40K: The Emperor, the Sensei, and Jesus

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

18-Till-I-Die
Emperor's Hand

40K: The Emperor, the Sensei, and Jesus

Post by 18-Till-I-Die »

Ok this is kind of a "settle a bet" question, and i'm not able to get my hands on enough of the older 40k text to be sure.

When they describe the Sensei, are they trying to imply that Jesus was a Sensei and the Emperor was his real father?

Or do they mean to imply by "The Emperor took many guises over the centuries" that Jesus probably was the Emperor?

Or is there no relation at all, which is entirely likely.
Kanye West Saves.

18-Till-I-Die
Emperor's Hand

Post by 18-Till-I-Die »

Ghetto edit: See i was saying the second one, but a friend of mine was implying the first. The thrid is just cause its also a likely possibility.
Kanye West Saves.

Covenant
Sith Marauder

Post by Covenant »

I do not believe that The Emperor was a Jesusy sort of dude. He seems to be more of a "WTFAXEINURFACE" sort of guy. He seems to be a bit more Old Testament sort of wrathful God sort, but the Emperor doesn't manifest himself that way. I interperted it as the Emperor existed outside traditional theology and was a wandering dude of extreme power who didn't really come out into his own and lead mankind until it was in it's greatest need. Sort of a King Arthur sort of figure, if you will.
Dominus
Padawan Learner

Post by Dominus »

Indeed, it is said somewhere that the Emperor occasionally influenced things behind the scenes, so to speak, appearing in the guise of great political or religious leaders only when it was absolutely necessary for him to directly intervene in our affairs. For the most part, however, I'd wager that the Emperor kept to the shadows and influenced humanity's development through various agent provocateurs and whatnot... somewhat like a slightly more benevolent Tzeentch, at least at first.
Currald
Jedi Knight
Location: Portland, Oregon, North America, Tellus, Sol System, First Galaxy

Post by Currald »

Well, Realm of Chaos: The Lost and the Damned is the source of most of the Emperor fluff. It specifically says that he took many guises, including that of messiah, in order to help humanity along the correct path. How many messiahs have there been that had any real influence over the shape of human society?
Over the millennia the Emperor watched the human race develop. He travelled the entire globe, watching and helping, sometimes adopting the persona of a great leader or advisor. In times of trouble he became a crusader, a religious leader or messiah, at other times he remained a back-stage contributor to events, an advisor to kings, a court magician, a pioneering scientist. Many of the guises he adopted were humble, others became monumental figures of world history or religion. At times of crisis he would be there, steering the human race along a narrow survival path that he alone could see.
Pretty strongly implied, I'd say.
Clear Ether, Currald
Archaic`
Jedi Council Member

Post by Archaic` »

Personally, I would've put him as Muhammad, not Jesus. Though he could very well have been both.
Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos
Currald
Jedi Knight
Location: Portland, Oregon, North America, Tellus, Sol System, First Galaxy

Post by Currald »

But Muhammed wasn't a messiah; he was a prophet. But yes, he could certainly have been Muhammed, too. Remember though, that in Rogue Trader the Emperor was kind of sweetness and light. It was the Imperium that was all mean and grumbly. :evil:
Clear Ether, Currald
Teleros
Jedi Council Member

Post by Teleros »

He needn't have been Jesus at all - just controlling / influencing him. Still, that doesn't necessarily rule it out. I doubt GW will ever say anything for sure (can you imagine the uproar if the said "the God-Emperor once acted as Jesus" :lol: ?).
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Regardless, I don't see the Emperor letting them nail him up on a tree. More like, "Yes, I am king of the jews!" *Legionaries melt.* "Pilate, suck me off."
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Lazarus
Jedi Master

Post by Lazarus »

Is there anything definate on whether the Emperor will come back if he dies, or just die?
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I'd say the Emperor fucked Mary.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
white_rabbit
Jedi Council Member

Post by white_rabbit »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:I'd say the Emperor fucked Mary.
I reckon the Emperor probably nailed quite a lot of women.

I mean, come on, the guy probably had a cock like a coke bottle, have you seen the image of him next to some of the heresy era characters ?

He's taller than Constantin, the Captain General of the Custodes!

oh, and mind control anyone ? :twisted:
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

So, what? He's like ten feet tall? Hard for him to be...inconspicuous.
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

white_rabbit wrote:I mean, come on, the guy probably had a cock like a coke bottle,

I hate you.

Incidentally, I assume you mean a 2 litre one? :shock:
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Lazarus wrote:Is there anything definate on whether the Emperor will come back if he dies, or just die?
No, because that would ruin the surprise.
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker
Location: Ulthwé Craftworld, plotting the downfall of the Imperium.

Post by Lord Zentei »

Vendetta wrote:
Lazarus wrote:Is there anything definate on whether the Emperor will come back if he dies, or just die?
No, because that would ruin the surprise.
You mean the suspense, since the'll never actually allow him to kick the bucket. :P
CotK <mew> | HAB | JL | MM | TTC | Cybertron

TAX THE CHURCHES! - Lord Zentei TTC Supreme Grand Prophet

And the LORD said, Let there be Bosons! Yea and let there be Bosoms too!
I'd rather be the great great grandson of a demon ninja than some jackass who grew potatos. -- Covenant
Dead cows don't fart. -- CJvR
...and I like strudel! :mrgreen: -- Asuka
Azazal
Jedi Council Member

Post by Azazal »

white_rabbit wrote:
Of cource he did, that's were the sensai come from, they are his biological sons.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Or he could've performed cellular fission. My god, that would be EXTREME!
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
white_rabbit
Jedi Council Member

Post by white_rabbit »

Azazal wrote:
white_rabbit wrote:
Of cource he did, that's were the sensai come from, they are his biological sons.
I mean, a LOT!

Well aware of the background mate :wink:
I hate you.

Incidentally, I assume you mean a 2 litre one?
I'll leave it to your imagination :lol:
Azazal
Jedi Council Member

Post by Azazal »

white_rabbit wrote:
Azazal wrote:
white_rabbit wrote: I reckon the Emperor probably nailed quite a lot of women.
I mean, a LOT!

Well aware of the background mate :wink:
I know, just teasing. But hey, if you are immortal, it's a good way to pass the time :D
Plushie
Padawan Learner

Post by Plushie »

In 2008, GW reveals that the Emperor was behind the baby boomer generation of the 1950's.

Personally.
Cao Cao
Jedi Council Member

Post by Cao Cao »

Tonight on Jerry Springer..

"The God Emperor of Mankind is my illegitimate daddy!"
"I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode."~Teal'c
technomage
Padawan Learner

Post by technomage »

Azazal wrote:Of cource he did, that's were the sensai come from, they are his biological sons.
Not all of them. Most of the Sensei are just his descendants, not his sons direct. C'mon, he's 48 thousand years old, he's had a lot of wives, a lot of kids, and a metric fuckload of descendants. Every now and then, one of his descendants turns sterile, immortal, and gets a lot of anti-chaos power.

For that matter, that's why the Sensei plot can't actually be eliminated, no matter how hard the Inquisition tries. There will always be more. Unless they're willing to wipe out Humanity itself, which is... kinda pointless.

Hell, are all of the Sensei even male? There are probably female Sensei too, huh?
"Mother, implement Case Omega."
-the last time Colin MacIntyre gives an order without thinking it through.
Azazal
Jedi Council Member

Post by Azazal »

technomage wrote:
Azazal wrote:Of cource he did, that's were the sensai come from, they are his biological sons.
Not all of them. Most of the Sensei are just his descendants, not his sons direct. C'mon, he's 48 thousand years old, he's had a lot of wives, a lot of kids, and a metric fuckload of descendants. Every now and then, one of his descendants turns sterile, immortal, and gets a lot of anti-chaos power.

For that matter, that's why the Sensei plot can't actually be eliminated, no matter how hard the Inquisition tries. There will always be more. Unless they're willing to wipe out Humanity itself, which is... kinda pointless.

Hell, are all of the Sensei even male? There are probably female Sensei too, huh?

Now you're just talking crazy.

From the unholy tome: Realms of Chaos, The Lost and the Damned, page 217.
Before the Imperium was established and long before he was confined to his life support throne, the Emperor lived in hiding among ordinary men. During his life he fathered many families, while always taking care to vanish and start afresh whenever possible.

The Emperor's sons, however, proved to have unique powers all their own. They too are immortal, but while their father is mankind's most powerful psyker, they are the exact opposite. They are psychic blanks, who cannot be seen or sensed by psykers. As a result they are safe from the mental interferance of warp entities, and they have the power to channel and use the warp energy directly. The Emperor's sons are stronger, tougher, and faster then the rest if humnainty, in many ways the genetic counterparts of the marines of the Legiones Astartes. They are, however, infertile: the Emperor has no further decendants.

Sensai are the sons of the Emperor, not decendants further down the line. Also the fluff only mentions sons, sadly, no daughters.
defanatic
Jedi Knight

Post by defanatic »

The Emporer sired Chuck Norris. He's that badass.
NecronLord wrote:Regardless, I don't see the Emperor letting them nail him up on a tree. More like, "Yes, I am king of the jews!" *Legionaries melt.* "Pilate, suck me off."
Maybe he made everyone believe Jesus existed? He could just make people up and say they existed, right?
>>Your head hurts.

>>Quaff painkillers

>>Your head no longer hurts.