Favorite Gaunt's Ghosts moments (Here there be Spoilers)

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Favorite Gaunt's Ghosts moments (Here there be Spoilers)

Post by SylasGaunt »

Well I was thinking after reading the absolutely great final battle in Vampireslayer and got to thinking about the Ghosts specificially..

What are some of your favorite moments from the series?

From Sabbat Martyr (since that's the last one I read)-

The stalking battle with the Dark Eldar Mandrake- OWNED!

Lijah fucking Cuu getting ganked (Finally, I've wanted that asshole dead since Bragg died)
Dragannia
Redshirt

Post by Dragannia »

Bragg died? DAmn. When is that? I've only just finished Necropolis.
Dragannia: Supreme Inquisitor

AWESOME!!!
SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

I forget about where it happened but Lijah killed Bragg IIRC for interfering in his attempts to terrorize Mad Larkin (who also happened to be the guy who killed Cuu in SM).
Black Admiral
Jedi Council Member

Post by Black Admiral »

Definitely in First And Only, when Gaunt charges into the Ghost's R&R, downs half a bottle of beer/wine/whatever, and than says "Lads, I could do with a hand."
"I do not say the French cannot come. I only say they cannot come by sea." - Admiral Lord St. Vincent, Royal Navy, during the Napoleonic Wars

"Show me a general who has made no mistakes and you speak of a general who has seldom waged war." - Marshal Turenne, 1641
constantine
Padawan Learner

Post by constantine »

I like the part in Ghostmaker when Mkoll takes out a Chaos Dreadnought. Though the Dreadnought was blind, it was still impressive.

I also like when the Beati kicks ass in Sabbat Martyr.
General G
Youngling

Post by General G »

I also like when the Beati kicks ass in Sabbat Martyr.
Saint:1

Chaos Baneblade:0
Former Ruler of the Terran Alliance
Member of the Iron Brigade.
Black Admiral
Jedi Council Member

Post by Black Admiral »

Some from The Guns of Tanith:
The Guns of Tanith, page 13 wrote:"Problem?" asked Obel.

"No sir," said Larkin, adjusting the sling of his gun case. "Except that Cuu's a fething menace."

"Unlike the actual enemy, who is soft and cuddly. Get your scrawny butt up that tower Larkin.
and:
The Guns of Tanith, page 18 wrote:Varl sighed. "Everything's standard pattern! This the Imperial fething Guard! Standard pattern boots, standard pattern mess-tins, standard pattern bodybags! I'm a standard pattern infantryman and you're a standard pattern no-neck, and any minute now my standard pattern fist is going to smack your nose bone right into your very sub-standard pattern brain!"
"I do not say the French cannot come. I only say they cannot come by sea." - Admiral Lord St. Vincent, Royal Navy, during the Napoleonic Wars

"Show me a general who has made no mistakes and you speak of a general who has seldom waged war." - Marshal Turenne, 1641
Dragannia
Redshirt

Post by Dragannia »

Black Admiral wrote:
The Guns of Tanith, page 18 wrote:Varl sighed. "Everything's standard pattern! This the Imperial fething Guard! Standard pattern boots, standard pattern mess-tins, standard pattern bodybags! I'm a standard pattern infantryman and you're a standard pattern no-neck, and any minute now my standard pattern fist is going to smack your nose bone right into your very sub-standard pattern brain!"
ROFL! :lol:
Dragannia: Supreme Inquisitor

AWESOME!!!