for...donating to charities is a humanitarian effort.

OK, MJ gave money to charity. That's cool. Of course, not a dime of it went to the folks back in his home town who could have used some help, as Gary, Indiana is a festering shithole that every day is looking more and more like Detroit.
I don't think you get it. What's cool isn't that he donated to charity - almost every celebrity does that - it's that he donated 300 f-ing million dollars to more charities than any other person in history (Guinness World Book of Records). Do you understand how much 300 million dollars is? Beyonce, one of the most charitable celebrities alive, has maybe given a few million. Michael Jackson gave 300 million. That's a fucking huge amount of money.

He donated ALL of the money he earned from his "Bad" tour, 150 million, to charity. He donated ALL of the money he earned from his Pepsi commercial to charity. And he didn't brag about it either.

As for the molestation charges - there was enough there to go to trial. Even if he didn't actually molest anyone he certainly did engage in some highly questionable and unwise behavior.
Yeah, but that doesn't make him a bad person, just a strange person.

Bottom line - he might might have been a good song and dance man, a very successful performer and entertainer, but that doesn't mean he was flawless. Giving to charity is no measure of overall morality or ethics.
I didn't claim he was flawless. I claimed that he was a good person.

As for his sexuality - I don't give a fuck. Well, I care about the possibility of molesting children, that's wrong, but whether he liked to fuck men, women, or his own hand I just don't care about.
Ok, I was referring to those that do.

Vitiligo? Yes, he had it. But maybe instead of denying it for years he could have been more upfront about and maybe eased some stigma for other people suffering from it. Not that he was in any way obliged to do that, just that it might have been a nice thing for him to do.
Since when did he deny it?

"Testing" isn't supposed to be a serious section, but making fun of a dead hero who donated 300 million dollars to charity is passing a moral line that not even such an off topic section should do.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Micheal Jackson was not a hero.

A hero is someone that risked his life to help another, or puts himself in harms way to help another. Micheal Jackson never did that.

Yes, he donated a shit-ton of money to charity. Really, a mind-boggling amount. But that doesn't make him a Hero.

As for the rest about Micheal Jackson -
Smart, talented guy.
In many ways, to naive and trusting, and people took advantage of him.
Piss-poor at public relations, which caused alot of negative backlash.

First Molestation Trial: Probably a blackmail attempt. Their is audio documentation to back this. (Go read Wikipedia)

Second Molestation trial: Definately a blackmail attempt.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Star Wars 888 wrote: "Testing" isn't supposed to be a serious section, but making fun of a dead hero who donated 300 million dollars to charity is passing a moral line that not even such an off topic section should do.
Oh fuck off. There's lots of rich assholes that donate millions to various charities. Why shouldn't we make fun of them just because they're dead?
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Spoonist
Jedi Council Member

Post by Spoonist »

Star Wars 888 wrote:I don't think you get it. What's cool isn't that he donated to charity - almost every celebrity does that - it's that he donated 300 f-ing million dollars to more charities than any other person in history (Guinness World Book of Records). Do you understand how much 300 million dollars is? ... And he didn't brag about it either.
If he or his staff didn't brag about it how do you know about it? You see if they truly wanted "not to brag about it" its easy to do it like the muslims. You do know the criteria for Guiness, don't you?

Then what's up with your "more than any person in history" statement? :wtf: :finger: :wtf:
Do the names Warren Buffet or Bill Gates ring a bell?

Do you know how much a billion dollars is? Then how about 37bn$?
Star Wars 888
Padawan Learner

Post by Star Wars 888 »

General Zod wrote:
Star Wars 888 wrote: "Testing" isn't supposed to be a serious section, but making fun of a dead hero who donated 300 million dollars to charity is passing a moral line that not even such an off topic section should do.
Oh fuck off. There's lots of rich assholes that donate millions to various charities. Why shouldn't we make fun of them just because they're dead?
Except that you haven't given any evidence to him being an "asshole".
Spoonist wrote:
Star Wars 888 wrote:I don't think you get it. What's cool isn't that he donated to charity - almost every celebrity does that - it's that he donated 300 f-ing million dollars to more charities than any other person in history (Guinness World Book of Records). Do you understand how much 300 million dollars is? ... And he didn't brag about it either.
If he or his staff didn't brag about it how do you know about it? You see if they truly wanted "not to brag about it" its easy to do it like the muslims. You do know the criteria for Guiness, don't you?

Then what's up with your "more than any person in history" statement? :wtf: :finger: :wtf:
Do the names Warren Buffet or Bill Gates ring a bell?

Do you know how much a billion dollars is? Then how about 37bn$?
To MORE charities. Not more raw money.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Star Wars 888 wrote: Except that you haven't given any evidence to him being an "asshole".
Explain why it's immoral. Or are you one of those retards that thinks it's immoral just because you don't like it?

If you think "he's nice" means it's immoral then you can still fuck off.

And hey, anyone remember the baby-dangling incident? Anyone?
Star Wars 888
Padawan Learner

Post by Star Wars 888 »

General Zod wrote:
Star Wars 888 wrote: Except that you haven't given any evidence to him being an "asshole".
Explain why it's immoral. Or are you one of those retards that thinks it's immoral just because you don't like it?
You seriously don't understand how making fun of somebody who died and was a good person is immoral?

If you think "he's nice" means it's immoral then you can still fuck off.
Because...?

I guess that asking you to actually explain your reasoning is too much for you.
And hey, anyone remember the baby-dangling incident? Anyone?

Michael Jackson admitted that it was a terrible mistake. Was it a lapse in judgement? Possibly, but everybody makes mistakes, and you guys haven't even mentioned this mistake. A lot of you guys are making fun of him for shallow reasons, not on one of the only criticisms of him that actually has some sort of depth.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Star Wars 888 wrote: Your first 2 lines have absolutely no substance, so I'll focus on your 3rd line.
Oh, so you're going to play it that way? Fine. If you aren't going to bother defining why it's immoral I see no reason to define why he's an asshole.
Michael Jackson admitted that it was a terrible mistake. Was it a lapse in judgement? Possibly, but everybody makes mistakes, and you guys haven't even mentioned this mistake. A lot of you guys are making fun of him for shallow reasons, not on one of the only criticisms of him that actually has some sort of depth.
Dangling a baby over a ledge is hardly a "lapse in judgment". It's "borderline sociopathic asshole" syndrome. Stop being such a crybaby, Chris Crocker jr.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Star Wars 888 wrote: You seriously don't understand how making fun of somebody who died and was a good person is immoral?
You're barking up the wrong tree if you think that sort of pathetic limp-dicked plea is going to work. I thought you said you had good debating skills.
Because...?

I guess that asking you to actually explain your reasoning is too much for you.
You first shit-breath.
Spoonist
Jedi Council Member

Post by Spoonist »

Star Wars 888 wrote:To MORE charities. Not more raw money.
That is just strange. You think that it says something positive about his character that he was indiscriminate where he donated his money?
Why on earth bring up Beyonce if the scale was MOST charities?

Also you don't grasp the idea that just because I give money to charity I'm not a good person. Regardless of how much or to how many charities. Take my examples of Gates and Buffet, both are assholes. There are also other examples of where people have done tax evasion through charities and still thought that made them somehow 'better'. It depends on the charity now, don't it?
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

I'm sure Michael Jackson's charity donations had nothing to do with tax write-offs at all.
Spoonist
Jedi Council Member

Post by Spoonist »

General Zod wrote:I'm sure Michael Jackson's charity donations had nothing to do with tax write-offs at all.
and here I thought that inuendo was better than outright accusation...
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Spoonist wrote:
General Zod wrote:I'm sure Michael Jackson's charity donations had nothing to do with tax write-offs at all.
and here I thought that inuendo was better than outright accusation...
Only when your mother is involved. Sometimes.
Spoonist
Jedi Council Member

Post by Spoonist »

But my mother loves to accusations...
Star Wars 888
Padawan Learner

Post by Star Wars 888 »

General Zod wrote: Dangling a baby over a ledge is hardly a "lapse in judgment". It's "borderline sociopathic asshole" syndrome. Stop being such a crybaby, Chris Crocker jr.
His intentions were simply to show his child to his fans. He was clearly holding onto his child and quickly withdrew him.

Apparently his children think otherwise from you, because they seemed to miss their father very much; did you watch Paris Jackson crying?
Star Wars 888
Padawan Learner

Post by Star Wars 888 »

General Zod wrote:
You're barking up the wrong tree if you think that sort of pathetic limp-dicked plea is going to work. I thought you said you had good debating skills.
Making fun of someone on unsupported morals is immoral, especially if said person is dead.

Why? Because the person doesn't deserve to be made fun of, so making fun of him/her is an infringement on his/her right to the pursuit of happiness.

Now stop stalling with stupid questions and actually explain your argument.

You first shit-breath.
I did. Your turn.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Star Wars 888 wrote: Making fun of someone on unsupported morals is immoral, especially if said person is dead.

Why? Because the person doesn't deserve to be made fun of, so making fun of him/her is an infringement on his/her right to the pursuit of happiness.

Now stop stalling with stupid questions and actually explain your argument.
Oh, so you base morality on "I don't like it" after all. Those of us in the real world base morality off of whether or not there is harm. The fact that you're using examples from the Constitution is pretty fucking hilarious though.
Star Wars 888
Padawan Learner

Post by Star Wars 888 »

Spoonist wrote:
Star Wars 888 wrote:To MORE charities. Not more raw money.
That is just strange. You think that it says something positive about his character that he was indiscriminate where he donated his money?
Why on earth bring up Beyonce if the scale was MOST charities?

Also you don't grasp the idea that just because I give money to charity I'm not a good person. Regardless of how much or to how many charities. Take my examples of Gates and Buffet, both are assholes. There are also other examples of where people have done tax evasion through charities and still thought that made them somehow 'better'. It depends on the charity now, don't it?
1. Since when are Gates and Buffet assholes? They're not.

2. He also donated a lot of raw money to charity. Do you realize how much 300 million dollars is?

3. You still haven't provided any proof of him being an asshole.

4. People that make fun of Michael Jackson are typically those that don't know him. There are interviews with:

His bodyguards
His kids (well, not interviews with them, but their statements)
The Backstreet Boys
Akon
Michael Jackson's photographer
Beyonce
Britney Spears
etc.

Note that all these people have actually MET Michael Jackson and liked him when they met him. Heck, Akon even said that he was scared of Michael Jackson at first because of what the media portrayed him to be, but eventually became friends with him.

Now you tell me;

Who should I trust more? You unsupported testimony when you haven't even met Michael Jackson, or a huge amount of mostly trustworthy people that have indeed met him and like him?
Bottlestein
Racist Pig Fucker

Post by Bottlestein »

^ Let's not go after SW888, let's mock Saverok :twisted: