Could Palpatine munipulate b5 galaxy more than the Shadows?

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Omega-13
Racist Donkey-Raping Son of a Whore

Could Palpatine munipulate b5 galaxy more than the Shadows?

Post by Omega-13 »

You drop The Emperor into the b5 galaxy, hidden in the back ground, much like the shadows, could he out think..out manouver..and out munipulate the puppets better than they could?
derek_m_p@hotmail.com

I'm a useless pile of subhuman racist filth who attacked Darth Wong's heritage and accused him of abusing his wife and children!

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... 99#1688299
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

No. He would not have the reach that the Shadows/Vorlons did, nor would he have the patience. He would either attempt to conquer the races by himself, or he would not be able to manipulate as well. Note that the Shadows and the Vorlons were able to alter the evolutionary paths of all of the younger races. That would be beyond the reach of the Emperor. The Emperor also would not have the patience to do what the Shadows have done. He would have revealed himself before he had demonstrated their ability to manipulate, though conceivably he would have been able to conquer the races, so it really does not matter.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Omega-13

Post by Omega-13 »

I think what really gives the emperor the advantage, is that he can see the future, and can say the right things at the right time etc etc
derek_m_p@hotmail.com

I'm a useless pile of subhuman racist filth who attacked Darth Wong's heritage and accused him of abusing his wife and children!

Renewed_Valour1
Padawan Learner

Post by Renewed_Valour1 »

Omega-13 wrote:I think what really gives the emperor the advantage, is that he can see the future, and can say the right things at the right time etc etc
3 words.

Very Long Shaft....
Smiling Bandit
Jedi Master

Post by Smiling Bandit »

Ha! The SHadows would think he was an easily manipulated pawn, or at best a servant like Morden. Then, he orchestrates their downfall and rules the Galaxy after secretly causing the First Ones to leave. He dominates the Shadow's former slave-races and forces more and more fighting until they are all destroyed and he has become Emporer of the new pan-galactic Imperial State!

The Shadows and Vorlons altered evolution cuz they were too pathetic to do things the right way! Ha Ha Ha!
ph3@r the k3oot3 0n3z
I thought this was a capture the b33r mod?!
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

palpatine seems gifted in persuasion, as well as hiding his true motives. that wouldn't change, even if the universe did. he certainly couldn't start moving the galaxy like the shadows did, but give him 5 yrs to study, make a plan, and enact it, and he could turn the young races to his banner, armed with shadow tech.

he'd prolly take out the shadows then. heh.
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
Omega-13

Post by Omega-13 »

Thats true, they woudln't be able to read his mind, and say "ah he's not really on our side"

I think it goes that the emperor has a mind that cannot be read, not even yoda could detect evil, nevermind thoughts
derek_m_p@hotmail.com

Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Palpy would totally (WARNING! RUDE STATEMENT) butt-rape, the younger races with little to no effort. Sheridan would have a convinient accident, Delen would be unable to speak against him, and Londo would be his most powerfull supporter! :D
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Omega-13

Post by Omega-13 »

The shadows would also be totally unaware that the emperor could detect them even though they are cloaked, and would probably use that to his advantage
derek_m_p@hotmail.com

Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman »

Actually, the Emperor has greater chance to manipulate B5 than Shadows/Vorlons. Before he became Emperor, Palpatine posed as harmless senator, didn't he? So he can influence them in ways that Shadows/Vorlons can't, such as playing in political arena, diplomatic, etc. Rather giving unquestionable & mysterious advice ala ambassador Kosh, he could persuade B5 races in more reasonable way.

Of course, should mind-control needed, he can always use the Force....
Dead on Arrival
Youngling

Post by Dead on Arrival »

The shadows would also be totally unaware that the emperor could detect them even though they are cloaked, and would probably use that to his advantage
The Emperor would be totally unaware that his use of the Force is easily monitored and he will be marked, followed, and manipulated into yet another tool for the First Ones.

Unsupported statements of opinion are fun, don't you agree?
Appointed Spacebattles Deity of the Fiver Resistance Army
"All the firepower in the universe cannot stop the coming storm..."
Dead on Arrival
Youngling

Post by Dead on Arrival »

Actually, the Emperor has greater chance to manipulate B5 than Shadows/Vorlons.
Hardly. One man alone could never duplicate the plots within plots that the Shadows/Vorlons interwove over thousands of years.
Before he became Emperor, Palpatine posed as harmless senator, didn't he? So he can influence them in ways that Shadows/Vorlons can't, such as playing in political arena, diplomatic, etc.
Have you even watched Babylon 5? Did your brain remove all knowledge of the fact the Shadows were behind the assassination of President Santiago and Clarke's rise to power? How about there corruption of the Psi-Corp, so as to partially counter-act the creation of the telepaths by the Vorlons? Or how about them playing one race off the other, so that the galaxy was one giant chaotic mess?
Rather giving unquestionable & mysterious advice ala ambassador Kosh, he could persuade B5 races in more reasonable way.
You do realize that Kosh was going against the will of his fellow Vorlons by training Sheridan and guiding him upon what he perceived to be the right path? The real 'players' were all of the Shadow and Vorlon minions behind the scenes doing all the work. You must have totally forgotten about the role Morden played in the series...
Of course, should mind-control needed, he can always use the Force....
I am sure he could, but then he has to worry about the agencies that police rogue telepaths...which is what he would be. Also, if his powers are really unique...he might find himself upon a Shadow/Vorlon dissection table. :D
Appointed Spacebattles Deity of the Fiver Resistance Army
"All the firepower in the universe cannot stop the coming storm..."
Smiling Bandit
Jedi Master

Post by Smiling Bandit »

As near as I can tell, the entire "grand plots" of the Shadows amounted to getting some stooges into power by killing/destoying the reputations of/whatevering the leaders of various races.
ph3@r the k3oot3 0n3z
I thought this was a capture the b33r mod?!
Omega-13

Post by Omega-13 »

Dead on Arrival wrote:
The Emperor would be totally unaware that his use of the Force is easily monitored and he will be marked, followed, and manipulated into yet another tool for the First Ones.

Unsupported statements of opinion are fun, don't you agree?
yeaaaa...ok and how do they detect something they dont know anything about???

Its not me who has to prove they CAN'T detect the force, its not even in their universe, there is nothing that even suggests they can detect the force
derek_m_p@hotmail.com