Zerg vs. Imperial Army

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Mr. B
Jedi Knight

Zerg vs. Imperial Army

Post by Mr. B »

The Zerg have numbers and well numbers on their side.

The Imperial Army has ATATs ATST stormtroopers heavy blasters, planetary shields, Tie Bombers, And one hell of a lot of firepower.
"I got so high last night I figured out how clouds work." - the miracle of marijuana

Legalize It!

Proud Member of the local 404 Professional Cynics Union.

"Every Revolution carries within it the seeds of its own destruction."-Dune
Mr. B
Jedi Knight

Post by Mr. B »

The Empire wins, but they have massive casualties. Stormies don't last very long on the ground, and the only saving grace for them is the heavy armor. The ATATs waste any heavy Zerg(ultra hydra) while the Zerglings are taken out by the ATSTS and light vehicles hovertanks Stormies in hardened shelters. The mutatisks dueling it out inthe skies with Tie Defs and the Tie Ds win because of missles and firepower.

Very bloody fight.
"I got so high last night I figured out how clouds work." - the miracle of marijuana

Legalize It!

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Is this base or a battlefield?

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Mr. B
Jedi Knight

Post by Mr. B »

Zerg swarm attacks Imperial Fortifications/garison

Legalize It!

Mr. B
Jedi Knight

Post by Mr. B »

This would be a battle to see.

Legalize It!

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Acutal no...

Imperal Garrison Active Defensive shield

And watchs the Fire-works :D

Garrisons have shields normaly that extend to the ground,
They are designed to take Barrages from Orbital Ships like ISD with Teraton Weapons not forever(just one Shield Gen after all)

Can you say Bug Zapper? :D

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

B, stop trying to boost your fucking post count. You've turned what should have been two posts into four, and this sort of crap is exactly the kind of thing that pisses me off. Quality counts!

Anyway, the Imperials win.
"I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war."
--The Lord Humungus
Mr. B
Jedi Knight

Post by Mr. B »

Pablo Sanchez wrote:B, stop trying to boost your fucking post count. You've turned what should have been two posts into four, and this sort of crap is exactly the kind of thing that pisses me off. Quality counts!

Anyway, the Imperials win.
I was trying to get more people interested in the topic.

Delete the extra posts if you want.

Legalize It!

Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

Mr. B wrote:I was trying to get more people interested in the topic.
No, you weren't. I haven't been a denizen of multiple gaming forums and learned nothing. I see this all the time.
Delete the extra posts if you want.
IDMR would have to. It's just annoying when you see a ten word message, then another by the same author which states very little more.
--The Lord Humungus
Mr. B
Jedi Knight

Post by Mr. B »

When I post the the tag turns yellow. People are more likely to go in and put in their two cents if its popular. There are obvously people interested in StarCraft here and I want to hear what they have to say and if that means i have to get my count lowered than so be it.

Legalize It!

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

And beside Pablo if you where worried about Spammers what about me and
David? :D

We comprise 15% of the Boards Post you know :D

Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

Mr Bean wrote:And beside Pablo if you where worried about Spammers what about me and
David? :D

We comprise 15% of the Boards Post you know :D
Only when added together :) But as far as I can tell, you guys post messages legitimately.
--The Lord Humungus
Mr. B
Jedi Knight

zerg vs. imperial battle mini fan fic

Post by Mr. B »

The Imperials set up a base on a small planet in unknown territory. They have 2000 stormies 10 ATATs 30 ATSTs and 10 Tie Bombers. They also have hardened ferrocrete bunkers for the troopers and heavy blasters in side. They have 10 liters of nerve gas and a deployment system. And in place over the base is a theater shield like at Hoth. In command is a battle hardened Colonel who has seen much action against the Rebels and had quickly climbed the ranks.

The Zerg have 6000 Zerglings and 2000 Hydralisks, along with 500 Ultralisks and 200 lurkers. The cerebrate is also battle hardended leader who serves the overmind well. The cerebrate has 20 mutalisks flying recon.

Fight.

The commander sees the zerg coming down the mountains and orders a full alert. The stormies enter the bunkers and the walkers go into position.
The zerg come under the shield like at Hoth and the zergling and hydras along with ultras launch a mass attack at the Imperials. The fast zerglings reach the bunkers first, blaster fire tearing apart the lings. The ATATs fire ranged heavy blasts at the appraoching zerg and take out the ultras. The hydras evade most heavy fire and continue the attack.
The lings start hiting the bunkers and manage to get in and tear apart troopers inside. The hydras needle attacks now start hitting the bunkers and some hit stormies, penetrating the armor. The walkers now have lings surronding their legs. Several try climbing up the legs. The ATSTs shoot off the lings from the legs. The zergs have lots over half their force by now and the Imperials have taken 20% casualties. One surviving ultra knocks over a ATAT and it crushes many lings and a few hydras.
Several ATSTs have been taken down and their drivers killed. The Imperial comdr now launches the bombers loaded with nerve gas and orders it dumped on the zerg reinforcements. The mutalisks attack the bombers but are all shot down. The gas kills off the remaining zerg.
The Empire loses 2 ATATs 20 ATSTs 800 Stormies and 3 bombers. Later the Fleet comes and relieves the battered soldiers.

EMPIRE WINS a bloody fight.

Legalize It!

Shadow WarChief
Rabid Monkey

Post by Shadow WarChief »

Your scenario seems more less realistic to me B, 'cept for one problem. IIRC, the zerg are immune to all types of nerve gas/checmical agents/ disease etc....

You might want to check the manual though. I'm not too sure on that.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

I don't even think that the Imperials would take immense casualties. They would be able to bombard Zerg planets from space, and even the scourges would have little or no effect on Imperial capital ships. Even if we assume that stormtroopers were sent in to route out the Zerg, the Zerg might not be able to deal as heavy casualties as you guys are implying. Stormtrooper armor is VERY effective at stopping projectiles (like hydralisk spines) and physical attacks like those from Zerglings and even ultralisks. I won't pretend that the stormtroopers would be invincible. If swarmed, the zerg would take their toll, but I don't think that the outcome would ever be in doubt.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Mr. B
Jedi Knight

Post by Mr. B »

Shadow WarChief wrote: Your scenario seems more less realistic to me B, 'cept for one problem. IIRC, the zerg are immune to all types of nerve gas/checmical agents/ disease etc....

I did not know that. Allright, assume it's napalm.

Legalize It!

Mr. B
Jedi Knight

Post by Mr. B »

Master of Ossus wrote: I don't even think that the Imperials would take immense casualties. They would be able to bombard Zerg planets from space, and even the scourges would have little or no effect on Imperial capital ships. Even if we assume that stormtroopers were sent in to route out the Zerg, the Zerg might not be able to deal as heavy casualties as you guys are implying. Stormtrooper armor is VERY effective at stopping projectiles (like hydralisk spines) and physical attacks like those from Zerglings and even ultralisks. I won't pretend that the stormtroopers would be invincible. If swarmed, the zerg would take their toll, but I don't think that the outcome would ever be in doubt.
This is first contact situation. And I think the spines could pebetrate armor. Thy do it to the protoss armor and that is strong. But maybe not as strong as Stormie armor.

Legalize It!

Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Stormtrooper armor has stopped metal spears thrown by cyborgs without taking significant damage. Further, the armor in question's structural integrity remained intact enough to allow the soldier to continue wearing it. Sorry, but there is no chance that hydralisk spines are moving fast enough to be able to generate the kind of kinetic energy needed to penetrate stormtrooper armor. If they found one of those little gaps in the plates, then it would be different, but even with those weak points, stormtrooper armor does an EXCELLENT job of protecting them from projectiles and shrapnel.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Mr. B
Jedi Knight

Post by Mr. B »

Master of Ossus wrote: Stormtrooper armor has stopped metal spears thrown by cyborgs without taking significant damage. Further, the armor in question's structural integrity remained intact enough to allow the soldier to continue wearing it. Sorry, but there is no chance that hydralisk spines are moving fast enough to be able to generate the kind of kinetic energy needed to penetrate stormtrooper armor. If they found one of those little gaps in the plates, then it would be different, but even with those weak points, stormtrooper armor does an EXCELLENT job of protecting them from projectiles and shrapnel.
Well I accept your point. The Zerg are fucked then. I wonder if Stormies like to eat fried Zerg.

Legalize It!

fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Zerg spikes can penetrate Battlecruiser hulls. :roll:
Mr. B
Jedi Knight

Post by Mr. B »

spines<stormtrooper armor

spines>BC armor

stormie>spine>BC

?

Legalize It!

fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Mr. B wrote:spines<stormtrooper armor

spines>BC armor

stormie>spine>BC

?
There's your trekkie logic right there. :lol:
Mr. B
Jedi Knight

changed my mind again

Post by Mr. B »

I Think that the spines could penetrate give enough force.

Legalize It!

lgot
Jedi Knight

Post by lgot »

Your scenario seems more less realistic to me B, 'cept for one problem. IIRC, the zerg are immune to all types of nerve gas/checmical agents/ disease etc....

That would make no sense... Zergs are not Imunne to Zergs...They are affected by the Defiler's power...
Muffin is food. Food is good. I am a Muffin. I am good.
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

There's nothing in the manual about Zerg being immune to biological/chemical weapons. However, the humans of SC are a pretty ruthless bunch, and we can assume they tried out those weapons.
Probably they didn't work, and therefore they disregarded them.
I think victory or defeat depends on who is in the offensive.
If the Zerg invade the Empire, they will perhaps be able to conquer lightly defended planets in the outer rim.
If the Empire invades, they can just go deep into the Zerg territory, pop up over the Overmind's/Kerrigan's planet, BDZ it, and the Zerg are paralyzed.
Then they can just go and kill all remaining Zerg.
Supermod