Metavac Poll

Only now, at the end, do you understand.

Moderator: Moderators

So which button?

Poll ended at 2007-08-03 05:11pm

[Red]Perm Ban
29%
[Toupe]Temp Ban
71%
[Mulberry]Abstain
No votes
[Blush]Not Guilty
No votes

Total votes: 21

Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Metavac Poll

Post by Ghost Rider »

So Senators we have a VI who apparently is engaging in the same tactics he did before, and decides to screech against one of the rules, because...well, he wants to apparently screech against them.

So: Temp Fry, Perma Fry, or let the little retard bang up against the walls a few more times?

We'll run it for the standard five days, unless Mike whacks him first or there is an overwhelming vote after a quorum has been met.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Temp ban. He still makes very good contributions in his area of expertise.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

I'll go for temp ban. The titling completely failed to send the message, but if he's not going to learn, it's going to be an obvious and immediate sign after his forced sabbatical. Mind you, if he continues his brain-damaged attempt to claim he's not debating policy when he yells and screams the N&P policy is wrong, I may change my tune.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Temp ban.
Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand
Location: In the Land of Logic and Reason, two doors down from Lilliput and across the road from Atlantis...

Post by Keevan_Colton »

Temp ban.
"Prodesse Non Nocere."
"It's all about popularity really, if your invisible friend that tells you to invade places is called Napoleon, you're a loony, if he's called Jesus then you're the president."
"I'd drive more people insane, but I'd have to double back and pick them up first..."
"All it takes for bullshit to thrive is for rational men to do nothing." - Kevin Farrell, B.A. Journalism.
BOTM - EBC - Horseman - G&C - Vampire
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

*breaks out frying pan*

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Spyder
Sith Marauder

Post by Spyder »

Temp, missing the not guilty option though.
:D
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Spyder wrote:Temp, missing the not guilty option though.
Added.
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

Yeah, he needs a fortnight to cool his heels in.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Patrick Degan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Patrick Degan »

Last warning.
When ballots have fairly and constitutionally decided, there can be no successful appeal back to bullets.
—Abraham Lincoln

People pray so that God won't crush them like bugs.
—Dr. Gregory House

Oil an emergency?! It's about time, Brigadier, that the leaders of this planet of yours realised that to remain dependent upon a mineral slime simply doesn't make sense.
—The Doctor "Terror Of The Zygons" (1975)
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

He's on a razor's edge with his last flare-up, but he hasn't quite cut himself yet. Temp ban.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

Remember in the linked thread, he said he would stop posting partial articles(And thus post no articles at all, but that's his choice and right), and conceded?

He did it again.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

I'm tired of the little shit. Kick him out permanently.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
GrandMasterTerwynn
Emperor's Hand

Post by GrandMasterTerwynn »

Banninate! . . . err, not the permanent kind. We're not yet up to perma-ban territory.
The Yosemite Bear

I say send in the daleks, this is not formality, this is pest control!!!

EXTERMINATE!
EXTERMINATE!!
EXTERMINATE!!!

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Patrick Degan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Patrick Degan »

GrandMasterTerwynn wrote:Banninate! . . . err, not the permanent kind. We're not yet up to perma-ban territory.
Though it does seem to be inching closer to it even as this vote is being taken.
When ballots have fairly and constitutionally decided, there can be no successful appeal back to bullets.
—Abraham Lincoln

—Dr. Gregory House

Oil an emergency?! It's about time, Brigadier, that the leaders of this planet of yours realised that to remain dependent upon a mineral slime simply doesn't make sense.
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Patrick Degan wrote:
GrandMasterTerwynn wrote:Banninate! . . . err, not the permanent kind. We're not yet up to perma-ban territory.
Though it does seem to be inching closer to it even as this vote is being taken.

Should we give him an additional mercy by asking the admins to invoke the rule about the optional banning of people for the duration of their ban poll?
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
The Yosemite Bear

sadly I'll second marina's proposal, and option that the ban poll be kept up indefinatly. :twisted:

Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

It's obvious he's not interested in changing his behavior. Terminate him permanently.
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Maaayyyyybe a temp will knock some sense into him, hopefully. I admit having some hope for Metavac primarily because he is, for the most part, articulate, unlike most pure morons that blow in. That leads me to hope that he can be brought 'round.

[edit]-- although, I am bearing in mind that he has gone from Normal poster --> to Titled--> to Banpoll in about, what-- 3 weeks? My mercy for him is on a very, very, thin thread.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Spyder
Sith Marauder

Post by Spyder »

Zaia wrote:
Spyder wrote:Temp, missing the not guilty option though.
Added.
Thanke, not that the option seems to be getting much use but I guess it looks better on the books.
:D
SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

And again.

Can I change my vote to Permban? He's been told against this repeatedly, and now is just blowing it off. He doesn't respect the rules, we don't need him. 'Nuff said.

The Yosemite Bear

yes, your preaching to the choir though. I'm usually amoung those calling for liencey and no, there's no saving this shit can.

Patrick Degan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Patrick Degan »

Change my vote to permanent ban as well. He's now had an additional two threads flushed to the HoS and is pointedly ignoring repeated warnings from the mods. There's no saving this asshole now.

Perhaps he and Dennis Toy can share the scaffold.
—Abraham Lincoln

—Dr. Gregory House

The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

This is precisely what we made that rule for, however, keeping people from figuring they have nothing to lose and going off like nutjobs during their ban polls. Since before this the affair was almost universally for a temp ban I formally move that the admins go ahead and ban metavac immediately for the duration of this ban vote for his own good, to keep his irrational behaviour from continuing and further influencing the outcome of this poll.