Armageddon book 3. Anyone got it?

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

The Infidel
Jedi Master

Armageddon book 3. Anyone got it?

Post by The Infidel »

Stuart Slade is dead, and it seems his forum is down as well.
I managed to make a copy of the two first arcs, "Armageddon" and "Phanteoside".

Stuart started to write on "Gods of War", book 3 in 2019 and published 4 chapters and a short summary of what was to come on his forum before he died, but I never copied or read it. I wonder if anybody here have a copy of what he wrote, as I'm a bit curious about what happened afterwards.

Yeah, I know it's not a complete story, but I take what I can.
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
- Raw Shark on my slug hunting
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Re: Armageddon book 3. Anyone got it?

Post by NecronLord »

He'd already parted ways with the board by then so it was never here, but maybe someone will have it.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

NecronLord wrote: 2022-07-06 05:20pm He'd already parted ways with the board by then so it was never here, but maybe someone will have it.
It was on his own forum, but I never got to fetch it before it was gone. I hoped someone else here might have snatched it.
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
ray245
Emperor's Hand

Post by ray245 »

Slade died a while ago.
Humans are such funny creatures. We are selfish about selflessness, yet we can love something so much that we can hate something.
Composeure
Youngling

Post by Composeure »

Check the wayback machine.
Stuart died a while ago
Remind me, Stuart was the same one who wrote that *other* series right? If so-- there might be some kind of joke/moral in that :wink:
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

**IF** anything of Armageddon was left on this board, it would be under "User Fiction", maybe under the "Completed or Cleaned Up" forum.

However, iirc, Stuart requested that ALL HIS WORK be removed from this board, so he could go to print with it.

All I can say is "Use the Search Function", and may the odds be in your favor.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

You could likely wayback machine this forum and see if it was archived deep enough to capture the story.
Composeure
Youngling

Post by Composeure »

I know his *other* story was archived on wayback machine at least.
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

I know that nothing is on this board. Maya made that perfectly clear as she gave me directions to Stuarts board.
I was wondering if anybody had fetched a copy of the 4 chapters he wrote on "Gods of war" on his own forum before he died and his forum went down.

How do I use the wayback engine? Is it a site?
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

https://archive.org/web/ The Wayback machine.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

Does anybody remember when that chapter was posted? It's easier to find it if I have an approximate date to check.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

I have found the wayback machine horrible for Discussion Group backups.

If you find it, i'll be both surprised, and impressed.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

I found this but I'm not sure datewise how it matches up to what we're looking for.

https://web.archive.org/web/20100903035 ... 9&t=144268
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

Jub wrote: 2023-03-08 10:25pm I found this but I'm not sure datewise how it matches up to what we're looking for.

https://web.archive.org/web/20100903035 ... 9&t=144268
Hey, this epilogue is different from the one I have. I made pdfs of Armageddon and Pantheocide many years ago (and did not share them). Didn't know about this one.
Thanks. :)

The one I was looking for, was found on http://www.tboverse.us/HPCAFORUM/phpBB3/ . He started writing it just a few months before he died, but I don't remember when that was. Well, it's probably lost in time.

(Hm, it links automatically, even though I didn't... Well, the link is dead anyway.)